Comm NET schedules

Started by ♠SARKID♠, September 23, 2008, 05:36:40 AM

♠SARKID♠

I just started working on the net completion portion of my comm badge checking in to some HF nets within GLR.  I managed to hit Indiana, Illinois, and WI (through a relay, go figure).  Made me curious, when do other states/regions run their nets?  Might be neat to try some CAP DXing.

jimmydeanno

New Hampshire Wing runs their net every night at 1900.  There usually aren't too many people that get on so at 1910 it is usually over. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

desertengineer1

Just got the MICOM station up at my house as well. 

Anyone have info on SWR nets?  Would love to start checking in - I just don't have the secret decoder ring (designators and times).

JoeTomasone

The FLWG net is daily at 0730 and 2030 on SA.

isuhawkeye

davidsinn

Quote from: isuhawkeye on September 24, 2008, 12:35:49 PM
is this information not FOUO

No it's not. Designators are by definition free and clear. Now if he had said it was on 987.65 Ghz then we have a problem.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

♠SARKID♠

FOUO covers nothing more than actual frequencies.

jimmydeanno

My Squadron meets every Thursday from 1830-2100.

AHHH! OPSEC OPSEC!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

isuhawkeye

ok,  then I look forward to hearing you on the air

a2capt

Southern California is "following" the VHF nets which are at 1900 on weekdays. So the start time kinda varies but it's generally by 1930 and you'll hear something.

♠SARKID♠

I assume these are all local times everyone is using?

desertengineer1

If it is, we're in trouble.  They are on the CAP web site in the 100-3 - just without the frequencies  :)

drcomm

Quote from: desertengineer1 on September 23, 2008, 10:08:40 PM
Just got the MICOM station up at my house as well. 

Anyone have info on SWR nets?  Would love to start checking in - I just don't have the secret decoder ring (designators and times).

OK Wing HF is Thursday 1830L.  It has been sporadic lately though.  If I recall correctly the AR Wing net follows at 1900L.
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

cap235629

AR Wing has 2 daily net calls 0700 and 1900 local
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

♠SARKID♠

Okay, hit WI, IL, IN, OH tonight, and I heard modulation on Pacific Region's freq that sounded like a net (because of the distinct pauses) but didn't attempt contact.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 23, 2008, 11:47:20 AM
New Hampshire Wing runs their net every night at 1900.  There usually aren't too many people that get on so at 1910 it is usually over. 

I almost made it to you guys tonight.  I was the station Abanaki 4 kept having retry.  Oh well, maybe next week.

jimmydeanno

HA! I was wondering what the heck was going on.  I figured it was one of our guys trying to reach across the state on simplex.  One of these days they'll realize that we have repeaters for a reason  ;D

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 14, 2008, 12:27:32 PM
HA! I was wondering what the heck was going on.  I figured it was one of our guys trying to reach across the state on simplex.  One of these days they'll realize that we have repeaters for a reason  ;D

You have HF repeaters?

♠SARKID♠

When are the national nets?

jwwinney

As part of the HF committee I am currently obtaining updated information on each wing's HF net schedule.  There are many changes.  I have given the wings until 1 November to provide their updated information to me.  I will then be  organizing this information and will send out a draft copy to all the wing DCs to insure all information is correct. You will notice that in CAP the nets are in Zulu however, the reality is that each wing follows their local time be it standard or daylight.  Using Zulu or GMT, ITC does create confusion on the evening net schedules.  I will be showing the Zulu time based on local standard time and let everyone figure out the Daylight savings time schedule. 

I hope to have this project completed and into National Headquarters hands for distribution by the end of November and hopefully it will be on the NTC web page soon after.

HOWEVER:  Check into the Nebraska net on CA or CC local time of 1930 hours central time.  They start at CA to open the net and then about five minutes later they will go to AA and then CC at 1940. Listen for a Red Cloud station.  They have many out of state stations checking in at night. As winter comes they will be using AA more than CC.

Jim Winney, Lt Col., CAP
DCA North Central Region