"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

NCRblues

^^
Wasn't one of the main arguments against this recent decision that many officers spent copious amounts of money on this uniform? So wouldn't pushing all officers to a corporate uniform cost many more officers much more money? I know I spent a lot on AF blues and bdus...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RogueLeader

Whew. I just about dropped money on it.  I'll keep my USAF style uniform until I don't meet standards.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

Now we see the wisdom of governing by ICL -- not only did they save the hassle of incorporating the CSU into it by never doing it, getting rid of it can be done without taking it out of 39-1!

O-Rex

Well, it certainly ends the dilemma of what to do about the braid, doesn't it??

Okay, so new year's day 2011, we shake off the fog from the night before, take our blue nametags, blue epaulets & CSU jackets to the dumpster (please don't bury them, polyester takes centuries to biodegrade)  observe a moment of silence and let it pass to a minor footnote in CAP history...

Too bad we couldn't keep the anodized buttons as a 'CAP-distinctive item" for the USAF blues.  I really liked them.

USAF probably wouldn't approve it anyway-shiny buttons are reserved for Honor Guard.

Soooooo, until then, the CSU will probably be my costume of choice-just to make the 'wear-out date' a literal term.

Reminds me of Sept 30, 1985 when we who had them observed "Khaki uniform day" throughout the Army (they officially phased out the next day.)

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on November 10, 2009, 02:13:50 AMSo wouldn't pushing all officers to a corporate uniform cost many more officers much more money? I know I spent a lot on AF blues and bdus...

Much...much....much cheaper....and the uniform is multi functional.  A blue blazer is a handy thing every professional should have in their closet. Gray pants cost about $15 at wall mart.  The tie is even okay for wear outside of CAP.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NCRblues

So because the NEC got rid of a controversial uniform, you want to ditch all military style uniforms and forget our very rich history? This is not the answer to our uniform problems.

RiverAux

Any bets on when the first official word on this starts coming out? 

jacob

Quote from: lordmonar on November 10, 2009, 03:32:13 AM
Much...much....much cheaper....and the uniform is multi functional.  A blue blazer is a handy thing every professional should have in their closet. Gray pants cost about $15 at wall mart.  The tie is even okay for wear outside of CAP.

That's one of the things that so many, myself included, don't like about this "uniform" - it is in no way uniform.  Sure you can get $15 grey pants from many places, but they won't all be the same style or even close to the same shade.  Blue blazers come in different cuts, some with blue buttons and some with gold buttons.  The only "uniform" items are the tie (though I've seen members substitute civilian ties of similar, or sometimes not so similar, color), the name plate, the devices, etc.

I don't disagree that it's cheaper though.

billford1

Quote from: Westernslope on November 09, 2009, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on November 09, 2009, 08:57:17 PM
Quote from: Westernslope on November 09, 2009, 08:36:42 PM
Can anyone tell me who brought up this agenda item and if there was any discussion on the floor?

Making a hit list?  ;D

LOL. No, but it may shed some light on why it was proposed. Was it from NHQ staff? If so, that may explain why, according to other sources, the National Commander stated on a conference call that this was "forced" on us by CAP-USAF.
If this is CAP/USAF it makes me curious as to why CAP/USAF let the CSU uniform combo go forward in the first place. It would have been more sensible to just say no without a 3 year delay. Besides, it looks good.

NCRblues

Because cap-usaf has say only on Air Force style uniforms, dress blues and bdus. Technically we can make as many corporate uniforms as we want, in basically any form we want as long as it doesn't look like an active duty uniform.

Westernslope

Quote from: jacob on November 10, 2009, 04:03:18 AM

That's one of the things that so many, myself included, don't like about this "uniform" - it is in no way uniform.  Sure you can get $15 grey pants from many places, but they won't all be the same style or even close to the same shade.  Blue blazers come in different cuts, some with blue buttons and some with gold buttons.  The only "uniform" items are the tie (though I've seen members substitute civilian ties of similar, or sometimes not so similar, color), the name plate, the devices, etc.

I don't disagree that it's cheaper though.

Yep and often a cheap pair of $15 pants looks cheap.

Another problem is with the female uniforms. Finding gray slacks or a gray skirt is not easy. The female members that I know have always complained about this. There is a Region Chief of Staff who wears gray Dockers jeans because she cannot find anything else. BUT she always uses shirt garters which, in my opinion, is very seldom used by male or females wearing the grays.

Strick

we need to get rid of the grays as well.................
[darn]atio memoriae

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on November 10, 2009, 03:52:26 AM
So because the NEC got rid of a controversial uniform, you want to ditch all military style uniforms and forget our very rich history? This is not the answer to our uniform problems.

No...I want to get our organisation into a single uniform......first choice would be to get the USAF to allow the fat and fuzzies into USAF blue......if that can't happen....then we should all get into a SINGLE CAP uniform.

History is all well and good.....but a uniformed organisation is much more desirable.

NCRblues

The Air force will never, ever, allow "fat and fuzzies" into their service style uniforms. So those of us that can fit into, and shave (and I shave because I have to for my job) I must give up my uniforms to look more in line with overweight or unshaven members? I have nothing against these members; I just don't believe those members that can wear the Air force style should be penalized by being forced over to a corporate uniform.

