CAP's top priority for 2011

Started by RiverAux, December 25, 2010, 02:21:29 PM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 05, 2011, 01:48:54 PM
E-services reminds me of the old video game "Doom."  I'm still discovering new doors.  Every time you get a new assignment you get to a new level and find... MORE DOORS!

Speaking of more doors, how long has the member reports restricted module been there? I just discovered it last night, either because they just rolled it out or they just granted ES Officers permissions by default.

Tim Medeiros

Member Reports has been around at least 2 or 3 years.

Edit: just checked, I submitted 2 recommendations for it back in March 2007, so around that time is when it came out.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

J.American

Rewriting CAPM 39-1.  Generally making it more standardized along with AFI 36-2903.
C/2d LT Ricketts
SER-AL-087

dbaran

I'd like to see significant focus on bringing in some new business on the ES or HLS side.   CAWG has gone from 400 missions/year to probably 40, and I'd guess 80% of them are in San Diego because one guy down there listens for ELTs.  Flying hours are pretty close to zero.   A huge chunk of business went away with the end of ELT chasing, yet nothing has replaced it.    The "continuing resolution" budget situation has frozen another activity (which shall remain nameless) that was about 40% of our flying, too, with no signs of a change.

I'd be curious if it is better (more active) in other wings at this point.  The only email traffic these days seems to be on new requirements to endure equal opportunity drivel or how to fill out a form 78 on line.

From the lack of activity, it makes me think that someone outsourced ES/HLS to India and we just haven't gotten the layoff notice yet.  Meanwhile, I have an increasing number of Thou Shalt Powerpoint mandates which are a complete waste of time. 

What we're going to get if we don't start doing something useful  is an organization filled with people who don't have anything better to do one night a week ("God's Waiting Room" was how one cadet programs guy described CAP's senior program), and everyone who actually likes to do something will go join a sheriff SAR team so they can actually help others.

bosshawk

David: your cadet had a pretty good impression of Senior Sq meetings in CAWG.  That is why I have quit attending and am now awaiting the expiration of my membership.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777