Cadet Test Score Sheets

Started by caprids153, September 15, 2013, 10:33:32 PM

caprids153

According to CAPR 50-4, after a cadet tests for an exam (milestone) the TCO should "Destroy working papers, notes, etc., when the examination has been completed"  Now, when a cadet completes an exam and failes the score sheet is destroyed.  When a cadet passes you cut off the top portion of the score sheet, add it to their file and shred the answers.  Does anyone know where it is documented what to do with the score sheet or is in implied in the above quoted section of 50-4?

lordmonar

You are talking about the lower half with the answers?   You destroy it.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

caprids153

Exactly, you destroy them but is it written anywhere in a CAP regulation that this is the procedure?

coudano

Is it written anywhere in CAP reg that you cut off the top and keep it?

a2capt

Look in the tests publication itself. 

What's it say in there? That's where it was covered previously.

But the reality of it is, what answer are you looking for? Are you trying to justify that you did something else because it doesn't say what to do with it?

The test results are recorded on the CAPF 66, which in more recent times means "eServices" but backups are not a bad idea either. The handling of the CAPF 23 was covered in the test books themselves, during the era of Leadership 2000. I don't recall right off what the Learn To Lead books have in them.

But it was not specifically covered in the regulation on test administration. Rather, CAPR 52-16 and the test publications themselves.

Some time back I cloned the CAPF 23 from scratch, so that I had one that printed cleanly, and natively, instead of the scanned PDF that NHQ has on their site.  You can also fill in your unit/charter, test title, etc. for making sheets for encampments, other training events, etc., before printing. 

The PDF is attached here.

Майор Хаткевич

Whenever I administer a test, I score it, write out sections needing review, shred the scantron bit, score, mark pass/fail, sign, and give the top portion to the CDC. It then gets filed in the cadets records.

a2capt

I typically fold the answer section in thirds, so that the backside of the unused part is up against the answered column, so I can write the section numbers of what they got wrong while referencing the incorrect answers on the answer sheet, then tear off the first two columns and give them the other as what they need to study.  The small bit remaining gets mangled beyond usefulness and I'll even put little bits of it in one each of several trashcans as I make the rounds of the room.

If someone finds all the little bitty pieces, and puts it back together.. it would have been far easier to study for a test, considering they won't even know what those were for.

Maybe we'll get a shredder once we have a rebuilt office area. :)

lordmonar

After a fail I go through and find out if there are any trends (a lot from Chapter 2 or Module 1) tell the cadet where he/she needs to concentrate his studying.  I thing give the sheet to the admin people who and they shreds the whole thing.

On a pass.....after the cadet corrects it.....and reviews the correct answers.
I pass the sheet to the personnel folks who record it in E-services, cut off the top and file it...then shreds the bottom.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP