Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

CadetProgramGuy

In the spirit of nit picking uniform pics.....

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on March 16, 2008, 10:35:33 PM

Ok so it was a test run for my Photo ID but its still the newest I have.

Patch pucker near the mini wings.....BTW, you can still wear the large, (now my opinion) and as a pilot, I would.

The name plate backing is off keel as well.

Like I said sorry to nit pick the uniform....

DNall

You do understand the mini wings are also called shirt wings right... you CAN wear the large wings on the shirt, but it looks silly. If you had a 3.8 on an engineering/math/science degree &/or graduated the academy (which is pretty much an engineering degree regardless of major), and got selected over 95% of your classmates, and graduated a three year highly intensive training process, then I might cut you some slack for being so proud of it. You CAN wear large wings on the shirt in the AF too, but people don't. It's just a little bit pretentious. You can do what you want, but I'm asking nicely.

jb512

Yeah, stick with the minis on the shirt please...... everybody......

The AF wears the minis on the shirt, the regulation on the jacket.  They may point and laugh.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: DNall on March 17, 2008, 09:12:40 AM
You do understand the mini wings are also called shirt wings right... you CAN wear the large wings on the shirt, but it looks silly. If you had a 3.8 on an engineering/math/science degree &/or graduated the academy (which is pretty much an engineering degree regardless of major), and got selected over 95% of your classmates, and graduated a three year highly intensive training process, then I might cut you some slack for being so proud of it. You CAN wear large wings on the shirt in the AF too, but people don't. It's just a little bit pretentious. You can do what you want, but I'm asking nicely.

Ummm not sure what you just said, but I'll still wear the large wings.

Also I just got "transferred" to the Ghost squadron, so I guess it really don't mean crap.....

Flying Pig

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on March 17, 2008, 10:13:15 AM
Quote from: DNall on March 17, 2008, 09:12:40 AM

Ummm not sure what you just said, but I'll still wear the large wings.

Also I just got "transferred" to the Ghost squadron, so I guess it really don't mean crap.....

I think what he meant is that if you were an Air Force Academy grad/jet pilot, you might  be able to get away with it.  I think the large wings are a little obnoxious.  Especially if you have Command Pilot wings.  They look huge!

jimmydeanno

Here we are 1,225 posts later and here is the first picture of me.  The cute girl next to me is my adoring wife  :-* (You might recognize her from the new SLS slides) The picture was taken last year just before a KC-135 flight with the NHANG.

EDIT: SLS Slides
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eagle400

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on March 17, 2008, 06:11:19 AM
the bad thing is I know and respect that man very much he is a Lt Col with Coastal Charleston now he was at Langley Sq when that was taken the SC patch was shopped

Oh, I'm not questioning the colonel's ability or anything like that...  I'm sure he is a fine officer.  This is directed more at the folks who put the picture of him without a t-shirt underneath in the manual and should have known better.

And they shouldn't photoshop anything.  Not only does it look tacky, it screams of "We put this manual together at the last minute!"  Not a good message to send, especially when thousands of people have waited years for a quality product.   

mikeylikey

Quote from: CCSE on March 17, 2008, 07:25:10 PM
Not a good message to send, especially when thousands of people have waited years for a quality product.   

We are still waiting .  By my math the other manual was what 1993, the next came out in 1997.  So '97 to '08 is 11 years, plus the original '93 to '97 is 4 years, 4 plus 11 is 15 years.  We have been waiting for a good reference for 15 years.  (Was it '93 or 1991??)

Either way 15 or 17 years depending on when the manual 2 manuals came out on was. 

Are we shooting for 20 years for a decent looking reg NHQ??
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 17, 2008, 03:08:24 PM
Here we are 1,225 posts later and here is the first picture of me.  The cute girl next to me is my adoring wife  :-* (You might recognize her from the new SLS slides) The picture was taken last year just before a KC-135 flight with the NHANG.

that SLS slide picture must be real old school. I spy F100s and the old F101 cards (the ones that aren't MIMS generated)

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

jimmydeanno

That picture is circa 2004.  She was going through peoples personnel records.  You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people keep... :)

On another note - seems I've avoided the "uniform discrepancy comments :)"  Always good to know I can put my clothes on right :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SJFedor

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 17, 2008, 08:18:10 PM
That picture is circa 2004.  She was going through peoples personnel records.  You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people keep... :)

On another note - seems I've avoided the "uniform discrepancy comments :)"  Always good to know I can put my clothes on right :)

That's cuz it's zoomed out too far. Can't tell if anything specific is wrong  :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Fifinella

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on March 16, 2008, 09:10:27 PM
There is an article about our squadron in the new edition of the CAP volunteer magazine....and there was a picture of me in there........ Just wanted to share it here as the title of the forum is: Show yourself.
Welcome to CAP Talk.  Sounds like you're doing some good things over in DE.  Kudos.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Hawk200

Quote from: DNall on March 15, 2008, 08:36:29 PM
And multi-cam, man that would be way better. Gonna piss off the AF though. They made their uniform dif than ours but same basic color pallet so it kind of blends, and now we're talking about going to another dissimilar pallet. 

Get your MultiCam now: http://www.1800nametape.com/multicam.htm

As for the Air Force, they wanted their own thing, now they've got it. As John Wayne said, "Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid". Once everything is said and done, the only thing that the AF will use that is common with the Army on their uniforms is the T-shirt. Nice savings there. That's what? About a six dollar item for a pack of three?

Once all the branches have their own uniforms, no two will have the same color footwear, and very few common items. Everyone wanted their own individual identity, but they did it at the expense of their service members.

pixelwonk

wrong thread for that, fellas.

Stonewall

It's hard to see you behind that big squadron patch.  Your wife looks the same as in that AF article from Langley.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

^Huge isn't it...the patch I mean.  It measures 4in across, but it is ALLLLL CAP.

The AF article?  Do you mean the "Airman Moonlights as CAP Officer Article?"

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Hill CAP

Off topic Jason I took SLS with you and your wife at Danville VA in 03 hope all is good is that Seacoast Patches again?
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

jimmydeanno

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on March 19, 2008, 06:14:26 AM
Off topic Jason I took SLS with you and your wife at Danville VA in 03 hope all is good is that Seacoast Patches again?

A memory like an elephant.  Did I ever tell you how far in the middle of nowhere Danville is?

Hill CAP

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 19, 2008, 12:07:21 PM
Quote from: TNCAP 20 on March 19, 2008, 06:14:26 AM

A memory like an elephant.  Did I ever tell you how far in the middle of nowhere Danville is?

LOL well considering I was assigned to group staff and thats where group was and for me that was a 6 hour drive yea its in BFE
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues