"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:42:29 PM
Every day I feel that CAP should just go Polo Shirts... Most members wear only that anyways...

I'm pretty sure I've only seen 10-20% of members who ONLY wear that.

Not to mention those pesky cadets...

FW

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:11:47 PM
If the NB revisits this, we are going to look so bad.....
If CAP could survive raids on NHQ by the FBI and OSI, the resignation of a CAP/EX for "playing with employees", congress totally messing with our leadership structure, the resignation of 1 national commander, the removal of another, major tax issues with gaming in a certain large wing and, who know what other great things we've done; I think we'll survive this uniform issue if it is revisited.....

Nolan Teel

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 19, 2009, 05:47:18 PM
Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:42:29 PM
Every day I feel that CAP should just go Polo Shirts... Most members wear only that anyways...

I'm pretty sure I've only seen 10-20% of members who ONLY wear that.

Not to mention those pesky cadets...

Come to Texas, all you see is polos.

Eclipse

Quote from: davidsinn on November 19, 2009, 05:36:46 PM
Does that bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? It's been two weeks now and the wear out date is 13.5 months out. People could join tomorrow and drop major coin on this thing and only get to wear it for a year.

At last check, the jackets had been yanked off VG's site and they were the only source.  The other parts could be sourced elsewhere (in fact should be), but with the exception of the parade strap for the hat and the nametag could be used with other combos

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:50:12 PM

I think sparky, for starters, would have an issue with the factual nature of that statement.

And despite your assertion that polos are the best choice, you're displaying a rack in your signature.  Not much point in awarding ribbons and grade if you can't wear them anywhere?  Hm...?

"That Others May Zoom"

Nolan Teel

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 05:53:46 PM

I think sparky, for starters, would have an issue with the factual nature of that statement.

And despite your assertion that polos are the best choice, you're displaying a rack in your signature.  Not much point in awarding ribbons and grade if you can't wear them anywhere?  Hm...?
Sparky??

I didnt say I was a fan of the polos but rather saying if CAP wants to get everyone in a uniform there yea go.  Also keep things simple dont yea think? 

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:39:44 PM
Is every decision in your world a mistake? Why is this a mistake? I think the majority of the cap populace is aware of this. Do you think cap members that don't post on here are somehow living in the dark? And most people I have asked don't think that a corporate uniform needs to be somehow "equal" but you're always right eclipse...

There are more than 50K members in CAP, there are less than 2k member on Captalk, and only a few hundred that hang around here on a regular basis.

These conversations do not even remotely resemble the level of "informed" of the general CAP population.

Go to just about any encampment or large exercise and you'll see members with uniform issues that were changed and actually published in the last rev of 39-1, let alone the various ICL's, some of which are years old.

There are still members with wing patches on their blues, and NHQ spends a fair amount of time shopping out the seal from flightsuits on members who can't be bothered to change them.

Considering that this has not been communicated officially in any form from NHQ, most of the general membership are completely unaware, guaranteed.

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:39:44 PM
you're always right eclipse...

Thank you...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I'm just about sure that 99.99% of that statement is BS. I've seen pictures from Texas, and that is not all that people wear.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but most definitely not the whole state, region or the nation.

Nolan Teel

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 19, 2009, 06:01:59 PM

I'm just about sure that 99.99% of that statement is BS. I've seen pictures from Texas, and that is not all that people wear.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but most definitely not the whole state, region or the nation.

Im not into the business of BS, Come to an exercise in Texas... You will see a sea of Polos.  We have an exercise this weekend.  Come to Dallas and look me up, ill show you what im talking about.

