Main Menu

Hunter Orange MOLLE Vest

Started by Samex, January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

PHall

The vest I wear for AT&T is both Yellow and Orange. I guess they're not taking sides!

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on March 19, 2015, 03:57:39 AM
The vest I wear for AT&T is both Yellow and Orange. I guess they're not taking sides!

There's safe, and there's AT&T safe.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 20, 2015, 09:27:34 PM

So that's why they charge so much for their cell phone plans. >:D

PHall

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 21, 2015, 01:16:09 PM

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 20, 2015, 09:27:34 PM

So that's why they charge so much for their cell phone plans. >:D

No, they charge that much because you are willing to pay it! >:D >:D

TexasBEAST

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on March 18, 2015, 10:58:59 PM
Or...option two - the guide is olde, and when the others were revised no one bothered/thought/wanted to deal with it.
Ain't that the truth?

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 19, 2015, 02:00:18 AM
I prefer orange too, but will not turn any ground team member away for wearing an ANSI II lime green vest.
I'm not back in CAP yet, so this is kinda moot. But I'm right there on the line, on this.

FWIW, the NESA packing lists never got updated to include lime, either. They still say reflective orange. And yet, their picture gallery shows lime all over the place.

And they still issue everybody black ball caps too, even though the task guide says GT headgear is supposed to be either the BDU hat or a brightly colored baseball cap, so I guess their uniform standards don't really help too much...

QuoteI think lime green works great for urban environments, but orange is better for wilderness ones. Personally, I have an easier time seeing someone wearing orange in the woods from a great distance than I do lime green.
Blaze orange became known as the international safety color because the US Army and the US Department of the Interior conducted visibility tests back in the '40s for various colors, and bright orange was found to work the best against the widest variety of background colors.

I am not sure whether or not they had access to fluorescent lime back then, or whether it was tested.

But I do know that in bright, high-glare lighting conditions, lime green can blend right in with the highlights on green vegetation in wilderness environments.

Quote from: PHall on March 19, 2015, 01:05:43 AM
Some of you folks have not "met" TexasBEAST yet. He is the Patron Saint of Blaze Orange!!! :clap:
I just heard a Gregorian chant start going off in the back of my mind!

The Gospel according to BEAST. Bound in orange-dyed leather. I'd like that!

That's probably the best bet. Orange vest with lime reflective stripes. Best of both worlds!
--TB

Samex

Hello everyone,  it's been a while since I posted and we have been busy.  We have quite a few new products that are now available on our website www.dutyapparel.com.  Here is a picture of one of our new hi vis packs. It's constructed of our 600D hi vis yellow Cordura fabric.

Tons of room to load a 24 hour pack with MOLLE webbing to accept our pouches.

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apparel

CRBatchelor

The current version of this vest DOES NOT have the ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2 label.

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: CRBatchelor on September 07, 2015, 01:58:04 PM
The current version of this vest DOES NOT have the ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2 label.

You sure about that?

Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Storm Chaser

Maybe his vest (assuming he actually bought one) didn't have the label. Either way, the important thing is that this vest is compliant with ANSI Class 2, regardless of labels.

Eaker Guy

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on September 08, 2015, 03:37:01 PM
Quote from: CRBatchelor on September 07, 2015, 01:58:04 PM

You sure about that?

Nice catch.

CRBatchelor

Rechecked the vest, the label on the vest sent me was cut off right above the cert line. Without the label, I may not be able to use it even if it's certified as it's not marked as such, got to love regs. Will need to know how to get it exchanged or something. Didn't know about the discount either.

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: CRBatchelor on September 10, 2015, 07:31:18 AM
Rechecked the vest, the label on the vest sent me was cut off right above the cert line. Without the label, I may not be able to use it even if it's certified as it's not marked as such, got to love regs. Will need to know how to get it exchanged or something. Didn't know about the discount either.

Or you could ask them to send you a replacement tag.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Storm Chaser

Quote from: CRBatchelor on September 10, 2015, 07:31:18 AM
Rechecked the vest, the label on the vest sent me was cut off right above the cert line. Without the label, I may not be able to use it even if it's certified as it's not marked as such, got to love regs.

CAPR 62-1 states the safety vests must be ANSI Class 2 compliant, which these are, not that they must have a tag or label indicating it. You should be able to use yours regardless of the tag.

Capt Thompson

Correct, if anyone gives you an issue at a SAREX (not that they should) google ANSI Class II on your phone and show them the spec. I have this vest and it is definitely Class II regardless if the tag was cut off.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

SARDOC

The ANSI Standard actually states that for a product to Meet ANSI Standards that it must be permanently marked or Identified as such including the Class and the Standard version used to determine compliance. 

Sometimes Manufacters will create a product using a tag that indicates the ANSI Standard has been met provisionally but they will either remove the tag or obliterate the marking if there was an error that meant the item was defective or through technical specifications didn't pass inspection.  They'll remove the ANSI marking and throw it on the shelf for sale, because they still want to make some money or at least limit their loss.  They just can't advertise it as a ANSI approved product and they are usually Discounted and all sales final type of thing.

C/SrA Ravlin

Mr. Samex,
Is there anyway to put "Civil Air Patrol Boise RMR-073" on the back of the vest? Preferably in black lettering with the Boise RMR-073 in a little smaller letters under the Civil Air Patrol?
That would be fantastic!
Sincerely,
Cadet Ravlin
Cadet SrA Ravlin
Cadet Communications NCO
Boise RMR-ID-073
"Semper Vigilans"
www.gocivilairpatrol.com
www.boisecap.org

SarDragon

Willing to pay more? That doesn't look like a freebie kind of addition/option.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: C/ARMN Ravlin on November 22, 2015, 09:24:51 PM
Mr. Samex,
Is there anyway to put "Civil Air Patrol Boise RMR-073" on the back of the vest? Preferably in black lettering with the Boise RMR-073 in a little smaller letters under the Civil Air Patrol?
That would be fantastic!
Sincerely,
Cadet Ravlin

;D
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

almostspaatz

C/Maj Steve Garrett

Гугл переводчик

Quote from: C/ARMN Ravlin on November 22, 2015, 09:24:51 PM
Mr. Samex,
That would be fantastic!
Sincerely,
Cadet Ravlin

You could have always asked one of us ES guys at the meeting about things like this.

Side note, I love the sharpie idea!
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF