Suggested Change to Photo ID

Started by 2ltAlexD, August 17, 2009, 11:29:58 PM

Eclipse

You might want to spend some time with your charter and your bylaws, as to the shopping question,
if where we can shop is a barometer of our level of integration with our parent service, I'd say the priorities are in the wrong place.

"That Others May Zoom"

Strick

Why are people in this orginization always concerned with BX privliges.  If your at a active base they give you a MSA for schools and encampment.  Shopped at the BX for years, not a big deal!!!!  .  I think our photo ID is fine, you should have seen what we had in the 80's and 90's    I have known types in CAP who just want to hang around the base and try to use the exchange and other services.  I know in the past CAP members have been caught using these service with out permission. 
[darn]atio memoriae

Eclipse

Its human nature to want something you don't need when someone says you can't have it.

Right now there are disgruntled members 500 miles from their nearest base stewing because they can't pay 20% more for a TV.

At the end of the day its all coffee-house fodder except for what you, as a member, want to do.

If aviation, cadets, and an inland operational mission are your thing, CAP is the way to go.

If checking fire extinguishers and counting life preservers "floats your boat" (heh, good one) - join the CGAux. 

If you have time, join both, and the ARC, and your local CERT team and live out of your 79 Pacer SAR Beast. Whatever.  Stop trying to compare apples and oranges, especially in a hierarchal sense.  It gets us nowhere, and just hacks off the monkey!

"That Others May Zoom"

md132

The guards at the gate does not have to let you in.  They can make you go to a visitor's center and get a visitor's pass if they wanted too.  I work for AAFES.  If they have the proper authorization then I have no problem with CAP buying anything at PX/BX.  But if not authorized then that could you and the clerk in trouble with CID.  Access to base and AAFES is subject to Base Commander.  Now in reference to the BK worker comment, yes all AAFES employees are subject to background chech before hiring.  So I don't know where you heard that.  They will either get a DoD CAC or an AAFES ID card both of which says "Limited Patronage".  The AAFeS ID card is the old dependent ID card from the 80's and 90's.  Of course they get them because they have to enter the base everyday.  But is still subject to inspection. No one is immune to inspections.  I was driving the Adjudant General of MD on base one day and was still searched.  My advice.  Just do what you are told when you get to the gate.  Don't argue with the guards.  If they refuse to let you enter with your CAP card then so be it.  It's not worth it. 

A reminder about purchasing uniform items.  This does not include field gear.  Only uniforms and unform accessories.  Also remember that purchase must  be made in cash or credit/debit.  You may not be able to return things so make sure it's what you need and size that you need because to return items you must be in DEERS. 

md132

About the photo ID card.  I think it looks pretty good.  It does look professional.  Better then MDDF's old ID card.  What I would suggest is CAPHQ send an example of it to AAFES HQ to update the ID card list.  Current list has the CAP membersip card (before the current blue).  So maybe USAF-CAP can send a sample of the photo ID card to CG of AAFES.

Strick

Quote from: md132 on August 21, 2009, 07:57:11 PM
About the photo ID card.  I think it looks pretty good.  It does look professional.  Better then MDDF's old ID card.  What I would suggest is CAPHQ send an example of it to AAFES HQ to update the ID card list.  Current list has the CAP membersip card (before the current blue).  So maybe USAF-CAP can send a sample of the photo ID card to CG of AAFES.

A solution  :clap:
[darn]atio memoriae

md132

Another suggestion is have your state director, with the permission of HQ and Wing, send a sample of it to all the Post/ Base Commanders and Head of the Department of Law Enforment and Security on base in your state.  That way the police knows what it looks like and may not question it.  The operativer word is MAY.

Spike

Quote from: md132 on August 21, 2009, 03:57:22 AM
Also remember that purchase must  be made in cash or credit/debit.  You may not be able to return things so make sure it's what you need and size that you need because to return items you must be in DEERS.

No true.  Call AAFES and register as a CAP Member.  Then you can use a personal check at an MCSS.

As for returns......no need to be in DEERS when you present a valid CAP ID Card, and Drivers License and receipt.   

md132

Remember I work for AAFES.  Unless AAFES HQ changed that and not tell the managers then what I said was true.  When a check is run or refund is processed, we use SSN to check the status of the patron. If the patron is military, retired, dependent and have no debts then it wouldn't be a problem.  When a check is run, then it checks the system for any debts and if that person is authorized. 

The system only lets us use SSN because since each person's SSN is unique.  We don't search by name because there could be more then on person with the same name.  Even whole name.  I met a soldier that had the same full name as myself.   But if your MCSS/PX/BX let you do it the so be it.  I know APG and Ft Meade will not. 

Spike

^ google "AAFES REG's" and read. 

Your location is varying from the normal routine.  There may have been a reason in the past for a deviation, but it is not how it is everywhere else.

As for the Social Security Number when running a check through checkout, it is to see if the customer owes any money to AAFES.  If so, the check will not clear.  It was never meant to screen.  Screening is done at the door through verification of correct Identification.

Trust me.......I know how AAFES works.  I may be the guy that hired you.... you never know  ;)