Re: Cadet Officer School Vacancies Posturing Thread

Started by Eagle400, May 10, 2008, 12:19:55 AM

Eagle400

When I attended COS in 2003, there were more applicants than ever before.   Curt La Fond said to all the students that because of the high volume of applicants, that year was the most competitive in COS history.

I am glad to hear that COS is expanding to allow for larger enrollment.  I hope the flights continue to have a small amount of students, however.  The smaller the student-to-teacher ratio, the better. 

Of course, higher enrollment means higher competitivity for the best speaker and best writer awards.  But hey, out of all the students at COS in 2003, I was the only one who received both.  Believe me: if I can do it, anyone can.  

SarDragon

Quote from: CCSE on May 10, 2008, 12:19:55 AMOf course, higher enrollment means higher competitivity for the best speaker and best writer awards.  But hey, out of all the students at COS in 2003, I was the only one who received both.  Believe me: if I can do it, anyone can.

YGBSM! Looks like you can't. Competitivity? That gags every spell checker I've put it through, and doesn't appear in any online dictionary I checked. And yet, I get 224,000 Yahoo! Search hits on that very word. What's the world coming to?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

^ Apparently the judges did not take off for grammatical mistakes   >:D
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2008, 02:38:14 AM
YGBSM! Looks like you can't. Competitivity? That gags every spell checker I've put it through, and doesn't appear in any online dictionary I checked. And yet, I get 224,000 Yahoo! Search hits on that very word. What's the world coming to?

You better be concerned.  If it's getting that kind of use, and it isn't a word (is it one of those never-used-but-still-in-Oxford-words?), it might become a word.  And now that YOU'VE used it again, you're contributing.  Way to go.   ;)

Eagle400

Quote from: CCSE on May 10, 2008, 12:19:55 AMOf course, higher enrollment means higher competitivity for the best speaker and best writer awards.  But hey, out of all the students at COS in 2003, I was the only one who received both.  Believe me: if I can do it, anyone can.

Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2008, 02:38:14 AMYGBSM! Looks like you can't. Competitivity? That gags every spell checker I've put it through, and doesn't appear in any online dictionary I checked. And yet, I get 224,000 Yahoo! Search hits on that very word. What's the world coming to?

I [mess] you not, and I certainly can (and have).  Here's the proof:

These certificates are available only from NHQ, so they are authentic.  Also, the signatures on the bottom are original.

Care to tell me again how bad I am at grammar, SarDragon? 

PHall

How do we even know they're even yours?

Based on the spelling and grammar of your posts, I don't think so.

Eagle400

Quote from: PHall on May 10, 2008, 05:32:02 PM
How do we even know they're even yours?

There is no way to obtain these certificates other than earning them through COS.  Do you honestly believe that I would make up my own certificates and forge the signatures of a CAP colonel and USAFR major?

Quote from: PHall on May 10, 2008, 05:32:02 PMBased on the spelling and grammar of your posts, I don't think so.

You can assume all you want, but the proof has already been posted.

And just so you know that I did, in fact graduate from COS, here is that certificate as well:

And just for kicks, here's my USAA National English Merit Award certificate:

Are you going to say that those aren't mine, too?

Eagle400

Quote from: ande.boyer on May 10, 2008, 05:53:49 PM

Yes, and it all started with this:

Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2008, 02:38:14 AMYGBSM! Looks like you can't. Competitivity? That gags every spell checker I've put it through, and doesn't appear in any online dictionary I checked. And yet, I get 224,000 Yahoo! Search hits on that very word. What's the world coming to?

PHall

We don't know if they're yours because we "officially" don't know who you are since you like to hide behind your screenname.

I actually know who you are, but, if you're going to showcase your accomplishments, you're going to have to reveal your identity sometime to prove they're real.

The alternative is to keep your "hidden name" and not be able to showcase your accomplishments.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Eagle400

Quote from: PHall on May 10, 2008, 06:50:51 PM
We don't know if they're yours because we "officially" don't know who you are since you like to hide behind your screenname.

I actually know who you are, but, if you're going to showcase your accomplishments, you're going to have to reveal your identity sometime to prove they're real.

The alternative is to keep your "hidden name" and not be able to showcase your accomplishments.

If you don't believe my accomplishments are real, then ask NHQ for the list of COS graduates in 2003.  Look for the one cadet who earned both the excellent writer and speaker awards, and you will find my name.  If that is too little information, then search for my name in the list of cadets assigned to Flight 4. 

If that is too much, then ask [name redacted] about the only cadet who earned both the excellent writer and speaker awards.  He will know exactly who you are talking about.  He was there when I was, and we even talked for a little bit.

My goal here is to prove that I am not lying about my accomplishments.       

PHall

Quote from: CCSE on May 10, 2008, 07:23:56 PM
Quote from: PHall on May 10, 2008, 06:50:51 PM

If you don't believe my accomplishments are real, then ask NHQ for the list of COS graduates in 2003.  Look for the one cadet who earned both the excellent writer and speaker awards, and you will find my name.  If that is too little information, then search for my name in the list of cadets assigned to Flight 4. 

If that is too much, then ask Major Michael Kathriner about the only cadet who earned both the excellent writer and speaker awards.  He will know exactly who you are talking about.  He was there when I was, and we even talked for a little bit.

My goal here is to prove that I am not lying about my accomplishments.       

Never said you were lying. You just heard what you wanted to hear. That poor little Mikey Smith is being picked on again.

Deal with it.

Pylon

Let's start this one over.  Shall we?  COS Vacancies is a worthwhile topic.  The measuring contest is not.

Split the side discussion from the professional topic.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

PHall

No need to Mike, it's done.
Sorry to have side tracked the thread.

Eagle400

I believe that COS is one of the best NCSAs in CAP.  And I don't say that because I became a distinguished graduate of COS; I say that because it is based on the USAF Squadron Officer School and has outstanding oversight provided by the Air Force.

The COS I graduated from was directed by one Air Force Reserve officer, and one CAP officer.  In addition, all the flights were led and instructed by one CAP officer and one Air Force Reserve officer.  For example, the flight I was part of was led by a USAFR Lt Col from North Carolina and a CAP Lt Col from Michigan Wing.

One interesting thing I have discovered is that NCSAs directed or supervised by Air Force personnel (AFSCFC, SUPTFC, PJOC, APJOC, AFWAFC, HGA, ATA, and COS) tend to be run better than those that are run only by CAP personnel.  I attended an NFA once, and was so disgusted by an unsafe action of one of the senior staff (who happened to be the Ground Operations Director) that I left and went back home.  If you want to know what that action was, please PM me.