"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

davidsinn

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 04:37:18 PM
Davidsinn, how would you propose educating every Air force personnel about every aspect of cap?

Maybe do it at BMT and then with press releases instead of not telling anyone about us?

We would have to brief everyone in the air force on every uniform combination we have. We can’t even get it right for our members let alone the world’s largest air force!

A simple pictorial chart would work

Then what do you do about the Air force personnel that don’t like us wearing anything that remotely looks like an active duty uniform?

Tell them to shut up and color? Seriously, the only members of the AF who's opinion matters is CC/CAP-USAF, CSAF, and SECAF and anyone in the middle of that chain that I missed.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Eclipse, how do you know it was vetted and approved? Can you site something? Or do you just "know?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 04:59:00 PM
Eclipse, how do you know it was vetted and approved? Can you site something? Or do you just "know?

Who do you think told us to make the changes?

There are citations and notes in this thread and others that reference the USAF's directives for change and
ultimate approval.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Guys, I just took a little "blue" pill and feel much better now ;D

The powerpoint presentation is interesting however, is full of factual errors and poor research (timeline is off as well as some facts).

Second, what happens in the next few months is up to the NB.  After 20 pages of comments, I don't really know if we can add new information to this exiting and very interesting field of knowledge.  I do know than an agenda item is being written for the next NB meeting concerning this issue.  Whether or not it sees publication is anyone's guess.

Third, it does feel better knowing "I'm not in Kansas anymore"  Maybe, if I tap my laptop cover three time and say; "I want to go home, I want to go home" over and over, I'll wake up and, it will all have been a bad dream 8)

NCRblues

If the NB revisits this, we are going to look so bad.....

Nolan Teel

So wait, the NB still has to make it final?

davidsinn

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:15:33 PM

Technically no. But they can reverse it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:15:33 PM

No, the NEC decision is a decision with standing.  The National Board, being the same authoritative level as the NEC has the ability to reverse the decision should they choose.

Then, at the next NEC meeting, the NEC could reverse the reversal in a never ending loop of insanity.

All the decisions from the NEC and NB are final unless the other decides to make it temporary.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Nolan Teel

Keep it simple, you have the air force uniform and 1 corporate uniform alternate... Why is that so hard to go with?

davidsinn

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:19:37 PM
Keep it simple, you have the air force uniform and 1 corporate uniform alternate... Why is that so hard to go with?

Because it's not so simple. The gray uniform is not and never has been equal to the AF uniform in any sense of the word. It's not even uniform in the first place. The CSU was equal in almost every way to the AF uniform. They killed the wrong one and in an unethical way.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Who said the corporate dress uniform had to be equal? ??? And what exactly would make it equal in your eyes? Then again in someone else's it won't be equal in your version either.

davidsinn

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:26:23 PM
Who said the corporate dress uniform had to be equal? ??? And what exactly would make it equal in your eyes? Then again in someone else's it won't be equal in your version either.

If it's an alternate it stands to reason that it would be equal.

It's missing:
A standard style of shirt
A standard style of pants
A jacket
A hat
Standard shoes
A formal/semi formal version (no the blazer does not count as it's a completely different uniform)

You get those and then it's an equal uniform.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:11:47 PM
If the NB revisits this, we are going to look so bad.....

To whom?

The majority of the membership is unaware of this issue. CAPTalk ≠ CAP.

The assertions that the USAF cares enough about this to force an NEC action outside the normal course of business have not been substantiated by anyone.

Is every decision in your world, including mistakes, "final"?

There may well be full consensus between the NB and NEC on this and its a done deal but the the public information is that the NB was enhancing the uniform and the NEC decided unilaterally to disavow it.

That's the only thing we actually know, and even that is only from info here and through the chain - there still has been no official word from NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nolan Teel

I don't have all the facts but if the Air Force is unhappy about that uniform then get rid of it.  Also let's remember that the Grey Uniform is a corporate type uniform, not a military uniform.  If CAP wants all members to be in the same uniform then lets all go Greys or polos. 

Honestly I'm tired of all the uniform rants that spawn out of national's decision making.  It's hurting our members. 

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on November 19, 2009, 05:26:23 PM
Who said the corporate dress uniform had to be equal?

Most people when you ask them.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on November 19, 2009, 05:31:18 PM

There may well be full consensus between the NB and NEC on this and its a done deal but the the public information is that the NB was enhancing the uniform and the NEC decided unilaterally to disavow it.

That's the only thing we actually know, and even that is only from info here and through the chain - there still has been no official word from NHQ.

Does that bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? It's been two weeks now and the wear out date is 13.5 months out. People could join tomorrow and drop major coin on this thing and only get to wear it for a year.

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
national's decision making.  It's hurting our members. 

Yes NHQ's decision making or lack of same in some cases is hurting our members.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Nolan Teel

Im telling our members to not buy that uniform. 

NCRblues

Is every decision in your world a mistake? Why is this a mistake? I think the majority of the cap populace is aware of this. Do you think cap members that don't post on here are somehow living in the dark? And most people I have asked don't think that a corporate uniform needs to be somehow "equal" but you're always right eclipse... ::)

davidsinn

Quote from: Nolan Teel on November 19, 2009, 05:38:10 PM
Im telling our members to not buy that uniform.

Good. What about the less technically savvy among our membership that haven't heard yet? I've got two letters to describe this decision for you but I don't want to meet Mike's Banhammer so I'll leave it to you imaginations.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Nolan Teel

Every day I feel that CAP should just go Polo Shirts... Most members wear only that anyways...  Keep It simple... It would be cheap, everyone would have it and after many years CAP would be uniform!