Main Menu

50 Year Member

Started by MSG Mac, August 10, 2019, 01:31:50 PM

MSG Mac

I have a member who has completed 50 years of membership and received his 50 year card 2 years ago. I was under the impression he would receive a plaque or similar recognition from National HQ, but hasn't. Is there additional recognition beyond the card?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

SarDragon

There's supposed to be a certificate. I will be at the 50 year point next year, myself. I'll be investigating all that later this fall.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AdAstra

Five years ago, I was presented a national-supplied plaque and Fifty Year membership card at a wing awards ceremony. Follow-up and request the plaque.
Charles Wiest

OldGuy

Quote from: AdAstra on August 10, 2019, 07:32:11 PM
Five years ago, I was presented a national-supplied plaque and Fifty Year membership card at a wing awards ceremony. Follow-up and request the plaque.
Thank you for your answer and for your 55 years of service, I am in awe!

TeamBronx

A fifty year wooden plaque and member ID card should have been sent to the wing headquarters.  We received one in NY Wing just a few months ago. 

MSG Mac

Thank you all. I checked with Wing and they have it "sitting on a desk, waiting for an appropriate opportunity" I guess the National Conference wasn't appropriate enough.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member