NCRblues

Eclipse, you consistently speak down to anyone that doesn't agree with you 100%. I truly believe that the majority of cap members are aware of this just from the simple fact it is controversial. Thank you so much for taken my post literally and not full of sarcasm like it was meant to be... once again you are always right...even when you're not. ::)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

The CyBorg is destroyed

Nolan, Texas is a big state.  I remember going across it on I-10 as a kid, and then there's always memories of lovely Lackland.  I really doubt a random sample of all the many Texan CAP membership would yield a 10% figure of those who wear polos only and nothing else.  Besides, it may be good in that fine Texan sun, but up here in the frozen Great Lakes, not so good. ;D

I think that if a "polos-only" directive came down, it would have much the same effect as a "grey/white-only" or even a "AF uniform-only" (for those meeting H/W/G standards) would...a fair bit of the membership would become disinterested.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 06:05:54 PMIm not into the business of BS, Come to an exercise in Texas... You will see a sea of Polos.  We have an exercise this weekend.  Come to Dallas and look me up, ill show you what im talking about.

The CSU isn't an operational uniform, what people where during missions doesn't have much to do with this conversation.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nolan Teel

Quote from: CyBorg on November 19, 2009, 06:08:35 PM
Nolan, Texas is a big state.  I remember going across it on I-10 as a kid, and then there's always memories of lovely Lackland.  I really doubt a random sample of all the many Texan CAP membership would yield a 10% figure of those who wear polos only and nothing else.  Besides, it may be good in that fine Texan sun, but up here in the frozen Great Lakes, not so good. ;D

I think that if a "polos-only" directive came down, it would have much the same effect as a "grey/white-only" or even a "AF uniform-only" (for those meeting H/W/G standards) would...a fair bit of the membership would become disinterested.

Agreed about the Sun. 

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 06:07:47 PMI truly believe that the majority of cap members are aware of this just from the simple fact it is controversial.

Considering you don't have a single piece of evidence to support that assertion, it real nice you're taking me to task for disagreeing.

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 06:07:47 PMThank you so much for taken my post literally and not full of sarcasm like it was meant to be.
If you try to post with sarcasm when you are misinformed on a topic, do not be surprised at the results.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

Quote from: tinker on November 19, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
The mission is not about "looking good" or wearing fancy soldier suits.  IMHO people for whom those are paramount would be better off finding a good drum and bugle corps to join.  There you also get to wear hats with tall feathers on them.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Quote from: Short Field on November 19, 2009, 06:13:02 PM
Quote from: tinker on November 19, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
The mission is not about "looking good" or wearing fancy soldier suits.  IMHO people for whom those are paramount would be better off finding a good drum and bugle corps to join.  There you also get to wear hats with tall feathers on them.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Since you agree so whole-heartedly, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what the mission is?

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

And you're supporting evidence that the majority of cap doesn't know this came from...? Oh that's right it's your opinion.....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Nolan Teel

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on November 19, 2009, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 06:05:54 PM
Snip

Google Search for TXWG

Lots of Cadets, not to many seniors.  But im done talking about this.  As I said, If CAP wants a cheap, simple way to make everyone uniform there yea go...  KISS right?

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: davidsinn on November 19, 2009, 04:23:32 PM
Sounds like an education issue to me. Maybe if the AF taught their people about us this wouldn't be a problem.

It wasn't always this way.  I think that up until the early/mid-'90s, the relationship with the AF was a lot better.  Around that time is when a lot of push-pulling started, with some in the CAP "governing structure" wanting to "do our own thing" and be more independent of the AF...but with others wanting to look like the AF.

And then there was all the scuttlebutt I heard around that time about the self-promoted Major General, SNCO's getting PO'd at CAP members trying to dress them down for not saluting...again, this was all going down around the time I first joined ('93) so I don't know the truth or otherwise of these things.  However, I do remember a lot of the other things that happened.

I also remember when Senator John S. McCain, CAPT USN(ret), in the zeal to "cut government" in the mid-'90s, almost brought CAP under the axe.

The AF used to make CAP more widely-known than we are now...but I think it's down to more than just uniforms that they don't now...sometimes we haven't done a very good job of self-policing, and the CSU is just one example of that.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011