BDU with New Tapes

Started by Damron, June 17, 2016, 06:39:22 PM

wacapgh

Quote from: LTC Don on June 30, 2016, 02:01:09 PM
I received a large part of my order yesterday, and had previously received this email from Vanguard, even though I specified that the whole order be shipped when complete:

QuoteDear customer,
Thank you for your online order.  The item listed below is currently on backorder.

ITEM: CAP6010 CAP SENIOR LT COLONEL EMB ON AF BLUE
ITEM: CAP6305 CAP GORTEX JACKET TAB OFFICER LTCOL EMB ON AF BLUE
We are expecting them to arrive mid July. 
We will keep this item on order for you, but please let us know if you would prefer to cancel.
Thank you for your purchase and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

VANGUARD INDUSTRIES
Internet Department
WWW.VANGUARDMIL.COM

Like Ozzy, I'm wondering about the 'AF BLUE' statement.  I wonder if this navy/midnight/dark/whatever blue color they are using is AF Shade 1620.

Also, the embroidered command insignia, like the ones in ultramarine, are absolute crap whereas the embroidered Master Ground Team insignia look great.   ::)

Same items I'm not getting delivered today  >:(

DakRadz

Quote from: Ozzy on June 30, 2016, 01:47:22 PM

Quote from: supertigerCH on June 20, 2016, 11:18:15 PM

yes, there does appear to be a slight difference in the shade of the dark blue (it being darker on the stripes)...

however, in terms of all the colors that we could be wearing, this is an amazingly good choice.  I don't know about anyone else for sure... but I reckon most everyone will agree.

if all we have to worry about is a very sight shade of difference in the dark blue (that most people wont even notice except when in bright sunlight)...  then I am more than okay with it.

So I received my Vanguard order. The tapes are lighter then the stripes, but again, not noticeable unless they right next to each other. The light silver is darker then expected. The name tags are slightly different, CAP tapes seem to be normal font while the name tapes seem to be bold. Finally, the color Vanguard calls these are...

Per Vanguard: The proper color name is AF blue, but they (NHQ) want it to say dark blue, and we (Vanguard) don't want to confuse USAF personnel.

During my recent phone conversation with the person who is personally adding our new insignia to the website. They also only have one photographer, by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Майор Хаткевич

STUFF LOOKS FREAKING GREAT!

That said, they shorted me one set of Major Insignia...gonna leave one Major at the unit sad. :/

But maybe one of you fine folks got an extra Major, and were shorted a Ground Team Badge and some Pilot wings? This came in extra:

Майор Хаткевич

winterg

I know everyone is more interested to see what they look like on the BBDU instead of the ABU. Even if you won't admit it!

Garibaldi

Maybe I'll just get some dark blue fabric paint or a dark blue Sharpie and color my current insignia. Looks like there's gonna be about eleventy different shades for the different badges and insignia anyway...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Pace

Quote from: winterg on June 30, 2016, 11:20:31 PM
I know everyone is more interested to see what they look like on the BBDU instead of the ABU. Even if you won't admit it!

Love it! Thanks, Guite!
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

I realize there's no logical answer here, but anyone who'd like to take a stab can explain to me how this is
"distinctive" enough to pass muster against the Coasties.

NOAA Corps even closer:

"That Others May Zoom"

winterg

It isn't.  That was my thought as well. 

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Pace

I say we tilt the grade insignia 45° and add "U.S." to the name tapes.  >:D
Lt Col, CAP

Garibaldi

I can only see very subtle differences. One, the Navy/CG Lt insignia is different from the AF/Army/USMC Captain in placement of the cross members. Second, the lettering is different, which makes no real difference to anyone but me since I am OCD about this stuff. Thirdly would be the placement of the Lt insignia on the CG uniform.

Like I said, only REALLY noticeable by me.

vento

Quote from: Eclipse on June 30, 2016, 11:47:18 PM
I realize there's no logical answer here, but anyone who'd like to take a stab can explain to me how this is

I thought we only need to be distinctive from the USAF uniforms, who cares about the coasties...  >:D :angel:

Garibaldi

Quote from: vento on July 01, 2016, 12:02:11 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 30, 2016, 11:47:18 PM

I thought we only need to be distinctive from the USAF uniforms, who cares about the coasties...  >:D :angel:

Good point.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Now - pop quiz...

Q: How do you know, in low light, these are >not< CAP people?

A: They are all dressed the same.

"That Others May Zoom"

winterg

Quote from: Eclipse on July 01, 2016, 12:27:34 AM
Now - pop quiz...
Q: How do you know, in low light, these are >not< CAP people?

A: They are all dressed the same.

Because they all look like they could pass a PT test? 3:)

sardak

I was a conference last month where one of the presenters was a NOAA Corps LTJG wearing the blue working uniform. I was sitting some distance away, on the opposite of the room, and until he was introduced, I thought he was from CAP. Here's the NOAA Corps device:

Mike

Okayish Aviator

Well [mess]. I'm gonna get some BBDU's too now....
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Майор Хаткевич

NOOOOOOOOO! I was going to post on Saturday.
:(

Luis R. Ramos

>:D

After these last three or four posts, I wonder if this is what they meant when we were told we were part of the total force?

Probably this is what they meant...

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer