New Subordinate Unit Inspection (SUI) Guide

Started by Trung Si Ma, December 18, 2007, 12:55:47 PM

Trung Si Ma

There is a new SUI Guide effective 1 Jan 08.  Here is the link: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_050504074212.doc

Everyone should look at their portions of it since its been significantly changed and updated. 

Don
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

RogueLeader

Well, nuts.. I gotta update all my sui files now. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on December 18, 2007, 12:55:47 PM
There is a new SUI Guide effective 1 Jan 08.  Here is the link: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_050504074212.doc

Everyone should look at their portions of it since its been significantly changed and updated. 

Don

Thanks for the post
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

flyguy06

You know Ihave been in CAP since 1984 both as a cadet and currently as a Senior Member. The only times of lentgh I have been absent were 5 years of college, 3 years of Regular Army, 18 months of Iraqi deployment.

In my time in CAP, my unit has never had an inspection that I know of.

SarDragon

That's actually sad. Your chain of command has been negligent in their duties.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flyguy06

The Wing doesnt care about our little unit.  :(

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 19, 2007, 06:44:29 AM
The Wing doesnt care about our little unit.  :(

They should.  It will be a finding on the Wing CI.  There should have been a SAV every 2 years.

Trung Si Ma

National recently changed the SUI requirement to once every three years with the units doing an annual self examination in between and sending the self examination to the Wing IG.  I've recommended that we do SUI's once a year (group one year, wing IG the second) since we always learn something everytime we go through one.

In our squadron, we're trying to get the staff officers to do an internal compliance look every quarter using the SUI guide.  We maintain the results in individual section binders and thus - hopefully - we stay in compliance with the various directives and policies.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

RogueLeader

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on December 19, 2007, 12:55:51 PM
National recently changed the SUI requirement to once every three years with the units doing an annual self examination in between and sending the self examination to the Wing IG.  I've recommended that we do SUI's once a year (group one year, wing IG the second) since we always learn something every time we go through one.

In our squadron, we're trying to get the staff officers to do an internal compliance look every quarter using the SUI guide.  We maintain the results in individual section binders and thus - hopefully - we stay in compliance with the various directives and policies.

Which means I get to go over my stuff again. . . . fun fun.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Al Sayre

I just got done reviewing against the last one ARRRRGH >:(
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

flyguy06

Heck, I wish we had staff officers. There is only three of active in the unit.

RogueLeader

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 20, 2007, 02:13:09 AM
Heck, I wish we had staff officers. There is only three of active in the unit.

I'm Admin, Personnel, Pro Dev, Logistics, Supply and Ass. Test Control.  I go by "paper pusher"
WYWG DP

GRW 3340