official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Flying Pig

Quote from: CAP307 on August 08, 2010, 01:07:56 AM
New here just saying hello =D

Golly Travis.....Some things just arent what they appear to be are they?  Where'd your elaborate signature jpeg go?

BrandonKea

Uh, hey everyone, I'm here...again. Took about a year off transitioning to a new job, but I'm becoming active again, and happy to be back. Anything good in the last year?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

RickFranz

Quote from: BrandonKea on September 02, 2010, 01:36:08 AM
Uh, hey everyone, I'm here...again. Took about a year off transitioning to a new job, but I'm becoming active again, and happy to be back. Anything good in the last year?
Anything good???  Well I guess you could a lot has happen now if it's good...  I guess that's why we have CAPTalk.

Anyway, welcome back!
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Keydet2010

Hello y'all,

I'm currently a senior member 2LT for the 111th Cadet SAR Squadron in Charlotte, NC and am a recent returnee to Civil Air Patrol. I joined as a cadet in 2001 in CAWG, earned my Mitchell in 2006, and then I let my member ship lapse when I went off to college in Virginia. I'm currently one of the Cadet Programs Officers for my squadron and am working on getting ES and ground team qualified.

My likes are long, romantic ruck marches and MRE dinners by firelight and puppies.

My dislikes include poison ivy and blisters.

RickFranz

Howdy Keydet2010

I started my Cadet life in California as well way back in 1968. 

Welcome to CAPTalk and look forward to being in the group!
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Keydet2010

Rick, thank you for the warm welcome. I've already learned quite a bit about what's changed in the last four years while I was away. I do have one question: what's the deal with the triangle thingy?

RickFranz

The triangle thingy came in about a year or two ago.  Some one at National has been pushing the idea as a new branding effort.  It has met with resistance by some on this board.  The only place I have see it is from anything that come out of NHQ.  Oh yeah and you can buy it from Vanguard as a lapel device for a civilian jacket if you wish.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

caphornbuckle

I've been on here in the past but I have returned after a few years away.  With the exception of a few heated discussions on here, it was always a great experience to hear from members throughout the world give their input and insights on the CAP program.  I look forward to reading and learning more once again!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Lawson

Hello to all!

I just rejoined CAP last year. I was a cadet in 2001-2003 and have rejoined as a senior member with the same squadron. I hope to receive and share a lot of information here.

Flying Pig

Ed Bos

Hello,

Long time lurker, recent poster. Thanks for being a great resource, folks.

EDWARD A. BOS, Maj, CAP
AKWG/CS
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

meganite

Howdy!

I'm a new senior member as of August, Houston SABRE Squadron.
Working on my master's degree at Texas A&M, just finishing up my thesis work. Whoop!

Semper vigilans! :D

FlyTiger77

Quote from: meganite on October 26, 2010, 07:04:30 AM
Howdy!

I'm a new senior member as of August, Houston SABRE Squadron.
Working on my master's degree at Texas A&M, just finishing up my thesis work. Whoop!

Semper vigilans! :D

Welcome, Megan.

I used to like to fly down to College Station when I was exiled to Fortress Hood.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

tmurphy

Greetings everyone,

I'm a new addition to CAP. I joined back in October as a Senior Member. I am a 2LT because of my appointment to HSO and my EMT license. I really wish I'd have known about CAP when I was younger.

I am glad to have found such a wealth of knowledge online about CAP as well as a place to ask for help (as many of you know there's no standard for HSO yet).

I look forward to being a good addition to the forum!
TIFFANY J. MURPHY, 2d Lt, CAP
Health Services Officer
Livonia Thunderbolt Composite Squadron
GLR-MI-183

meganite

Welcome Tiffany! :D (I wish I'd known about CAP when I was younger too! But you're here now, and that's what counts, right? ;) )

Flying Pig

Texas....there are lots a' helicopters in Texas!

Brady Cutler

Hey guys! I just saw this Forum a few days ago.
I joined the Wentzville, MO Squad back in September. I'm now a Cadet Airman 1st Class. Been enjoyng my time with CAP and look forward to future service.  :)

-Cadet Brady S. Cutler :o

Sgt.Pain

Quote from: MIKE on June 28, 2005, 02:12:20 AM
Quote from: Cheergirl on June 28, 2005, 12:53:08 AM
Quote from: jacklumanog on June 14, 2005, 07:00:53 PM
Quote from: whatevah on March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM
okie, here's a thread for people just signing up and want to make their presence known. :)
Just signed up this afternoon.  I'm pretty new to CAP (just joined in March) and was just appointed to the Chaplain Service and given the grade of Captain.  Hello to all!
you became captain that fast...

It is because of professional appointment promotions... Certain people who have special qualifications can receive promotions in recognition of these qualifications.
Are you a senior member or something?
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

tsrup

Quote from: Sgt.Pain on November 17, 2010, 06:13:45 PM
okie, here's a thread for people just signing up and want to make their presence known. :)
Just signed up this afternoon.  I'm pretty new to CAP (just joined in March) and was just appointed to the Chaplain Service and given the grade of Captain.  Hello to all!

It is because of professional appointment promotions... Certain people who have special qualifications can receive promotions in recognition of these qualifications.

did you notice the dates on these posts?..
Paramedic
hang-around.

HGjunkie

Quote from: tsrup on November 17, 2010, 08:04:03 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Pain on November 17, 2010, 06:13:45 PM

did you notice the dates on these posts?..
Oh boy, here we go.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF