Submitting Changes to Pamphlets

Started by davedove, July 24, 2007, 03:50:09 PM

davedove

I am working on my Senior rating in the Personnel Officer track.  Part of the requirements to achieve the rating are to pass a 100 question exam, which is provided in the Specialty Track Guide CAPP 200.  However, the answers to the questions are terribly outdated.

I am updating the exam answers for my own purposes and would like to submit this as a change up the line.  How would I go about submitting this?  Does anyone have any guidance?
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Fifinella

No, other than contact the PD office at Nat'l.  And thank you!  Many of the pamphlets/exams sorely need updating.  Thanks for doing something about it.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SarDragon

There was a PD Summit at NHQ a while back that discussed just that problem. There are CAPP 200 series items that are over 20 years olde.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davedove

I have submitted my first draft changes to the Wing personnel officer for his review.  I guess we'll see how it goes.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

IceNine

You have done the best thing you can do. 

Find someone with direct access to a corporate officer (Wind admin, Chief of staff, CV) whatever and have them tell the wing commander that this is a good thing.

If that doesn't work, go to region, and so on.  You have to get a corporate officer on board or this will never come to life.  Sad but true, reality of CAP.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4