Main Menu

Recruiting Members

Started by William K. Bolan, February 26, 2016, 01:18:58 PM

Eclipse

Most wings have quick-spin proficiency sorties with a simple approval process.

I can get a funded A-sortie in an hour if I have a decent idea and a willing crew(s).

"That Others May Zoom"

Hummingbird

Quote from: SarDragon on March 30, 2016, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: Hummingbird on March 30, 2016, 05:56:41 PM
I'm still in high school and a lot of the other students I've talked to say that it sounds great, and don't show up at any of the meetings. I think you think that I'm talking about current pilots, however I could be wrong.

Mr. Hartigan is just pointing out different aspects of the big picture. He is addressing what many feel to be the greater problem, retention.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused on that.
C/MSgtHummingbird CAP
Tactical Chef Boyardee guy
NER-NY-390

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2016, 07:43:20 PM
Most wings have quick-spin proficiency sorties with a simple approval process.

I can get a funded A-sortie in an hour if I have a decent idea and a willing crew(s).

That too, but I'm operating under the assumption that we're more progressive on this point than many wings.

Robert Hartigan

I was told the Wing holds an aircrew school once a year. I asked what do I tell the guy that joined the day after the aircrew school finished? The answer: Wait until next year's aircrew school!
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

RogueLeader

Other options are to go to NESA or other wings for aircrew training- if feasible.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

stillamarine

Quote from: Robert Hartigan on March 30, 2016, 09:37:34 PM
I was told the Wing holds an aircrew school once a year. I asked what do I tell the guy that joined the day after the aircrew school finished? The answer: Wait until next year's aircrew school!

I'm confused. Why does the training have to be conducted at the wing level? I just transferred into a squadron that was under the belief that to get GT qual'd they HAVE to go to the Wing ES school.  Set up your own training. Get some qualified SETs. Invite other units.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Eclipse

+1 A formal school might get things done more expediently, but all you actually need is the
materials, the initiative and eventually an SET.

"That Others May Zoom"