"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NCRblues on December 22, 2009, 07:28:05 PM
This is like banging my head against the brick wall. I hope the NB does not revisit this. This will make us look like wannabe cry babies. I am so frustrated.

Save your head and go pop a couple of Anacin. :P

First of all, we don't know what the endgame of this is going to be. 

The best intell we have right now is that NEC has decided to phase it out, with a sunset date of January 2010, and all we have in writing on that (so far) is what has been cited on this board, including General Courter's PowerPoint.

I don't know, and neither does anyone else, that the NB is going to resurrect the CSU in any way, shape or form.  They may decide that the NEC overstepped its authority and take the issue on themselves.  Or they may decide to let sleeping dogs lie.

In any case, it doesn't have to affect you directly.

If the CSU comes back, in whatever form, you don't have to buy it.

If it goes away, and you haven't bought anything, you're not out any money, and those who are, like me, have to suck it up and get on with it.

We are a volunteer force run along paramilitary lines.  Part of that means that we accept the authority of those over us, even when it sucks.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JK657

Can someone tell me what post# or page to look on to see the powerpoint on the CSU?

Thanks!!

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Slowly but surely we creep toward 1000 posts on this :D

Eclipse

Quote from: phirons on December 23, 2009, 05:10:43 PM
Slowly but surely we creep toward 1000 posts on this :D

Think we'll make it?

Rehash,

grumble,

restate point made on previous page because I can't be bothered to read the thread

grumble

rehash

bring up things that happened to me WIWAC that have nothing to do with this but that I am still harboring a grudge about

bring up things that happened to me WIWASM that have nothing to do with this but that I am still harboring a grudge about

bring up things that I heard happened to someone else even though I have no personal knowledge and they have nothing to do with this

Think of the CHILDREN!

There, I've done my part.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Eventually we will if we keep feeding the monster...  >:D :angel:

Майор Хаткевич

NHQ Uniform Committee                                                                                                                                       1,121                                                   "Corporate Uniform" Gone!!                                                                                                                                       864                                                   The Best of Squadron Patches                                                                                                                                       594                                                   official "I'm here!" thread.                                                                                                                                       582                                                   Show Yourself!                                                                                                                                       447                                                   CAP Aircraft Searching for Steve Fossett                                                                                                                                       432                                                   Changing Civil Air Patrol to U.S. Civil Air Patrol                                                                                                                                        346                                                   Winter Board 2008                                                                                                                                       335                                                   Show Us Your Rack!                                                                                                                                       311                                                   Design a new CAP-distinctive Uniform                                                                                                                                       3096/10 top topics on this forum are uniform based. :)

It would seem this is an issue that just keeps on giving...a reason to write.

Major Carrales

Seems odd that on this issue, when it was going one way, it was OK to break CAP protocol and procedures...however, when the National Board attempts to correct something the NEC did that was considered "out of line" suddenly it is not so kosher.

Let me point out that is happening here and why it is important to follow Constitutional type law...this concept extends beyond the realm of CAP into the world of politics.

In structures where there is a Constitution in place, such as our Federal government, it is important to understand that we are a Nation of Laws...not of people.  Thus, when emotions hear up and tempers fly, decisions must be made based on the rule of law.  That means, we throw out any and all of our emotionalism and adhere to what is written. 

In our Federal judiciary, we have judicial review that is supposed to align the workings of government to the Federal Constitution.  That is why, for example, if President Obama signs any climate treaty it will not become official until approved by the Senate.  This is what tripped up President Woodrow Wilson in getting the US into the League of Nations.  Despite anyone's opinions on the Climate issue or the League of Nations, the process has to follow.

The CSU was approved by the by the National Board despite its origins.  It became a CAP uniform, the USAF had plenty of opportunities to directly block its inception and adoption but failed to do so.  If the move to eliminate the CSU went beyond the authority of the  NEC to act in situations of Emergency Action, then its actions were wrong.

The National Executive Committee is a smaller body within the National Board. The NEC makes suggestions for the National Board to act upon. Then, the National Board makes recommendations for action to the Board of Governors, which makes decisions by voting.  At least that is my understanding.

What has happened in a good deal of this is that people are trying to circumnavigate the structures in place to get their agendas and wishes into CAP policy.

My recommendation for everyone is to adhere to the established policies in place.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

Rehash,

grumble,

grumble,

rehash

I can't do this along, people!

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2009, 06:50:59 PM
Rehash,

grumble,

grumble,

rehash

I can't do this along, people!

While growing "threads" like watching Chia-pets and sea-monkeys is good ole "send-in-your-money-from-a-comic-book-ad" fun, I agree with Eclipse.  All that has been said on this matter has been said (even my last post).  It may be time for the LOCK.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 23, 2009, 07:08:08 PM
While growing "threads" like watching Chia-pets and sea-monkeys is good ole "send-in-your-money-from-a-comic-book-ad" fun, I agree with Eclipse.  All that has been said on this matter has been said (even my last post).  It may be time for the LOCK.

Come on fellas!   We can make 1000!  And we have to do it before Mike gets back from his Christmas haircut!

Put your backs into it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2009, 07:10:52 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 23, 2009, 07:08:08 PM

Come on fellas!   We can make 1000!  And we have to do it before Mike gets back from his Christmas haircut!

Put your backs into it.

Well, in that case...and we risk a ban for doing such a thing...

TEXAS WING ROCKS!!!

Only 30 more to go to 900!!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454

NCRblues

Please don't get this thread locked. Just leave it alone for now, and if the issue is revisited (like many say it will) we can pick up where we left off.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Pumbaa

Zombie Thread.. it keeps coming back from the dead...

Strick

I hate to see the CSU go...............  Ihave been wearing it  2x a week... I am trying to figure out How to convert it .  I heard a rumor that the AF did not want us to wear it because Vanguard sold the remaing stock to the new  Iraqi Air Force.   :D :D :D
[darn]atio memoriae

Major Carrales

Quote from: NCRblues on December 23, 2009, 07:20:12 PM
Please don't get this thread locked. Just leave it alone for now, and if the issue is revisited (like many say it will) we can pick up where we left off.

No, to some people this thread (and issue) has become a HOBBY.  This one needs to die, when and if it is revisited it will do everyone good to start a new thread on the matter.  Especially since new people to the matter will be "expected" to read all 900 plus replies by some of the more "incredulous" sorts here.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Strick

[darn]atio memoriae

Nolan Teel

876!!!! Keep it going!  And yes TXWG rocks!!!

Strick

One thin I like aboutt the CSU coat was that it is mad of 100 percent poly.  I dislike the AF wool poly plend service coat.  I wonder if there is a special order AF SJ in 100 percent poly. 
[darn]atio memoriae

Strick

I would have to agree with SPARKY...................TXWG ROCKS AND #@WG SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!.

Where is my CSU.............Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Some one stole my CSU, Call CSI
[darn]atio memoriae

Strick

We should post pictures of us wearing the CSU
[darn]atio memoriae