Main Menu

Conference Attendance

Started by mikeylikey, August 26, 2007, 10:24:08 PM

mikeylikey

Does attending a Wing/ Region/ National conference as a Cadet count toward the requirement for Senior Member attendance.  I scanned through the pro Dev guide, but must have missed it.  Thanks!
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Whoa.

That's one darned good question.

I don't know.  I'd suspect that the answer would be "No," since the date of attendance would be before the date one "Joined CAP" on the computer once one becomes an officer.

But I don't know what the correct answer is.
Another former CAP officer

Duke Dillio

CAPR 50-17, 5-1(d):
Attend two wing, region, or national conferences. These conferences afford CAP members a broad view of the CAP corporation's organization and expose them to the issues confronting CAP. The National Congress on Aviation and Space Education and a region/wing aerospace education conference are credited as conferences. Conferences attended prior to entry into Level III count toward fulfillment of this requirement.

The way I interpret this is that all conferences attended while a CAP member, regardless of status count toward this requirement.

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 26, 2007, 10:34:33 PM
I don't know.  I'd suspect that the answer would be "No," since the date of attendance would be before the date one "Joined CAP" on the computer once one becomes an officer.

My join date is my cadet join date...

jb512

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 26, 2007, 10:34:33 PM
Whoa.

That's one darned good question.

But I don't know what the correct answer is.

My "joined cap" date is confusing.  I started as a cadet in 90, have my Mitchell and encampment dates showing in 92, 91, and I quit after that.  My join date shows as some random date in 93 and I didn't rejoin until 07.

JC004

Quote from: jaybird512 on August 27, 2007, 12:15:53 AM
My "joined cap" date is confusing.  I started as a cadet in 90, have my Mitchell and encampment dates showing in 92, 91, and I quit after that.  My join date shows as some random date in 93 and I didn't rejoin until 07.

I have seen records like that.

IceNine

Definitive Answer from one who's BTDT...

YES, Documentation of completion of a Wing, Region, National, or Aerospace conference counts. 

As well as completion of AFIADL 13, completion of items listed for completion of ES or Communications speciality tracks with the exception of Senior specific items (completion of levels) and the like also count.  Just ensure proper documentation.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RogueLeader

If went as a cadet, or rejoined, I'd write a letter explaining the situation, along with any documentation I had to verify.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ZigZag911

Some things completed as a cadet do not count for senior credit: Level 1, CPPT, SLS, CLC

Tim Medeiros

CPPT does count, I'm walking evidence.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Grumpy

Good for you.  You were too fast for me.  If you check eservices you can check a person's training.  If he is currently a SM and he took CPPT as a cadet it will show as training received.

Samething for his/her join date.  I have a young man in our squadron who just turned 21 and came over to the dark side.  His date joined shows as the original date he joined as a cadet.

JohnKachenmeister

Well, what the heck...

When you fill out the form for your SM award, put down the dates you atended the conferences and hope for the best.

The worst they can do is say "No."
Another former CAP officer