Main Menu

Any CAPRAPs here?

Started by Toad, September 10, 2008, 08:22:40 PM

Capt Rivera

<-- Wishes you could be a CAPRap and do that function anywhere besides but your home state (home state being the Wing your in)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DNall

I do believe CAP-USAF personnel are allowed to fly CAP aircraft (don't know about vans), but not on missions/training. I know that used to be the case that they'd check out a CAP plane to fly to CAP-USAF duties (including to maxwell).

Eclipse

Quote from: DNall on October 01, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
I do believe CAP-USAF personnel are allowed to fly CAP aircraft (don't know about vans), but not on missions/training. I know that used to be the case that they'd check out a CAP plane to fly to CAP-USAF duties (including to maxwell).

The same source tells me CAPRAPs may not fly CAP aircraft, and even to be passengers they must have special permission.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dustoff

Not entirely correct.  The active duty CAP-USAF personnel and SD's are authorized to fly CAP-USAF aircraft.  This is through an arrangement between CAP-USAF and CAP.  Newly assigned AD pilots MUST go through an AF-run aircraft orientation program.  CAPRAP personnel, the reserve side of the house can be passengers in CAP aircraft with PRIOR permission of the Liaison Region C/C or DO. A phone call or email usually suffices, remember though, this is in performance of their official duties.

CAPRAP personnel are only allowed to be patron members of CAP.  If somebody is wearing both hats, they are in violation of an AF Instruction (I almost wrote regulation - ha) though at the moment I can't find the reference.

Though CAPRAP'rs are assigned to a particular wing, they are a regional asset.  They can, with their supervisor's approval, perform their duties anywhere in their region.  And by working through their region commander, they can perform duties in other regions.

TSgt Jim Laning
CAP-USAF Det. 5 (NCLR)
Jim

Eclipse

CAP-USAF personnel and State Directors are by definition not CAPRAPS, which is what we are discussing here.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

But he was talking about CAPRAP's Bob, read it again.

Toad

Well, I'm officially in. My State Diriector met with me and gave me the required briefings today. I look forward to visiting the Illinois Squadrons, primarily in Group 3, but I'm allowed to visit any squadron in the state.
I hope to meet as many Illinois Wing members on this discussion board as possible. It's good to put faces with the names.

TSgt Todd Pendleton
Base Multimedia Manager
182d Airlift Wing, IL ANG