"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Robert Hartigan

The CSU is gone.  :-\

Now, we need to bring back The Legend.  :)

We desire the benefits of The Leisure.  ;)

We want The Allure. ;D

We demand its return. ;D

The Guayabera Shirt! :clap:
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

billford1

A.Member

Great decision to drop this uniform!  :clap:

It never should've been implemented in the first place.  Glad to see it go.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

AlphaSigOU

Or worse yet... THE BLUE SMURF SUIT!!!! (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!)  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

I like wearing 'Latin American/Filipino formal dress' - aka guayaberas - but they should have NEVER been made part of any uniform!
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

dwb

Regardless of the... ahem... haphazard manner in which this uniform coalesced, there were a non-trivial number of CAP officers that sank serious coin into the uniform, and were very proud to wear a uniform that allowed them to look a little more like their USAF-uniform-wearing brethren.

I guess it's to be expected that the uniform gets phased out with the same fog of confusion that it was developed in, but still, the NEC just made a whole bunch of good volunteers really upset with no apparent forethought.

Apparently the days of hidden agenda items and rash decisions are not behind us. :-\

JC004

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 08, 2009, 07:18:03 PM
Or worse yet... THE BLUE SMURF SUIT!!!! (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!)  ;D

You people are giving them ideas!

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: dwb on November 08, 2009, 07:27:29 PM
Regardless of the... ahem... haphazard manner in which this uniform coalesced, there were a non-trivial number of CAP officers that sank serious coin into the uniform, and were very proud to wear a uniform that allowed them to look a little more like their USAF-uniform-wearing brethren.

I guess it's to be expected that the uniform gets phased out with the same fog of confusion that it was developed in, but still, the NEC just made a whole bunch of good volunteers really upset with no apparent forethought.

Apparently the days of hidden agenda items and rash decisions are not behind us. :-\

You got that right! CAP now has the equivalent of 'McPeakination'. Except those of us who sunk some money in this uniform now have perfectly serviceable Halloween costumes. Perhaps we can all go trick-or-treating at the NEC members' houses next Halloween wearing 'historical uniforms'? ::)  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

heliodoc

We sure are!!

Because it appears plenty-o-leadership is incapable of REAL workable, practical uniform items without going historical or is that uniform hysterical on us.

Watch.... some of these suggestion WILL probably rear their ugly heads again.  Somewhat like movie and TV remakes 30 years later.   Lame repeats...

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Robert Hartigan on November 08, 2009, 06:38:28 PM
The CSU is gone.  :-\

Now, we need to bring back The Legend.  :)

We desire the benefits of The Leisure.  ;)

We want The Allure. ;D

We demand its return. ;D

The Guayabera Shirt! :clap:

OMFG!!!!

They couldn't decide on a shirt color for that either.

They kept changing colors on the shirt until they got rid of it as well.

JH
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

A.Member

Regardless of the... ahem... haphazard manner in which this uniform coalesced, there were a non-trivial number of CAP officers that sank serious coin into the uniform...
Really?  Do you have any hard numbers to support that claim or is your comment just anecdotal?  If so, how did you arrive to such a conclusion?   I've not seen a "non-trivial number" of CAP members with this uniform.  As a matter of fact, I could could on one hand, with several fingers to spare, the number of members I've seen in that uniform - and I've been to every Wing conference over the past several years.

The lesson here is not a new one.  If you're truly concerned about costs in CAP, then you don't want to be the first to jump aboard uniform changes.

Eliminating this uniform (correcting this "wrong") was one of the better uniform decisions I can recall.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Major Carrales

Quote from: A.Member on November 08, 2009, 08:01:57 PM
Regardless of the... ahem... haphazard manner in which this uniform coalesced, there were a non-trivial number of CAP officers that sank serious coin into the uniform...
Really?  Do you have any hard numbers to support that claim or is your comment just anecdotal?  If so, how did you arrive to such a conclusion?   I've not seen a "non-trivial number" of CAP members with this uniform.  As a matter of fact, I could could on one hand, with several fingers to spare, the number of members I've seen in that uniform - and I've been to every Wing conference over the past several years.

The lesson here is not a new one.  If you're truly concerned about costs in CAP, then you don't want to be the first to jump aboard uniform changes.

Eliminating this uniform (correcting this "wrong") was one of the better uniform decisions I can recall.

