Main Menu

Unit Citation Award

Started by glm705, February 19, 2019, 07:09:05 PM

glm705

There are cadets that joined slightly before me wearing the Unit Citation Award ribbon, but I'm not sure when my unit got its citation. Is there anything in eServices/on the NHQ website that would let me check or do I have to go to my squadron command?
Regulation Nerd and PA Geek

Eclipse

No. You'd have to ask.

Done properly there should be a PA with the period and members awarded.

It is not like the Army where you where it while assigned,
you have to have been there and on the PA.

"That Others May Zoom"

glm705

Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2019, 07:14:46 PM
I know there should've been a PA, but I don't remember ever really hearing about it, I just know some cadets in our squadron wear the ribbon and we have the streamer on our guidon.

Eclipse

Best / easiest would be just ask one of them or the CC.  It's not tracked by eServices,
though it can be entered as a historical award for individual members.

SER tends to hand them out like candy to whole wings at a time.

Be prepared if you ask to find inappropriate wear.  I had to tell a whole unit once that
a UCC is not an SOM, and they all need to remove it.

That was fun.

"That Others May Zoom"

glm705

Gotta love SER!
Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
I had to tell a whole unit once that a UCC is not an SOM, and they all need to remove it.
Oof. Worst I have was a SSgt wearing an Encampment ribbon and NCSA ribbon for going to encampment

Spam

C/SSGT Miller:

I just spoke with your Squadron Commander at length today, on a routine well unit check up call.
I know that he'll be willing to discuss this with you if you'll ask on THU night.

Be advised that some members of your unit (cadets) were significantly involved with hurricane relief efforts over the last few years, which were typical of the citations for prompt and sustained operational excellence which have historically led to Unit Citations, among other awards (e.g. AFOEA). Every unit, every Wing, every Region plays a part, and all who give of their time, talent and treasure should be recognized. Haters gonna hate, in this case, SER. Don't feed the trolls, cadet.

V/r
Spam

PS I would like to hear that the NCSA ribbon for encampment was addressed; when (not if) you speak to MAJ Veduccio, please address that. If you and he feel it is outside of your unit, PM me please. Thanks!

MSG Mac

Quote from: glm705 on February 19, 2019, 07:42:24 PM
Gotta love SER!
Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
I had to tell a whole unit once that a UCC is not an SOM, and they all need to remove it.
Oof. Worst I have was a SSgt wearing an Encampment ribbon and NCSA ribbon for going to encampment

I had a Major who was awarded the National Commanders Commendation and wore the GRW inverted as shown on E-services for those who were awarded the Pre-1984 PD Award.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

glm705

Quote from: Spam on February 19, 2019, 11:20:16 PM
I would like to hear that the NCSA ribbon for encampment was addressed
I'm friendly with the cadet, so I spoke w/ them about it today and it turns out that I was in the wrong about it and they had actually been to NESA. I had made an assumption because they had never mentioned going to NESA in our conversations before and they hadn't been in CAP for very long.

My bad  :-[

lordmonar

Quote from: glm705 on February 19, 2019, 07:24:21 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2019, 07:14:46 PM
I know there should've been a PA, but I don't remember ever really hearing about it, I just know some cadets in our squadron wear the ribbon and we have the streamer on our guidon.
Why not just ask your chain of command.   I'm sure that if you were a member during the effective dates, they will make sure your paperwork is up to date and you can wear it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

TheSkyHornet

I think we're identifying in this thread that there are some assumptions being tossed around about who earned what without first going to the individual to simply inquire (i.e., "Hey, I noticed you have a -ribbon-. What is it and how does one earn it?") nor discussing it within the unit staff (i.e., "Hey, I noticed some individuals wearing -ribbon- and was wondering where those came from?")

This is a great example of asking locally first before bringing it to the open net to gain more opinions.

Spam

Quote from: glm705 on February 20, 2019, 04:53:33 AM
Quote from: Spam on February 19, 2019, 11:20:16 PM
I would like to hear that the NCSA ribbon for encampment was addressed
I'm friendly with the cadet, so I spoke w/ them about it today and it turns out that I was in the wrong about it and they had actually been to NESA. I had made an assumption because they had never mentioned going to NESA in our conversations before and they hadn't been in CAP for very long.

My bad  :-[

Well done. Issue closed.
Good advice here as usual from lord and hornet.

Vr
Spam

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0