"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 06:14:06 PM
[
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
[/quote]

Since you agree so whole-heartedly, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what the mission is?
[/quote]

Cadet Programs, Aerospace Education, and Emergency Services.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Yes, thank you for making my point.

The CP stresses discipline, appearance, and military bearing.  The majority of our membership is involved in someway or shape with cadets.  Having a formal uniform which presents a proper example is a program requirement.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 04:55:11 PM
^ For starters, point #2 is gross oversimplification to make a point which is ultimately incorrect.  The uniform was both reviewed and approved by the USAF.

"Approved" does not necessarily equal "preferred".

Which is what I (erroneously?) understood.  When I first saw photos with the "U.S." collar devices I thought "uh, oh...," but then they were removed, as was the grade insignia on the flight cap.  I had thought that was at the behest of the Air Force, so as to get their consent.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on November 19, 2009, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 04:55:11 PM
^ For starters, point #2 is gross oversimplification to make a point which is ultimately incorrect.  The uniform was both reviewed and approved by the USAF.

"Approved" does not necessarily equal "preferred".

Which is what I (erroneously?) understood.  When I first saw photos with the "U.S." collar devices I thought "uh, oh...," but then they were removed, as was the grade insignia on the flight cap.  I had thought that was at the behest of the Air Force, so as to get their consent.

Correct.

The uniform was presented to them, they reviewed it, directed change, and I assume went to lunch. 

Whether it rubbed some random NCO's or officers who don't understand CAP the wrong way is basically irrelevant.  That doesn't mean our image, bearing and performance isn't important, just that we can't waste calories worrying about every nook and cranny of every other service, LEA, FD, HLS, etc., that happens to also wear a uniform.

There are only so many reasonable color choices and styles of clothing.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Yet, contrary to eclipse’s adamant posting, I can’t find a single peace of actual evidence that cap-usaf or any air force leadership approved the CSU….
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 06:35:31 PM
Yet, contrary to eclipse's adamant posting, I can't find a single peace of actual evidence that cap-usaf or any air force leadership approved the CSU....

Look harder.  (or don't, it won't change the facts).

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

I did, there is nothing that says the air force approved that uniform. Other than you and some others that say oh yes they did. I guess I missed that point when you were on the Nb's during that time.....

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 06:38:44 PM
I did, there is nothing that says the air force approved that uniform. Other than you and some others that say oh yes they did. I guess I missed that point when you were on the Nb's during that time.....

So you're actually going to assert and believe that the National Commander has been wearing a uniform for several years that the USAF never approved?

Just trying to see how far you will take this reasoning...

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Sure she has, because she was doped by pineda just like oh, the rest of cap...unless you think pineda was a good and decent leader that followed the proper procedure to place this new uniform in cap.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

I'm still waiting for proof that the air force approved this uniform, I mean you say it's out there. I can't find it, if I am wrong help me out and give me a link to the proof.

FW

Arguing about Air Force approval of the CSU is a moot point.  I have copies of the letters from Gen Chandler and Nick Kehoe where in the uniform issue was "negotiated".  Mr. Rowland (our executive director) has copies also.  Le'ts not worry about that any more, ok?   The larger issue, IMHO, as I and a few others have stated, is better governance and transparency in the decisons of our leaders. 

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 06:28:59 PM

The CP stresses discipline, appearance, and military bearing.  The majority of our membership is involved in someway or shape with cadets.  Having a formal uniform which presents a proper example is a program requirement.

Which reg did I miss that requirement in?  Cite please as I really thought I owned all the required uniforms.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Gunner C

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:42:29 PM
Every day I feel that CAP should just go Polo Shirts...
Your feelings and $.25 won't even get you a cup of coffee.  Just because some people wear it doesn't mean it's a good or even appropriate uniform for the particular event.

Eclipse

Quote from: Short Field on November 19, 2009, 08:46:37 PM

Which reg did I miss that requirement in?  Cite please as I really thought I owned all the required uniforms.

You do if you own either blues or whites...

The rest has been asked and answered by me and others 6 times in this thread alone.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Short Field on November 19, 2009, 06:13:02 PM
Quote from: tinker on November 19, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
The mission is not about "looking good" or wearing fancy soldier suits.  IMHO people for whom those are paramount would be better off finding a good drum and bugle corps to join.  There you also get to wear hats with tall feathers on them.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Since you agree so whole-heartedly, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what the mission is?
I don't think you want to go there..... >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

The cadets have one....we are not talking about cadet uniforms at all.

NCRblues

So Eclipse, I have looked through this thread, and I just can't find any post or cite's of evidence that it is a requirement to posses, let alone the 6 times you say is in there. Actually, I believe the requirement to work with cadets is A uniform not a "formal" one. Please cite your information on this, as you like to say to others constantly.

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 06:35:31 PM
Yet, contrary to eclipse's adamant posting, I can't find a single peace of actual evidence that cap-usaf or any air force leadership approved the CSU....

Do you access to NHQ's corrospondance?  HWSRN's E-mail records.  The fact is that corporate uniforms do not have to be approved by the USAF.  That they communicated their wishes to NHQ and NHQ made changes is an indication that they did approve of them.  They may have had some misgivings but they had little power to do anything.  HWSRN is gone now and they recommunicated their misgivings and the NEC acted on those.

If you are so all fired up about finding proof of authorisation......find something that says the USAF approved of the USAF style uniforms.

NCRblues