eServices audit trail

Started by a2capt, March 04, 2014, 01:08:42 AM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: a2capt on March 19, 2014, 10:25:37 PM
Similarly, along the same lines- the SQTRs used to be labeled "UNIT/WING/REGION COMMANDER OR DATE
AUTHORIZED DESIGNEE'S SIGNATURE " where a signature is required.

Now they just say Unit Commander. Nothing about the designee, (IE, ES Officer et al).

Is this an intention to limit, or a reduction due to text space on the form?

People still sign the CC approval lines on the SQTR? I didn't even realize there was one any more.

Delegates still approve in ops qual and that's where it counts.

a2capt

You use that in the field to keep track of stuff, and then enter it back in so the evaluators can say "yup, that was me, and we did that". Further more, I like to have them with ink on them to create a full paper trail, I have them uploaded. That way if the people at the top of the pile have anything to ask about it.. the ink is right there.

While online it allows multiple people to sign them, the paper says only unit commander, and used to say "or designee". Like the change of the kind of barcode on the card, I wish they would -quit- changing stuff willy nilly.

They = ALL of them. Vendors, contractors, NHQ people. All of them. No passing blame, no passing buck. Just stop it.

a2capt

Along the same lines as this, it appears that some of an audit trail is able to be created by CAPWATCH data:

CAPID   TaskID   ID   Status   OriginallyAccomplished   Completed   Expiration   AuthByCAPID   AuthReason   
AuthDate   Source   RecID   FirstUsr   DateCreated   UsrID   DateMod   EvalCAPID   MissionID   CertID   CheckPilot   ORGID   AircraftType
666777   1037   0   NOT APPROVED   9/13/13   9/13/13   1/1/00   777888   Not needed at this time. / Ineligible   
9/26/13   MIMS   1234567   uniqueuser   9/26/13   lastuser   9/26/13   0            1306   '

However .. say Member X submits a request for a certain action that is denied, and then later approved, it appears that approvals replace the current record, as I can not find any occurrence of the same task ID more than once.

vento

Quote from: a2capt on April 01, 2014, 01:43:15 AM
Along the same lines as this, it appears that some of an audit trail is able to be created by CAPWATCH data:

CAPID   TaskID   ID   Status   OriginallyAccomplished   Completed   Expiration   AuthByCAPID   AuthReason   
AuthDate   Source   RecID   FirstUsr   DateCreated   UsrID   DateMod   EvalCAPID   MissionID   CertID   CheckPilot   ORGID   AircraftType
666777   1037   0   NOT APPROVED   9/13/13   9/13/13   1/1/00   777888   Not needed at this time. / Ineligible   
9/26/13   MIMS   1234567   uniqueuser   9/26/13   lastuser   9/26/13   0            1306   '

However .. say Member X submits a request for a certain action that is denied, and then later approved, it appears that approvals replace the current record, as I can not find any occurrence of the same task ID more than once.

So, there is really no audit trail whatsoever. Unless the member takes a screenshot or retains the e-mail, there is just no way to go back in history. There are times I wish I took a screenshot while I had the mouse over the task.

a2capt

Yes, and that's part of the thing, I keep all the emails for this reason, with cadet testing, promotions, etc. We require our staff to put CAPIDs in their calldown/request reports. It makes it drop dead stupid simple to track something and say "you didn't ask when you were supposed to" or "you did, and we screwed up, so we'll fix it." 

It seems to me that the SQTR entries used to retain the previous data, but now do not. Once it's "used" (becomes part of the basis for issuing a rating) it's empty again.