If even only ten people bought the service coat that is about $1600, in waste on the service coat, if 100 people bought it that is $16,000, if 1000 people bought it (likely the most likely number) then that is $160,000.  Plus add in the name tags (which a similar number purchased, shoulder marks, and the all the stuff that was approved for like 5 months and then rescinded (rank of flight caps et al) and even less than "hard" numbers are substantial.

The point is that this represent a waste of volunteer resources that could have been used in the execution of the mission and are now awaiting the flushing of the toilet because of agendistic infighting and posturing of CAP politics. 

This is no time to celebrate, you should all be demanding satisfaction and accountability.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

dwb

Really?  Do you have any hard numbers to support that claim or is your comment just anecdotal?

Anecdotal.  I suppose we could ask Vanguard for their numbers.

I've seen more than a handful wearing the uniform, though.  At the activities I've attended, the majority of the CAP distinctive uniform wearers were donning the CSU.

Major Carrales

Quote from: dwb on November 08, 2009, 08:25:09 PM
Really?  Do you have any hard numbers to support that claim or is your comment just anecdotal?

Anecdotal.  I suppose we could ask Vanguard for their numbers.

I've seen more than a handful wearing the uniform, though.  At the activities I've attended, the majority of the CAP distinctive uniform wearers were donning the CSU.

The numbers of people I have seen have not constituted a handful.  While service coats were not as plentiful, long.short sleeve combos were rampant by those not meeting height-weight regulations.

I strongly suggest that any policy makers reading this thread come to the conclusion to conclude this uniform shenanigans and adopt standard uniform items that can apply to both USAF Style and CAP Distinctive.

Thus, standardization of the gray pants and shirt is a must.  Standardized pants will accommodate the golf shirt as well as white-gray.   Keeping them both is necessary.  The golf shirt for flying/operations and the white shirt with ribbons for more formal application.  That is the best of it.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Smithsonia

If the uniform requires hemming and tailoring (attaching the sleeve band certainly) the price of this uniform goes to $300-$350 easy. I own one. I have a blueberry Nomex flightsuit which it will sit next to -- so that's $600 total. Add the Full size Wings and ribbon set up while you are at it.

I don't care so much which uniforms are implemented. I've been in for only a few years and I have a lot of un-usable uniforms over this brief time. I think that is unfortunate. It makes me think I won't be buying anymore uniforms for awhile and just participate in those things that appeal to me - dressed as I like in a suit and thereby not represent myself as a member or fall under uniform regulations. I don't need to keep purchasing temporary items. The trouble is these items were never said to be temporary when I purchased them. Your ID card and wearing a civilian suit lets you attend most formal/semi-formal/dress functions.

So is the Black Army Sweater, Black Trench Coat, Black light weight jacket gone too? I own those also. So that's a bunch of money.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Eclipse

Your limited personal scope does not remotely agree with the facts.

You only need to look at photographs from various activities on any level and you will almost always see
at least 1-2 people that have invested in the CSU on some level.

I'd say it is more like 25% or more of the membership is wearing it in some flavor, if not more.

My numbers are as insupportable as your limited scope...

"That Others May Zoom"

Lt Oliv

Is there a link or something official-like for all of this? The phase-out itself, that is? I can't find anything that even remotely indicates that the corporate uniform is going away besides this thread.

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2009, 09:01:47 PM

Your limited personal scope does not remotely agree with the facts.

You only need to look at photographs from various activities on any level and you will almost always see
at least 1-2 people that have invested in the CSU on some level.

I'd say it is more like 25% or more of the membership is wearing it in some flavor, if not more.

My numbers are as insupportable as your limited scope...
I made absolutely no claim on numbers.  So you're barking up the wrong tree.  I merely asked someone else to support their claim. 

And really, I will always see at least 1 or 2 people in photographs of activites wearing the CSU?!  Don't be silly.  FWIW, a cursory review of 3 editions of Volunteer magazine from the past year or so as well as a copy of our most recent Wing magazine reveal a combined total of possibly 2 whole instances of CSU (neither with coat).  My observations were admittedly anecdotal as are clearly yours.  As indicated, neither my observations nor yours do nothing to support a claim that the numbers are 25% or any other "non-trivial" number.  Thus, I asked someone to support their claim.