Main Menu

BDU with New Tapes

Started by Damron, June 17, 2016, 06:39:22 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 01, 2016, 01:18:42 AM
>:D

After these last three or four posts, I wonder if this is what they meant when we were told we were part of the total force?

Probably this is what they meant...

Surprise! If you're not in ABUs by 2021, your membership automatically transfers to USCG Aux!  >:D

spree610

105862 June 15 finally shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N6RVT

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on July 01, 2016, 01:19:48 AM

After these last three or four posts, I wonder if this is what they meant when we were told we were part of the total force?

Surprise! If you're not in ABUs by 2021, your membership automatically transfers to USCG Aux!  >:D
I'm also starting to think everybody is a captain with GTM 2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

N6RVT

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on July 01, 2016, 01:19:48 AM

You actually look better than Coast Guard ODUs.  The fact they don't have lower pockets makes it look like everybody just didn't finish dressing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RNOfficer

Quote from: Damron on June 21, 2016, 05:17:23 AM
I'd rather work than sew.  My time is scarce, so I'm money ahead by paying somebody else to do my sewing.   In my case, that somebody else is a very skilled seamstress.   If you have more time than money or available work, get sewing.    My seamstress sewed 16 items on two shirts and two hats and charged me $23.

That's a very good price. The cheapest I could find was $2 per patch.

Hawk200

Now, I probably missed it somewhere, but does anyone have a link to the reference that allows these new tapes on BDUs?

Been out a while, but still have BDUs in good condition (and some that have never had anything sewn on them), and would be happy to sew on the new tapes. They certainly look better than ultramarine.

Thanks in advance.

Papabird

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 26, 2016, 07:23:53 PM
Now, I probably missed it somewhere, but does anyone have a link to the reference that allows these new tapes on BDUs?

Been out a while, but still have BDUs in good condition (and some that have never had anything sewn on them), and would be happy to sew on the new tapes. They certainly look better than ultramarine.

Thanks in advance.

Took some work to find it, but here it is:  http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_06DC64FB17483.pdf

Enjoy!
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

GaryVC

Have we got to the point where someone can make a strong recommendation for AF occupational and aviation badges in the new style? Vanguard doesn't make them.

NIN

Quote from: GaryVC on July 26, 2016, 11:02:22 PM
Have we got to the point where someone can make a strong recommendation for AF occupational and aviation badges in the new style? Vanguard doesn't make them.

You are correct, Vanguard doesn't make them. They didn't make them in Ultramarine either.  They likely won't make them because the volume is so low.

You have to find a supplier who is willing to make them in the appropriate colors.

AF badges are available from Williams & Williams in Lakeland, FL (nametags4u.com) and Army badges are available from Spur Nametags (1800nametape.com).

Keep in mind: Williams & Williams "Dark Blue" is lighter than the nametapes. Spur's "Midnight Blue" is darker than the nametapes.

So.. the search continues.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

Quote from: NIN on July 26, 2016, 11:39:44 PM
Keep in mind: Williams & Williams "Dark Blue" is lighter than the nametapes. Spur's "Midnight Blue" is darker than the nametapes.

So.. the search continues.

That's the joke.

Hawk200

Quote from: Papabird on July 26, 2016, 07:32:43 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on July 26, 2016, 07:23:53 PM

Thanks in advance.

Took some work to find it, but here it is:  http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_06DC64FB17483.pdf

Enjoy!
Thank you for the link.

Took some work for me to find it. Was reading the later pages in the doc, finally just did a search, found it in the first page. (Although, it's obvious that something wasn't fully proofed prior to publication. It gives the impression that BDUs are authorized after a certain date with navy nametapes, not that they're phased out.)

Papabird

Quote from: Hawk200 on July 27, 2016, 02:56:27 PM
Thank you for the link.

Took some work for me to find it. Was reading the later pages in the doc, finally just did a search, found it in the first page. (Although, it's obvious that something wasn't fully proofed prior to publication. It gives the impression that BDUs are authorized after a certain date with navy nametapes, not that they're phased out.)

I understand and agree with the lack of proofing.  However, I understand this instruction as on 15 June 16 the CFU & BDU uniforms can start using the dark blue tapes, and by the end of the BDU's life (2021) all CFU uniforms must be using the dark blue insignia.   Also, you don't have to change until then, but everything needs to match.

Here is the statement from the cover letter (sigh)

The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) may continue to be worn until the mandatory phase out date of 15 June 2021.
CAP will also begin to transition to dark blue tapes on the Corporate field uniform and BDUs
with a mandatory wear date of 15 June 2021. Members are not required to change the tapes
on existing uniforms until the mandatory wear date; however, all devices on the uniform must
match.

I know it could have been more clear, but it is there (IMHO).  Hopefully, the new, new new CAPM 39-1 will be more clear.
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

GaryVC

I emailed Williams & Williams in Lakeland, FL (nametags4u.com) and they said they are trying to get a sample of the new material so they can make a better color match for USAF occupational and aviation badges. They have been unable to get any so far. They said there was a two month wait (presumably from Vanguard). I wonder if there is someone who already has rank insignia or CAP aviation badges they could lend them. The name tapes and CIVIL AIR PATROL tapes are probably on a different material so they wouldn't be the best choice.

NIN

I actually have a set of lieutenant colonel on dark navy blue for the Dark Blue flight suit. Because they are not silver on dark navy blue they are not usable for the new uniform. But they are the same color as the current fabric.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

grunt82abn

Quote from: GaryVC on July 27, 2016, 08:30:34 PM
I emailed Williams & Williams in Lakeland, FL (nametags4u.com) and they said they are trying to get a sample of the new material so they can make a better color match for USAF occupational and aviation badges. They have been unable to get any so far. They said there was a two month wait (presumably from Vanguard). I wonder if there is someone who already has rank insignia or CAP aviation badges they could lend them. The name tapes and CIVIL AIR PATROL tapes are probably on a different material so they wouldn't be the best choice.

Vanguard sent me all my new stuff within a week, to include a new EMS badge. Vanguard must not be playing nicely.
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Hawk200

Quote from: Papabird on July 27, 2016, 04:34:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on July 27, 2016, 02:56:27 PM
Thank you for the link.

I understand and agree with the lack of proofing.  However, I understand this instruction as on 15 June 16 the CFU & BDU uniforms can start using the dark blue tapes, and by the end of the BDU's life (2021) all CFU uniforms must be using the dark blue insignia.   Also, you don't have to change until then, but everything needs to match.

Here is the statement from the cover letter (sigh)

The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) may continue to be worn until the mandatory phase out date of 15 June 2021.
CAP will also begin to transition to dark blue tapes on the Corporate field uniform and BDUs
with a mandatory wear date of 15 June 2021. Members are not required to change the tapes
on existing uniforms until the mandatory wear date; however, all devices on the uniform must
match.

I know it could have been more clear, but it is there (IMHO).  Hopefully, the new, new new CAPM 39-1 will be more clear.
I get the idea, but the way it was written can lead some people to take it literally. But, it will all come out in the wash.

Hawk200

Anyway, I like the new tapes with the BDU. I'm not going to mind sewing them on, I think they look better.

Of course, I'll be coming back in after being out for almost four years. Uniforms are going to be the least trouble overall.

JC004

They also look MUCH better on the black fleece for corporate combinations.

VS.

upload gif from url

DakRadz

I need to try a different fleece style. I love fleece, but the only military cut I've tried didn't fit me or sit me well, and I'm average build. But that does look good!

1st Lt Raduenz

Abby.L

Late to the party. But I just got mine back and could not be happier. This is how BDUs should have started... [emoji41]
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013