Main Menu

"Kids" vs Cadets

Started by Gunner C, November 25, 2008, 10:23:35 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on November 30, 2008, 04:06:15 PM
You know, when I start seeing calls for threads to be closed, my inclination is to do everything I can to keep them going.  I just don't understand why people don't understand the concept of ignoring those threads they aren't interested in participating in.  No one is forcing you to read every thread, you know.  The vast majority of threads die out naturally within a few days anyway. 

Nothing dies on the web, ever.  Google will find the thread until the End of Days, as will every new user who lights up an ID and starts scrolling.

No one is forcing anyone to read them, but the information, disinformation, arguments, or half-baked "fill dead air" ideas are still in the wild for others to read.

When someone tacks "I think we should wear Radio Shack Fire Chief Helmets for safety on ground teams...", up on the wall for all to see, if someone doesn't point out the folly of the idea, these things can tend to have a life of their own and before you know it...

As to the original question, our goal should be to use the right terminology whenever possible, and lighten up a hair when someone makes a mistake, especially someone who we all know is benevolent to CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Done.  Pumbaa, knock it off with the pics... You are not helping.  Real mature.
Mike Johnston