Slim

Quote from: Strick on November 10, 2009, 04:24:29 AM
we need to get rid of the grays as well.................

And what do you propose to replace them with?  Understanding that there is no option for "Forcing" everyone in CAP to meet weight standards or leave the organization.

Quote from: NCRblues on November 10, 2009, 04:40:16 AM
The Air force will never, ever, allow "fat and fuzzies" into their service style uniforms.

I think this is something we can all agree on.

Quote from: NCRBlues"So those of us that can fit into, and shave (and I shave because I have to for my job) I must give up my uniforms to look more in line with overweight or unshaven members?

Hey, if finding a set of Air Force blues that fit is the only requirement, there are plenty of sources available.  Unfortunately, it's not.  What would you do if the next NEC meeting had a secret agenda item to take all CAP senior members out of the AF style uniforms?

Quote from: NCRBluesI have nothing against these members; I just don't believe those members that can wear the Air force style should be penalized by being forced over to a corporate uniform.

In much the same vein, "Us" members don't want to be punished by having to wear a uniform that is completely different from the rest of the organization.  The one nice thing about the CSU is that it puts everyone on a fairly equal playing field; we all look like we belong to the same organization.  That won't happen with a good chunk of the members wearing grays again.

For us, it's not about being a wannabe, a has been, or a never will be.  It's about being identified as part of the organization. 

Slim

NCRblues

I understand your point's sir; I just do not believe that forcing everyone to a corporate uniform is a good idea for the membership.

Hawk200

Quote from: Slim on November 10, 2009, 05:37:56 AMIn much the same vein, "Us" members don't want to be punished by having to wear a uniform that is completely different from the rest of the organization.  The one nice thing about the CSU is that it puts everyone on a fairly equal playing field; we all look like we belong to the same organization.

The flip side of that same coin is that every one could shave, drop weight and we could all wear the Air Force uniform. Nobody would be different at all.

Doubt it's going to happen. I wouldn't advocate such a thing either. But the argument carries both ways for the sake of uniformity.

I don't have a problem with people that choose to wear the grays. But I don't feel it's fair to force everyone into the "non-mold".

FARRIER

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on November 10, 2009, 04:40:16 AM
The Air force will never, ever, allow "fat and fuzzies" into their service style uniforms. So those of us that can fit into, and shave (and I shave because I have to for my job) I must give up my uniforms to look more in line with overweight or unshaven members? I have nothing against these members; I just don't believe those members that can wear the Air force style should be penalized by being forced over to a corporate uniform.

How is wearing the unfiorm of the organisation a penalty?  This is one of the main reasons why I want to get us all into one uniform.

heliodoc

Obviously some clown and other clowns in this organization (CAP) voted to some facsimile, got a bunch of people in the CSU and other clowns at Vanguard benefited from the deal due to a bunch of folks who really do not understand the uniform process at all.  CAP personnel can defend themselves and say they understand the process.  Just voting willy nilly on something is what CAP is currently good at.  I do not foresee a change unless the AF puts a directive out and gets CAP out and away from the USAF uniform

All the folks here can defend whatever uniform it wants for the organization and I know its hard for the die hard veterans of CAP who hang on the 68 yr sub hunter history and the "rich and colorful" uniforms that we come to love and endure.  But that seems to be the one thing that can get a heated debate going on .. on CAPTAlk.

It sure isn't a place I come to learn about anything mission oriented or flying wise.  I come here to comment and put my .02 forward and get my fun from the commentary

Hopefully the AF will say that we have to get our own uniforms.  I personally would love to see a change to a more Civil in Civil Air Patrol.  A COMPLETELY new uni with the "corporate seal" is needed....because whether anyone here wants to admit it or not....  CAP IS a corporation with "parallels" to the military in the things we do form so called STANDARDIZATION and form  letters and cadet learning how to drill

CAP....Parallels to the military  NOT the military

Time for a new uniform, to once and for all,  to keep "CAP opinion" to Shut the....... about fat and fuzzies, weight and height standards.... None of CAP unless you've been attached to the RM in some form or another have really but nothing but variations of uniforms that will not or can not keep 55,000 personnel happy/\.

Because all 55,000 are not on CAPtalk...you won't get everyones opinion , that is for sure....it is only the few here.

So I am for a completely new uni and when MAMA or PAPA 1 AF come after us and changes it (and it probably will some day)   I personally will not shed nary a tear for any of the CAP uniforms that people here seem Sooooooo passionate about.  Change is coming, someday, as they say, and when the day comes for CAP to get a new marching order from the AF, hopefully there's a lot of beer for CAPTAlkers to cry in.

Military uniforms change from Administration, from year to year, and from mission to mission.  CAP ought likewise and away from any military uniform.  The CSU and CAP's process has made a mockery for the last 30 yrs of all sorts. Smurf suits, copies of the BBDU, CSU's, etc.

Ask CERT, NASAR, etc  there plenty-o-Public Safety catalogs that CAP and CAPers can dream from to get new threads and it is time the good ol CAP Corporate "501(c)3" find new threads and stop embarassing (sp) itself and the military itself with its pompous use of its versions.

There is my .02.....start flaming........ the day will come unis will change and the die hards will not like the change