"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: ZigZag911 on December 14, 2009, 05:19:07 PMI've been saying this for years: keep cadets in AF style uniforms (at least as long as USAF keeps giving them away!), develop something else for seniors...ALL seniors.

And it doesn't matter if you have been. What does matter is that it's not up to us.

Spike

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 14, 2009, 05:46:31 PM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on December 14, 2009, 05:19:07 PMI've been saying this for years: keep cadets in AF style uniforms (at least as long as USAF keeps giving them away!), develop something else for seniors...ALL seniors.

And it doesn't matter if you have been. What does matter is that it's not up to us.

Actually it is up to us.  If enough of us voice our concerns, complaints or desires for something, something will be done.  If the Air Force did not demand this change, but a few NEC members thought it is best to do this, then we have a fighting chance to keep this uniform.  Simply, shutting up and doing nothing is not an option for some of us. 

Let me remind you that I had members save money to purchase this uniform days before the NEC made thier declaration.  If we would have known this was a possibility, there would have been other options.  This matter is not as simple as changing nametapes or patches.  Members money was invested, and I guarantee there will be some that walk away from CAP over this.   

FW

OK, since this topic isn't dead yet.  I thought it would be interesting to throw another tidbit into the mix. 

Section 14.8 of our bylaws gives the authority of the National Board to "limit" the ability of the NEC to make decisions......... >:D
"14.8 The National Executive Committee shall meet at least twice annually and, except as otherwise directed or limited by the National Board, may consider any business properly brought before it."
I wonder if the NEC realized what they were doing when they went against the NB's Sept. decison about uniforms???

arajca

That section wouldn't preclude changing a decision. If the NB had said "Only the National Board may enact changes to the CAP uniform." then that section would come into play.

Eclipse

Quote from: FW on December 14, 2009, 08:14:19 PM
OK, since this topic isn't dead yet.  I thought it would be interesting to throw another tidbit into the mix. 

Section 14.8 of our bylaws gives the authority of the National Board to "limit" the ability of the NEC to make decisions......... >:D
"14.8 The National Executive Committee shall meet at least twice annually and, except as otherwise directed or limited by the National Board, may consider any business properly brought before it."
I wonder if the NEC realized what they were doing when they went against the NB's Sept. decison about uniforms???

This has already been mentioned a number of times in this thread...

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2009, 08:34:02 PM

But who is going to look thru 42 pages of posts?

Eclipse

Quote from: phirons on December 14, 2009, 08:48:19 PM

But who is going to look thru 42 pages of posts?

Agreed - no point in actually reading the post you're responding to...

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Actually, I don't think it has.  Throughout the rest of this thread we have been assuming that the NB and NEC had equal powers (except for a few specific things in the constitution).  It was that premise that led me to start a thread about changing the whole relationship of the NB and NEC.  However, what FW has found shows that the NB can not only reverse the decision of the NEC but has the authority to prohibit the NEC from ever addressing that issue again. 

FW

^Exactly.  The NB, in its Sept. 09 decision, said it would table all uniform decisions until a committee was formed, studied the issue and, gave a report for action in 2011.  That may be considered a "limitation" to the NEC. 
I bring this up because I do expect a "fun" winter NB meeting in D.C. 
I wonder how much the "good seats" are going to cost?  ;D

Eclipse

There's no point in quoting every message, but this issue was mentioned a dozen times at least.

And by a "dozen", I mean more than once...

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

The "issue" has been mentioned many times however, the conclusions made here seem to be based on less than complete information and may be incorrect; as Gen Courter's power point only mentioned the NEC has the powers of the NB when it is not in session (14.8 was not mentioned and, never was brought up before in this thread. In fact, based upon the powerpoint presentation, it was assumed the NEC could bring up this issue; and did properly).

The National Board  made a decision to "table" any uniform discussion. According to 14.8, when an issue is tabled by the full NB; ONLY the full NB can bring it back.  The NEC does NOT have that authority (maybe  ::) ).

Bottom line, who knows what will happen at the NB meeting.  However, I think things just got more interesting.   

Eclipse

pinyin: níng wéi tàipíng quǎn, bù zuò luànshì rén

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2009, 10:43:21 PM

Now, the pointlessnes is complete.

Westernslope

Good point, one if brought up previously, I missed in all the pages of posts. The underlined "except as otherwise directed or limited by the National Board, may consider any business properly brought before it" is the point. It had been directed that uniform items would be tabled.  I don't think the NEC cared.

Yes, it will be an interesting winter board. I just hope the NB has the courage to stand up for the members. However, my guess is that they will do as they are told (execute and salute) or their positions will be in jeopardy. I have seen it happen too times. 

Gunner C

Their positions won't be in jeopardy if there's a secret ballot.  But then, even if they were, they need to fire the gutless wonders who won't stand up for the members in their wings.

Major Lord

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2009, 10:43:21 PM

Quid Quid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur!  Anything said in Chinese however, sounds like it came from Chairman Mao......I am not sure that our pointless debate about the uniforms created by Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters has much effect on anything except our livers....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Westernslope

Quote from: Gunner C on December 15, 2009, 02:34:34 PM
Their positions won't be in jeopardy if there's a secret ballot.  But then, even if they were, they need to fire the gutless wonders who won't stand up for the members in their wings.

True, but why would there be a secret ballot? Normally, it is a show of hands unless it is an election. Wing CCs often stand up to keep their positions rather than their members. I think that is why we are in the situation that we are in.

I know several Wing CCs have been inundated with comments/feedback from their members on this issue. I hope this time they will actually represent them with whatever opinion the members have.

Gunner C

They can ask for a secret ballot for any issue.  It is usually (never in my experience) not challenged.