Add a section for COMMUNICATIONS

Started by Macpilot, December 22, 2008, 05:26:23 AM

Macpilot

Would you please add a section devoted to Communication?/

thanks

Eclipse

Doesn't that fall under ES and Operations? That's what CAP comms are for.

And "Tools of the Trade" for discussions of the gear itself, right?

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2008, 05:49:54 AM

+1
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Ricochet13

Quote from: wuzafuzz on January 17, 2009, 02:27:46 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2008, 05:49:54 AM

+1

-1 Add a section on Communications.  Many times folks have a hard time hunting for the few recent comm threads. 

For example, Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.  Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

But, It's your board.  :)

RiverAux

QuoteMany times folks have a hard time hunting for the few recent comm threads. 
Doesn't that sort of imply that there might not be enough interest in Communications-specific topics to justify having their own section? 

smj58501

As a comm-disinterested CAP member who tunes out comm discussions after I am familiarized with the on switch and PTT button, I think a board like this may actually help spark a level of interest and respect for Comms.

It is an area often taken for granted, and it should not be. Not everyone needs to be a wirehead-techie, but comms ties us together operationally and such a board may increase overall comm competence and understanding. That can do nothing but make us a better organization.

The worst that can happen is we take it down later due to inactivity. Worth a shot I think.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

IceNine

Quote from: smj58501 on April 20, 2009, 10:48:37 PM
As a comm-disinterested CAP member who tunes out comm discussions after I am familiarized with the on switch and PTT button, I think a board like this may actually help spark a level of interest and respect for Comms.

It is an area often taken for granted, and it should not be. Not everyone needs to be a wirehead-techie, but comms ties us together operationally and such a board may increase overall comm competence and understanding. That can do nothing but make us a better organization.

The worst that can happen is we take it down later due to inactivity. Worth a shot I think.

Post a few hundred more times, and generate enough traffic to justify such a board.

As it stands there isn't enough comm specific traffic.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

MIKE

Quote from: IceNine on April 20, 2009, 11:00:59 PMPost a few hundred more times, and generate enough traffic to justify such a board.

As it stands there isn't enough comm specific traffic.

I wouldn't suggest spamming a bunch of COMM topics in the hopes of getting a new board... might end up suspended or banned for your trouble.
Mike Johnston

ol'fido

Might be worth the trouble if we also add to the discussion of Comms all the CAP related computer gobblety-gook as well as traditional radio comms. eServices, Capwatch, MIMS, WMIRS, MMU, blah,blah,etc. I don't have the time or patience to sit down in front of a computer for several hours everyday to become an expert in this stuff. I don't use computers in my work and many is the day I jsut don't have the time to even turn the thing on. So something like this would help guys like me.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

whatevah

Sorry, same as in December when this thread was first started, there still isn't enough activity to justify a new board.  Until then, keep the tech stuff in Tools of the Trade.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin