Main Menu

CAP questions

Started by CAPed Crusader, April 03, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello, I am new to CAP and have questions, can you help me answer them?

Question 1] My former CO had a CAP set up email, it said his name, wing and .gov, how do i set up one?

Question 2] For the USAF green fleece, do Airman wear ranks on it or only officers?

Question 3] Is there any part of CAP that is non-civilian?

V/R
Cadet Airman DeRosa

OldGuy

Question 3] Is there any part of CAP that is non-civilian?

See http://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104475/civil-air-patrol-usaf/

Headquarters CAP-USAF is staffed with 19 active-duty military and civil service members. Forward presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico is made possible by a CAP-USAF detachment in eight geographic regions. CAP-USAF's total active component, including all regions, is 74 members. These members are assigned to 25 locations across the country. Air Force Reserve members complement the CAP-USAF team with approximately 115 attached members. The CAP Reserve Assistance Program is the largest Air Force Reserve program in Air Education and Training Command.

I_Am_Twigs

QuoteQuestion 1] My former CO had a CAP set up email, it said his name, wing and .gov, how do i set up one?

I'm trying to figure this one out as well, soo can't help ya there

QuoteQuestion 2] For the USAF green fleece, do Airman wear ranks on it or only officers?

Yes Airman can wear ranks with the fleece. Vanguard sells blank tabs with velcro backing for the fleece here:
https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/civil-air-patrol-fleece-rank-non-commissioned-officers-new-insignia

QuoteQuestion 3] Is there any part of CAP that is non-civilian?

I'm not 100% sure about this one but I do know that there are a number of people that are enlisted/commissioned in the USAF, USMC, etc; and serve in CAP
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

OldGuy

Quote from: francisderosa16 on April 03, 2018, 06:04:41 PM
Question 1] My former CO had a CAP set up email, it said his name, wing and .gov, how do i set up one?
Contact your Squadron IT Officer. That is typically a Wing IT request.

TheSkyHornet

I'll be that guy...

Is there anyone at your unit that can be of reference to you for these questions? These should be things that an Element Leader or Flight Sergeant can help you with. If they don't have the answer, they can help you find it.

You'll do yourself a favor by researching some of this, either independently or through your chain of command, establish both a self-reliance for you as you move up and progress as well as building that relationship with your peers.

Be cautious on taking everyone's word on CAPTalk as the "right answer" because someone said so. Learn where this information is maintained (regulations) and who you can ask (chain of command). You don't want to go back to your unit with "So-and-so told me" without fact-checking it. This is a prime time to start learning this stuff early on in your cadet career.

CAPed Crusader

Hello and thank you for your reply,
I was suggested by my element leader to this website to answer these questions.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: francisderosa16 on April 03, 2018, 06:37:35 PM
Hello and thank you for your reply,
I was suggested by my element leader to this website to answer these questions.

Then your Element Leader didn't do his/her job. "Go ask someone else" is not the correct response to any question posed by a Cadet Airman.

Check with your Flight Sergeant.

CAPed Crusader

Starbird

If you happen to be NHWG, I might be able to point you in the right direction for the email question.  If not, then I have no clue, sorry

CAPed Crusader

I'm in MAWG, but thanks for the assistance!

Sriracha

Well First, welcome to CAP!

To answer your questions (at least as far as I know):

1. Your email should be set up for you by wing command (that's how it was in NJWG for me)

2. 39-1 does not authorize the green fleece, however, that's OK for our black fleece.

3. Not really. You can be in the military and CAP at the same time, though.

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
If you look at the new uniform change letter, [ABU], HQ has authorized the green fleece, with the ABUs. However, they have not updated CAP 39-1 yet. I have already transitioned into the ABUs due to my squadron making a full transition.
Thank you,
V/R
Cadet Airman
DeRosa Francis

Sriracha

Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you for informing me! I have ABUs, but was unsure of the fleece. Thank you!

THRAWN

37?!!? I was a founding member of that unit! 24 years old this year.....

Quote from: Sriracha on April 09, 2018, 06:05:11 PM
Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you for informing me! I have ABUs, but was unsure of the fleece. Thank you!
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023