Post your dream gear-setup here!

Started by Equinox, August 25, 2012, 02:09:16 AM

Equinox

My dream gear-setup...

24HR GEAR

72HR GEAR

Now if only I could find these in Multicam...   :o
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

Eclipse

Are you planning on carrying 12 cell phones?

"That Others May Zoom"

Equinox

:o Nooooooooooop! 

Just a compass, duct tape, Paracord, TP, Notepad, Glowstick, Matches, Flashlight, Knife etc.    8)

AngelWings

Quote from: Equinox on August 25, 2012, 02:14:22 AM
:o Nooooooooooop! 

Just a compass, duct tape, Paracord, TP, Notepad, Glowstick, Matches, Flashlight, Knife etc.    8)
I think you'd be jealous of my Tactical Tailor MOLLE set up!

Equinox

NC Hokie

Quote from: Equinox on August 25, 2012, 02:09:16 AM
My dream gear-setup...
72HR GEAR

Wow, you must have really small base gear (tent, sleeping bag, spare uniform, etc.)!
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Equinox

Yup, just a tarp, ground pad, and sleeping bag, among a few small miscellaneous items...

Now enough about me!! What about you guys?!

AngelWings

Minus light weights, M-40 Gas Mask, PASGT Helmet (unless I need a hard hat, the helmet was 20 bucks, I'm not going to argue the price for gear I probably won't use), but keep everything else. Again, I collect miltaria, so I use some collectibles for gear.

Garibaldi

I have all I need:
large ALICE
3-piece modular sleep system
web gear
small tactical pack that fits inside the ALICE
2 Camelbacks, one 32oz, 1 100oz
PASGT helmet

Granted, if I wear all of it at the same time, I will fall over but every thing I need is in my trunk.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Equinox on August 25, 2012, 02:24:58 AM
Yup, just a tarp, ground pad, and sleeping bag, among a few small miscellaneous items...

A tarp and a ground pad sounds great on paper and won't cut it for most CAP missions, and your vest is going to be a huge PITA
getting in and out of vehicles, not to mention you can't even bed over while you're wearing it.

There's about 20 threads on vests and gear here, check those out.

"That Others May Zoom"

Equinox

Quote from: AngelWings on August 25, 2012, 02:28:58 AMMinus light weights, M-40 Gas Mask, PASGT Helmet (unless I need a hard hat, the helmet was 20 bucks, I'm not going to argue the price for gear I probably won't use), but keep everything else. Again, I collect miltaria, so I use some collectibles for gear.

Wow.  :clap:

AngelWings

And to add, the vest is really good for me. I am CERT, GES, MSA, and working on my UDF, so I sit down a lot inside vans. The vest allows me to carry everything I need for my 24. It is my dream set up, but I do want to get a FLC only because it has more space and allows me to put things on my back (like Canteens). The MOLLE II Assault pack is great to carry 72 hour and 24 hour things I physically need on me at all times. I carry everything else in a Flight Kit Bag that given to me, like tents, sleeping bags, sleepings bads, etc.

Quote from: Equinox on August 25, 2012, 02:35:12 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on August 25, 2012, 02:28:58 AMMinus light weights, M-40 Gas Mask, PASGT Helmet (unless I need a hard hat, the helmet was 20 bucks, I'm not going to argue the price for gear I probably won't use), but keep everything else. Again, I collect miltaria, so I use some collectibles for gear.

Wow.  :clap:
I thought you'd like it  :) You can get the pack for $30, a FLC (similar to this, with basically the same amount of space as my tactical tailor vest which is discontinued) for $7, and assorted MOLLE pouches for around $40-$60 depending on what you get. My vest was a full MOLLE kit, including the pouches, and was a free snag. It runs for around $70 plus the price of pouches. I recommend getting different pouches than tactical tailor, they're a PITA to put on the vest (because you have to weave the plastic straps through the MOLLE webbing), plus you could get them cheaper for about the same quality.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/vests-armor/modular/mav-body-1-piece

PA Guy

Is there a big need in Grnd Ops for camo, protective masks and PASGTs?

AngelWings

Quote from: PA Guy on August 25, 2012, 02:52:44 AM
Is there a big need in Grnd Ops for camo, protective masks and PASGTs?
Reading is critical. It's all gear that was either free or from militaria collection. It looks uniform anyways. Is there a need for me to go out and waste money on expensive flamboyant/reflective SAR gear? The helmet is from my collection (and I said I don't really use it), the vest was free, the pack was from my collection, and I already said the M-40 gas mask wasn't used for the gear. I don't have too much money, and the gear was a real steal for me.

PA Guy

You just keep telling yourself that.  My critical reading skills are just fine.  Based on my experience as a GTL  CAP Grnd Ops is not about looking like Ricky Recon.

AngelWings

You let me know when you are going to buy my a whole new SAR kit that meets you specific preferences. I'll even give you my address if you want. I'll even send you my parents bills, because you wouldn't believe, my household is IN DEBT. The gear was free or cheap, and the last thing I want to do is to buy a LL Bean pack that's too small to hold much of the 24 or to go out and buy myself a bunch of gear that meets your standards. I'm no Ranger Rick, I'm poor.

Eclipse

There's nothing wrong with your gear and no reason to have to defend it - it's typical of 90% of what people are using and plenty adequate for the job.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on August 25, 2012, 03:25:29 AM
There's nothing wrong with your gear and no reason to have to defend it - it's typical of 90% of what people are using and plenty adequate for the job.
I apologize if I seem like I am defending it. I am more of taking offense that people expect me to buy a bunch of expensive stuff that I cannot afford, and it hurts because money is so tight for me and my family right now.

Equinox

Quote from: Eclipse on August 25, 2012, 03:25:29 AM

Now if only it came in Multicam...   ;)

Stonewall

Standard LBE with modifications....

I use a standard large ALICE pack with a few modifications that I made in 1992 (yes, I still use that pack).  But I often substitute it with the CFP-90 when I carry a fart sack sleeping bag.  I really appreciate the CFP-90's bottom entry compartment for the sleeping bag.  The detachable day pack is useful too.

Serving since 1987.