"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Westernslope

I wonder if CAP will have to buy out the remaining Vanguard stock of CSU items? My guess is....most likely.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Westernslope on November 09, 2009, 05:45:22 PM
I wonder if CAP will have to buy out the remaining Vanguard stock of CSU items? My guess is....most likely.

And if they don't I'm sure they will pay for it from the 'profits' they receive from all other item sales.

N Harmon

Quote from: Eclipse on November 09, 2009, 04:45:31 AM
CAP members wearing flightsuits to unit staff meetings make that comment all the time.

[...]

Our regs say "when flying".

Where do our regs say they may only be worn when flying?
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Nick

It's the really obscure wording under Figure 2-19 that says: "(Flight Crews Only)".  It's not actually a written directive.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

dwb

The previous revision of the uniform manual had a paragraph that explicitly stated you could only wear the USAF flight suit while flying, or traveling to/from a flying activity, and strongly discouraged you from making any stops along the way.

That language has since been removed.

RickFranz

I ordered a new pair of the CSU pants 3 wks before I went to NSC.  They did not show up until a week of NSC.  I ordered the Jacket last week at NCR conference.  When I called them this morning to cancel the order, I was told it should be here tomorrow. 

Funny how fast things move when they don't want to get stuck with clearance goods. 
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Angus

Quote from: RickFranz on November 09, 2009, 06:42:35 PM
I ordered a new pair of the CSU pants 3 wks before I went to NSC.  They did not show up until a week of NSC.  I ordered the Jacket last week at NCR conference.  When I called them this morning to cancel the order, I was told it should be here tomorrow. 

Funny how fast things move when they don't want to get stuck with clearance goods. 

The pants are the same exact thing as the Blues so you're not out any morey there.  Just transition over to the Blues.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

Again, decline the shipment. They should take the item back.

arajca

Quote from: Angus on November 09, 2009, 06:55:17 PM

The pants are the same exact thing as the Blues so you're not out any morey there.  Just transition over to the Blues.
Not an otion for everyone...

Angus

I do realize that.  I'm just saying. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Westernslope

Can anyone tell me who brought up this agenda item and if there was any discussion on the floor?

davidsinn

Quote from: Westernslope on November 09, 2009, 08:36:42 PM
Can anyone tell me who brought up this agenda item and if there was any discussion on the floor?

Making a hit list?  ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Westernslope

Quote from: davidsinn on November 09, 2009, 08:57:17 PM

Making a hit list?  ;D

LOL. No, but it may shed some light on why it was proposed. Was it from NHQ staff? If so, that may explain why, according to other sources, the National Commander stated on a conference call that this was "forced" on us by CAP-USAF.

AlphaSigOU

Methinks there's something dark and nefarious behind the 86-ing of the CSU - or the RealAirForce took off it's blinders and realized the extent of HWSNBN's nose-thumbing at the AF Uniform Board. To which the AFUB had kittens sideways.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

FW

Believe it or not; the AF was officially neutral on the CSU except for the "US" lapel pins and metal grade on the flight cap (origninal proposal).  Let's just say the uniform left us as it came to us.....
Without prior knowledge >:D

Ned

It was a region commander, but I can't remember which one.  There was a fairly spirited discussion, but the final vote was nearly unanimous.

It was definately not proposed by a NHQ staffer.  All agenda items must be proposed or sponsored by an actual NEC member.

Hawk200

Quote from: FW on November 09, 2009, 09:46:10 PMLet's just say the uniform left us as it came to us.....
Without prior knowledge >:D

Have to agree with that one. HWSRN wore it to the Armed Services Committee hearing, and no one had ever seen it before.

Even when military generals make up a new uniform, someone knows about them long before we see them. When it comes to general only type of items, those things aren't drastically different from what the rank and file is wearing.

Westernslope

Quote from: Ned on November 09, 2009, 09:53:22 PM

It was a region commander, but I can't remember which one.  There was a fairly spirited discussion, but the final vote was nearly unanimous.

It was definately not proposed by a NHQ staffer.  All agenda items must be proposed or sponsored by an actual NEC member.

Thanks. I now have a strong feeling which Region CC it was but w/o verification it is only speculation.  And we already have enough speculation. It is not like it was a secret meeting, so it will be known at some point. Perhaps we will even get the real story and we can stop speculating.

Given the amount of money that has been expended, I think we are really owed an explanation.

jacob

Quote from: alamrcn on November 09, 2009, 04:25:09 PM
I've been pretty astute in grabbing and saving every change and policy letter out of National for the last five years. The 29 June 2006 letter is the first official document regarding the TPU I have. If by chance I am missing something, PLEASE pass it along!

The CAP uniform document library thus far...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html

I've also saved the NB/NEC minutes there, and eventually will go through them all and note on the website what uniform related issues are discussed for easier reference.

Great site!  Well done, sir!

lordmonar

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 09, 2009, 09:29:36 PM
Methinks there's something dark and nefarious behind the 86-ing of the CSU - or the RealAirForce took off it's blinders and realized the extent of HWSNBN's nose-thumbing at the AF Uniform Board. To which the AFUB had kittens sideways.

No...I just think it was a high speed push to "simplify the uniform choices".

Not the way I would have gone....but it was the easiest choice to make....no new regs to write, no new grooming standards, its been around for a long long time, make the USAF breath easier, no need to fix the silver braid.

All in all I think the NEC did a pretty good job with a lousy situation.

Now...we start the push to get the USAF to let the fat and fuzzies wear USAF style uniforms and/or we push all Officers to the corporate uniforms.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP