Main Menu

The Bling Effect

Started by topsecret, October 05, 2007, 12:59:26 PM

James Shaw

Personally I only wear the Dress Uniform about 3 times a year. I usually wear the golf shirt combo because I have a beard most of the time. I have been advised by my CAP boss to wear the dress uniform when I go to a Conf or some type of Board Meeting. This has worked out great for me. When I was a Squadron Commander I wore the uniform for the first year with just the shirt and MO wings and Cadet Programs Badge. I then started wearing the Golf Shirt and grew the beard back the GENERAL (AKA my wife) much prefers the beard. I only wear ribbons on the service dress.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

ColonelJack

Quote from: Ricochet13 on October 07, 2007, 07:55:14 PMHumm . . . let's see . . . that would make me 75-80 years old.   I can do that! ;D  Eat right, exercise, sensible lifestyle.  OK, you have my "permission".  >:D

Did you ever see the bumper sticker that says:  "Exercise ... eat right ... don't drink ... don't smoke ... DIE ANYWAY!"?

That's what you just reminded me of.  Thanks!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Skyray

The spayed Ace:

The Blazer Combo is the only distinctive uniform for the Coast Guard Auxiliary, and they seem to be dealing with it just fine. 

Actually not.  It is not too bad in the frozen north, but summertime in Florida and it is brutal.  Frankly I would like to see the guyabara, except for some reason all the material in them is heavy and non porous.  A nice aviator combination would be superb.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

lordmonar

Quote from: Nick Critelli, Lt Col CAP on October 07, 2007, 07:43:59 PM
*1:  Thanks to the CapTalk owner, you have been afforded a forum by which to put forth your made comments and  argue your position in an attempt to persuade others to your point of view.

The time has come for you to properly identify yourself. 

Nick....I believe we are talking to the current incarnation of the one and only Smitty.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eagle400

Quote from: lordmonar on October 08, 2007, 02:09:44 AM
Quote from: Nick Critelli, Lt Col CAP on October 07, 2007, 07:43:59 PM
*1:  Thanks to the CapTalk owner, you have been afforded a forum by which to put forth your made comments and  argue your position in an attempt to persuade others to your point of view.

The time has come for you to properly identify yourself. 

Nick....I believe we are talking to the current incarnation of the one and only Smitty.

Yep, and that's as far as it will go.  There are a lot of 'Smittys' out there.   ;)

Nick Critelli

Eagle400

Major Carrales

Quote from: ♠1 on October 08, 2007, 02:35:22 AM

I think, my dear Mr. Smithson, that it is time for you to go.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

weird......as I was looking at the picture of the man beating the dead horse, I think I had a small seizure.   :o
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Quote from: Major Carrales on October 08, 2007, 03:10:17 AM
Quote from: ♠1 on October 08, 2007, 02:35:22 AM

I think, my dear Mr. Smithson, that it is time for you to go.

No sir, not Smithson. He's a different person. We're talking about one Mike Smith here!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret