167th Air National Guard - Martinsburg WV Wing

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, May 02, 2009, 12:50:02 AM

C/MSgt Lunsford

Hello All ---

I would like to get to know some new people here on CAP Talk. Especially any Martinsburg Squadron Members. So I would like to Introduce myself. My name is Spencer M. Lunsford. I am currently residing in Western Maryland and planning to participate in the Martinsburg CAP Unit. After that I would like to serve either in the Army or the  Air Force as a CO. Thank you guys for welcoming me into your community and hope to see you around the Forum.

Future CAP Cadet
S. Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

JohnKachenmeister

They have computers in West Virginia?  Who'd have thought that!   >:D
Another former CAP officer

C/MSgt Lunsford

;D I'm from Maryland, but I'm attending a WV Wing. (It's the Closest one to me)

Wright Brothers #13915

pixelwonk

As a FYI, It's Martinsburg Squadron.  West Virginia, (the state) is the wing level.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: tedda on May 02, 2009, 02:25:25 AM
As a FYI, It's Martinsburg Squadron.  West Virginia, (the state) is the wing level.

;D, My Bad. I will fix that. I'm new to it, so you got to cut me some slack.  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

Spike

Howdy.  Best advice.....get in now, send the application in soon and get your first promotion before July so you can attend West Virginia's Encampment.  The Commander and his staff run one of the best (if not best) Encampments.  Ask your future Squadron members about Encampment!

Good luck with CAP, and have fun. 

C/MSgt Lunsford

Is there anyway I can request an application the 1st Meeting instead of waiting for the 2nd Meeting? And thanks for the advise !!!!   ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

Spike

Quote from: Lunsford on May 02, 2009, 03:30:50 AM
Is there anyway I can request an application the 1st Meeting instead of waiting for the 2nd Meeting? And thanks for the advise !!!!   ;D

That is entirely up to your Squadron Commander.  The Squadron you are joining just had a Cadet reach the ultimate achievement in the Cadet Program.  He received the highest Cadet Award (the Spaatz Award) and got to meet President Obama, as well as a few Generals and Senators. 

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Spike on May 02, 2009, 03:35:38 AM

That is entirely up to your Squadron Commander.  The Squadron you are joining just had a Cadet reach the ultimate achievement in the Cadet Program.  He received the highest Cadet Award (the Spaatz Award) and got to meet President Obama, as well as a few Generals and Senators.

Well there is one hell of a goal to reach. I heard about that, and I was wondering if that was CAP, but I guess it is. Well I will ask Cpt. Voelker this Tuesday at 1900 hours. Over and Out.

Wright Brothers #13915

Cecil DP

Most units will ask you to attend a few meetings before submitting an application. This is to make sure that you know what you're getting into, before you make an investment of time and money. It also ensures that the squadron knows you and that there is some compatibilty between your goals and the squadron's.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Stonewall

I was a member of the 167th AW there in Martinsburg for a couple years.  Great ANG unit.

As a member of National Capital Wing (DC CAP) I knew and worked with a few M'burg CAP folks over the years.  In fact, I am close friends with a guy that later joined my Squadron after growing up there.  I have nothing but positive things to say about M'burg Squadron.

And yes, I've also heard great things about their encampments.

Good luck.
Serving since 1987.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 02, 2009, 01:05:44 PM

Most units will ask you to attend a few meetings before submitting an application. This is to make sure that you know what you're getting into, before you make an investment of time and money. It also ensures that the squadron knows you and that there is some compatibilty between your goals and the squadron's.

Ok. Understood.

Wright Brothers #13915