White aviator shirt, gray pants combo

Started by BradM, July 12, 2011, 05:17:38 PM

brenaud

Quote from: Slim on July 12, 2011, 08:03:43 PM
In both cases, our guidance from NHQ specifically classifies both the blazer combo and polo shirt as civilian clothing.  One could logically say that all uniforms but these are considered military style uniforms.
I tend to agree (and I like to think of myself as a logical thinker, although the software I work on sometimes demonstrates otherwise :)).  That said, when I went to NSC we received a customs & courtesies handout that drew the "line" as being between what I'll call "Air Force uniforms that CAP members wear" and "everything else".  For the record, this was after the revised CAPP151 came out.

One very nice thing about NSC is you get a morning to visit with NHQ staff.  I took advantage of this to get clarification on my interpretation of 151 vs. that handout (in particular with regard to the G/W combo).  (I'm not sure if the person was involved in the rewrite or not.)  I was told that "blazer combination" was meant to include the G/W.  Perhaps that was a misquote, perhaps it was what was intended when the publication was revised.  Yes, I know, pamphlet vs. regulation, what it says vs. what someone says, etc.  Just throwing out what I had heard.

Quote from: helper on July 14, 2011, 05:00:28 AM
IMO, it's simple, salute when wearing/seeing a uniform that has visible grade/rank insignia (regardless of hat).
A very big +1.  I'd expand that to say follow the same customs & courtesies (i.e. not just saluting...standing at attention vs. hand over heart when indoors) in all uniforms with easily seen rank (i.e. everything except the polo & blazer).  Even though we're often in many different uniforms, there are occasions when we're still recognizable as a group and I like the idea of the group being uniform in our actions.  Otherwise we have situations where people might be wondering why half of the people are doing one thing and half are doing the other.  It gets really fun when you add in white/blue.  Those in blue shirts are saluting, as are the ones in white shirts and blue pants.  But the ones in white shirts and gray pants aren't.  Why?  (That's a hypothetical why from the general public, not a why from me.)
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699