Missing Wiki entry for senior recruiter ribbon

Started by ascorbate, June 07, 2009, 03:43:19 PM

ascorbate

I was perusing the awards and decorations of the Civil Air Patrol at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_decorations_of_the_Civil_Air_Patrol and noticed a missing entry for the senior recruiting ribbon. I am wondering if someone in this forum might have played a major role in developing this "wiki" page and would consider updating this wiki article?
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

Flying Pig

Ill tell you where there is a BIG mistake.  Its on the Counter Drug Ribbon.  Its says not to be confused with the Navy Commendation Ribbon.  The CD ribbon isnt Green and White, which the Navy Comm ribbon is, the CD ribbon is green with blue stripes.

Maj Ballard

Since it is a Wikipedia article, anyone can make edits.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

DBlair

It is also incorrect regarding the DR ribbon:

"The Disaster Relief Ribbon is awarded for participation in five disaster relief missions and completion of two designated disaster relief training courses. The ribbon may also be awarded for completion of one disaster relief course and 40 hours of disaster relief training or operations. Participation must be verified by the on-scene commander." (Wikipedia) (Bold emphasis mine to note incorrect statement)

According to the regs (I just checked), the 40 hour DR educational/training point is as an alternative to the Red Cross courses they note in the reg, but it is not in place of the 5 DR missions- rather, it is in addition to them.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander