Looking for INOP/Unwanted Instruments

Started by a2capt, April 14, 2009, 04:53:58 AM

a2capt

I'm looking for instruments for table top use. I'd like to mount a six pack together with the backs removed, in a lexan case where the back slides up/out so that folks can see the innards, and maybe even redo the bearings enough so that the gyros spin on some of them. On ones that have been taken out of service due to bad/worn bearings.

I've actually rebuil them to where they behave as good as working ones, and are as quiet.

Anyone have anything sitting around they don't want? I just need to cut some holes in metal to hold them. Or find an instrument panel to cut down smaller.

Tony

a2capt

How about any instrument panels? The metal frame part, that has at least a six pack of holes in it?

.. anyone got anything? :)

SJFedor

Best bet is to go hit up a local aircraft scrapyard, see if they'll let you take some stuff as a "charitable donation" to CAP. Many moons ago, that's how my old squadron acquired 2 wings and a fuselage for some simulated wreckage for training aircrews.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

heliodoc

Wentworth Aviation

Minneapolis, MN

Ask Steve if do a CAP donation