New Cadet Officer

Started by vesryn, December 19, 2015, 02:04:05 AM

vesryn

So today I passed my PT and leadership tests required for my promotion to C/2d Lt. While there are no more CAP meetings at our squadron until next year (Jan 16), the Squadron Commander has allowed me to wear my new rank on my uniform to the upcoming NERCLS, starting 27 Dec. I already have my C/2d Lt Epulates, ribbon and mini insignia, but I was wondering (besides the cloth insignia) if there was anything else that I needed? There isn't really a definitive "New CAP Cadet Officer" guide that I've found to help, though I did find this: (powerpoint download) http://goo.gl/Vbhf8I

Thanks for the help!
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

almostspaatz

You kind of have to scour the uniform manual to figure all this out..a guide would be nice (maybe you could make one?  >:D)

You need:
-Full size pips (for shoulder boards, also for outer garments)
-Shoulder boards (for service jacket)
-miniature pips (for epaulet sleeves)
-blue epaulet sleeves (for class b)
-pips on ultramarine cloth (BDU, don't forget one for the field cap)

Have fun becoming a cadet officer (its expensive).
C/Maj Steve Garrett

ßτε

...and one full size for your flight cap.

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: almostspaatz on December 19, 2015, 02:39:36 AM
You kind of have to scour the uniform manual to figure all this out..a guide would be nice (maybe you could make one?  >:D)

You need:

And then once you achieve C/Maj., you get to buy shoulder boards again!  :o
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

vesryn

You need:

Who knows, maybe I will once I figure it out! I read somewhere on 39-1 that mini pips can be worn on the flight cap. Where else specifically are they used?

(Side note: make sure to update your ribbon rack picture in your signature!)
Eaker #3363

THRAWN

All the uniform stuff aside, congratulations on your accomplishment. It is a huge milestone, not only in your time as a CAP Cadet, but in your life as a whole. You're now responsible. The Old Man. The OIC. Do not let it go to your head. There are still people out there that know more than you. Listen to them. Keep their advice in mind when you're making decisions. Never use your rank or position to gain favor for yourself at the expense of your troops. Finally, keep learning, ask questions, and do the right hard thing....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Chappie

Quote from: THRAWN on December 19, 2015, 06:40:04 PM
All the uniform stuff aside, congratulations on your accomplishment. It is a huge milestone, not only in your time as a CAP Cadet, but in your life as a whole. You're now responsible. The Old Man. The OIC. Do not let it go to your head. There are still people out there that know more than you. Listen to them. Keep their advice in mind when you're making decisions. Never use your rank or position to gain favor for yourself at the expense of your troops. Finally, keep learning, ask questions, and do the right hard thing....

^^^^Very good and wise counsel.  And...congratulations on your promotion and the new responsibilities which you will be undertaking.  The opportunities that await will be outstanding and worthwhile.   Enjoy this part of the journey...as one of my mentors once told me:  "While traveling on the trip, don't forget to take in the scenery and sites".
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

vesryn

Quote from: Chappie on December 19, 2015, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on December 19, 2015, 06:40:04 PM

^^^^Very good and wise counsel.  And...congratulations on your promotion and the new responsibilities which you will be undertaking.  The opportunities that await will be outstanding and worthwhile.   Enjoy this part of the journey...as one of my mentors once told me:  "While traveling on the trip, don't forget to take in the scenery and sites".

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. I'll make sure to follow them.
Eaker #3363

Capt Thompson

Quote from: Trenzalorian on December 19, 2015, 06:19:39 PM

You need:

Who knows, maybe I will once I figure it out! I read somewhere on 39-1 that mini pips can be worn on the flight cap. Where else specifically are they used?

(Side note: make sure to update your ribbon rack picture in your signature!)

Correct, however the mini pips for a C/2d Lt are quite small, and won't be very noticeable. The only Cadets I've seen with minis on their flight cap are C/Capt's and C/Col's. Ask the other officers in your Squadron and see what they wear, and buy the same for uniformity.

Other than that congrats on your achievement!
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Гугл переводчик

If you need some C/2nd LT pips, I may have some of my old ones laying around...
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

MSG Mac

Congratulations on achieving your Mitchell Award. As long as you have the Christmas break, start on your Flight Commander achievement. The SDA materials are online.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member