2019 NCC - Drones, Part 107, Robotics?

Started by xray328, March 10, 2019, 06:17:21 PM

xray328

Hey guys,  I was looking for the most recent version of the NCC guide when I came across this...

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/NCC_2019_192202_5B3FF300DEE6E.pdf

Listed under "NCC Competitor Information" here:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-competition

Under events it lists drones, cadets taking a mock part 107, robotics etc.  What is this?  Is this really happening at this years NCC? 

Are 2019 region competitions preparing cadets for this?

PHall

Those are the optional "electives". The goal is to have cadets who do more then just drill.
We just did our wing comp last weekend and we didn't do any electives in the interest of being able to start at noon Saturday and be done by noon Sunday.

xray328

Did you do drill (color guard sequences)?

That's listed under events for the NCC but not in the 52-4.

PHall

We did outside posting, inside posting, element drill, uniform inspection, build a uniform, written test, CPFT (the old one) and team leadership exercise.

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: PHall on March 10, 2019, 07:58:12 PM
We did outside posting, inside posting, element drill, uniform inspection, build a uniform, written test, CPFT (the old one) and team leadership exercise.

Same, but the team that always gets first at wing competition brings female cadets specifically for PT so they can get a higher percentile. (We got second btw)
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

GaryVC

Had ours yesterday. There were two competitions one in Southern Nevada and one in Northern Nevada. We did outside posting, inside posting, uniform inspection, build a uniform, written test, CPFT (the new one) and the team leadership exercise. (Why would anyone do the old CPFT?). Because we did it all in one day and the two locations we don't have the results yet.

Eclipse

Quote from: GaryVC on March 10, 2019, 10:32:04 PM(Why would anyone do the old CPFT?).

Guaranteed there are CCs who don't even know there >is< a "new" one, and / or think it's optional.

Not long ago I got wind of some unit still doing ankle crackers.

"That Others May Zoom"

GaryVC

I think you are right. One of the four teams at the Southern Nevada competition had apparently not done the new PT. Anyway, it was announced today that we won. On to Region. Not bad for 3 weeks of practice.

PHall

Quote from: GaryVC on March 11, 2019, 10:52:54 PM
I think you are right. One of the four teams at the Southern Nevada competition had apparently not done the new PT. Anyway, it was announced today that we won. On to Region. Not bad for 3 weeks of practice.

So how many teams did Nevada have in their competition? California ended up with nine.

Color Guard Rifleman

At regionals are they required to do the old or new PT? Also, how late after wing competition will the regional competition location be announced?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image