Main Menu

NCSA Acceptances 2015

Started by conca27, March 13, 2015, 05:29:06 PM

conca27

Hi everyone! I just found out this morning that I got accepted to the Civil Engineering Familiarization Course. Please post what NCSAs you have been accepted to this year in this thread.
New York Wing Encampment 2013 - Echo Inflight
New York Wing Encampment 2014 - Foxtrot Flight Sergeant
Air Force Civil Engineering Academy 2015 - Graduate
Rochester Composite Squadron - Alpha Flight Commander; Operations Officer
Billy Mitchell Award #66326

Plane

C/2d Lt Matt Claar
Mitchell Award #65121

PHall

Quote from: Plane on March 24, 2015, 12:52:58 AM
Sadface  :(

You stand a pretty good chance of going to Blue Beret. They'seem to always use people on the alternate list, every year.

Plane

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this.  Any idea how many alternate slots are typically filled?
C/2d Lt Matt Claar
Mitchell Award #65121

jeders

Quote from: Plane on March 24, 2015, 04:52:42 PM
Hmm, I wasn't aware of this.  Any idea how many alternate slots are typically filled?

Don't have any hard numbers, but a significant portion; both for cadets and for senior staff. That said, you've applied to 8 different activities, so odds are pretty good that you'll get selected for one of them.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CadetSnuffy

I know a cadet who was accepted for blue beret 3 hours before his plane left for Oshkosh.
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.

PHall

Blue Beret uses a lot of their "alternates" because they are performing a "real world" mission and need a set number of bodies to do their job.

MSG Mac

NESA is always looking for students, and will accept late applications.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Fubar

Quote from: PHall on March 25, 2015, 01:46:42 AM
Blue Beret uses a lot of their "alternates" because they are performing a "real world" mission and need a set number of bodies to do their job.

One does wonder why they are begging for the alternates to attend all the way up to a couple of hours before the activity begins. I'm guessing cadets (or their parents) underestimate the expense of getting out there.

Salty

I also suspect it has something to do with slotting in March for an activity in July.  That leaves a lot of time for real world stuff to show up and ruin your plans.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

MSG Mac

All selectees have one month to fulfill the requirements paperwork, Payment, etc. If they don't the alternates are asked if they're still interested and they have a month to finish their requirements and then a second cull occurs.  Many things happen before the events which would preclude someone from attending. As Salty says " Life Happens"
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

Plus some times people are selected as primaries for more then one NCSAs.   So they may have to choose which they are going to.    Allowing alternates to go in their place in the others. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

C. Fuentes-Padilla

National Emergency Services Academy

Basic Ground Search and Rescue (GSAR)
Incident Command System School (ICSS) - BASIC
SM Christopher R. Fuentes-Padilla, CAP
Assistant Personnel Officer
Assistant Information Technologies Officer
Academy Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-147)

Luis R. Ramos

You may get an inkling of what is awaiting fer ya in next month's USAF evaluation after the Memorial Weekend.

Did ya like the O-Flight Sunday?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Pulsar

C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Nryer

C/CMSgt Nathan Ryer
First Sergeant
NER-ME-058

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Pulsar

Quote from: Nryer on April 23, 2015, 02:53:04 PM
;)

:)
That bottom one is a given; no cadets I talk to ever seem to know what that is.
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.