"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Short Field

Mutiny - like when Fletcher Christian took over the Bounty.   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

CAPOfficer

It has been approximately eighteen days since the original posting of this information and I have yet to see any "official" news forthcoming from National Headquarters on this issue; did I miss it or has our National officers' left to the grapevine to disseminate this information once again?

davidsinn

I got an email from my WG/CC that came from our RG/CC that was originally written by another RG/CC.  ::) Other than that nothing "official" has come down.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: davidsinn on November 25, 2009, 03:56:59 PM
I got an email from my WG/CC that came from our RG/CC that was originally written by another RG/CC.  ::) Other than that nothing "official" has come down.

My squadron CC didn't know about it, and she is normally very well informed as to what is going on.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

Has anyone called NHQ and simply asked?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

FW

You guys are special.  I spoke to the CAP/EX and the CAP/CV.  Both confirmed the loss.  The "CSU" is gone....... at least until the winter NB meeting. 

CAPOfficer

Understanding there are approximately 35,000 Senior Members currently in CAP, I would not recommend for anyone to call National with a uniform question directly.  Especially when it is in reference to a possible uniform change, which by all logic, could have been dealt with by an immediate Interim Change Letter (ICL), at the very least.  After all, there are several types of media at their disposal and utilizing any one or more of them to accomplish this task would have been effective.

Further, whether this uniform was liked or disliked by the membership does not detract from the fact it was an authorized uniform, which purportedly had received the blessing from our parent organization for wear.  A great number of our membership has spent a considerable amount of funds on this uniform combination and for our senior leadership to simply dispense with it without officially notifying the membership (along with the reason why) is simply unacceptable.

I believe it is not too much to ask or expect from our leadership, they would expect no less from us if the decision were ours.

Pylon

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."  --Henry David Thoreau  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: CAPOfficer on November 25, 2009, 11:33:19 PM
Understanding there are approximately 35,000 Senior Members currently in CAP, I would not recommend for anyone to call National with a uniform question directly.  Especially when it is in reference to a possible uniform change, which by all logic, could have been dealt with by an immediate Interim Change Letter (ICL), at the very least.  After all, there are several types of media at their disposal and utilizing any one or more of them to accomplish this task would have been effective.

Further, whether this uniform was liked or disliked by the membership does not detract from the fact it was an authorized uniform, which purportedly had received the blessing from our parent organization for wear.  A great number of our membership has spent a considerable amount of funds on this uniform combination and for our senior leadership to simply dispense with it without officially notifying the membership (along with the reason why) is simply unacceptable.

I believe it is not too much to ask or expect from our leadership, they would expect no less from us if the decision were ours.

I don't know about you....but I was offically notified of it's loss.  My wing CC breifed all his commanders at a commander's call who passed it down to the unit.

As for having a reason........Because we said so is a reason......but the reason beifed at commander's call was that the USAF had problems with it....they asked 18 months ago for changes and someone at the NEC brought it to the floor for action.

The USAF may have gruggingly given their approval of it back under HWSRN.....but now that we have a new leader they pushed again.

I trust that the NEC took into account the cost members will incure, and that a number of us liked the uniform.....but I also trust that they looked at the whole picture and made and informed decision.

Bottom line is that the decison has been made.  If you disagree do a white page proposal, send it up your chain of command and get it put back on the agenda at a future time.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FW

OK guys, after 24 pages of replies to this fantastic topic, we've been through every possible combination of argument.  Don't you think it's time to put this to bed and concentrate on other threads, like conjuring up a new "CSU" or discussing the color gray in our pants?  I know there is no horse too dead to beat but.....   

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NCRblues

Quote from: CAPOfficer on November 25, 2009, 11:33:19 PM

Why shouldn't a member call National for a uniform question? Even in 39-1 it says call about unlisted badges, so why could i call about one thing and not the other? I understand that their is a chain of command, but when you get your answers split down the middle, with half saying yes its going, other half say maybe, wait for the NB's, what is a member to do? Call and ask directly, what's the harm? I take up maybe 5 minutes of a staffers time? maybe.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

O-Rex

I'm willing to let the pony rest in peace, and look for a good quality pair or HEATHER GRAY pants.  Wal-mart specials are okay for Golf shirts, but aviator's deserve a little extra.  On another thread someone posted a linky for a pair of Sears wash 'n wears that merits looking into. . .

Nonetheless, I'm surprised that there is no ICL out yet: that's when it becomes 'real' for me.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: O-Rex on November 26, 2009, 02:46:30 AM
Nonetheless, I'm surprised that there is no ICL out yet: that's when it becomes 'real' for me.

Me too. 

One thing I learnt over the years dealing with both CAP and the AF, not to mention having been a state civil service employee some years ago, is that until it's in writing, it isn't so.

When I see an ICL and/or someone higher up the food chain than me orders me not to wear it any more, I'll go from there.

Until then I'm going to get everything out of the money I invested in it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

James Shaw

Dsiclaimer: I have not read everyones post in this thread. Just my idea.

Keep CSU jacket. Replace silver braid with blue and put the Grey Epaulets on it. People have invested alot and there are still more hanging at Vanguard.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

PHall

Quote from: caphistorian on November 26, 2009, 01:21:37 PM
Dsiclaimer: I have not read everyones post in this thread. Just my idea.

Keep CSU jacket. Replace silver braid with blue and put the Grey Epaulets on it. People have invested alot and there are still more hanging at Vanguard.

So you're advocating wearing an "unauthorized uniform? No wonder the Air Force is not happy with us.

RiverAux

Jeez, can't you assume that he meant getting AF approval (or at least not disapproval) for his suggestion?  Did he say he was going to start wearing this on his own initiative?  Apparently the AF didn't like the CSU in its current format, but there is no reason to believe that they might not go along with one that has certain alterations to the existing one. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on November 26, 2009, 05:08:03 PMApparently the AF didn't like the CSU in its current format

Cite please.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.  No one has produced a single piece of evidence beyond hearsay that the USAF had any concern whatsoever regarding re the CSU in its current form.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Well, if you prefer to think that our leaders are lying to us, I suppose that your right, but there is no evidence of that either.