Corporate Uniform/Polo Footwear

Started by Luhles, March 07, 2023, 06:50:20 PM

Luhles

So the way I read CAPR 39-1 is that any black closed towed footwear is approved for wear with the corporate uniform/polo. I'm not aware of anywhere in the reg that says you can't wear western style boots with the corporate polo. Any thoughts on the subject?
FO L. Uhles

Bike123

I would say that it probalby looks less professional.

wacapgh

4.2.5.1.7.   Footwear. Black socks and any plain black shoe or boot are required with this uniform. For description, see paragraph 6.4.

The key phrase in 6.4 is "however, if worn they will be without design." -

6.4. Footwear. 

6.4.1. Footwear (Males) – USAF-style. Footwear is required when wearing all uniforms. 

6.4.1.1. Socks (black). Socks will be plain without design, clean, and serviceable. Black socks will be worn with low quarters, dress boots and black jungle/combat boots. Plain white socks may be worn under the black socks as long as the white socks are not visible.

6.4.1.2. Low Quarters. Low-quarters are worn with the Mess Dress, Semiformal, Service Dress and Service uniforms (black combat boots and dress boots are also an option with the service dress and service uniform). Shoes will be low quarter, oxford-style, lace-up with a plain rounded toe or a plain rounded-capped toe. Soles will not exceed ½ inch in thickness and the heel will not exceed one inch in height (measured from the inside front of the heel). Shoes will be smooth or scotch-grained leather or manmade material. Shoes will be shined; high gloss or patent finish is optional.

6.4.1.3. Dress Boot. Can be worn with the Service Dress and Service uniforms. If worn, the dress boot sole will be black plain rounded toe or rounded capped toe. A zipper or elastic inserts may be worn; however, if worn they will be without design. The sole will not exceed ½ inch in thickness and heel will not exceed 1-inch in height (measured from the inside front of the heel). High-gloss or patent finish is optional.

6.4.1.4. Boots. Black combat boots will be without design and can be worn with the Service Dress and Service uniforms. They will be highly polished, high gloss or patent leather.

jeders

Quote from: wacapgh on March 07, 2023, 09:57:17 PM4.2.5.1.7.  Footwear. Black socks and any plain black shoe or boot are required with this uniform. For description, see paragraph 6.4.

Quote from: wacapgh on March 07, 2023, 09:57:17 PM4.2.5.1.7.  Footwear. Black socks and any plain black shoe or boot are required with this uniform. For description, see paragraph 6.4.

[USAF Style stuff]

Except what you quoted is for the Air Force style uniforms, not the corporate style. The paragraph you want for that is 6.4.5.3, which states

QuoteShoes. Black shoes will be plain of a commercial design and without ornamentation such as buckles or straps. If pumps are worn, heels will be no higher than 3 inches.

So as long as his plain black commercially designed cowboy boots don't have straps or buckles or similar ornamentation, he's good to go.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Shuman 14

Quote from: Bike123 on March 07, 2023, 08:08:06 PMI would say that it probalby looks less professional.

I would say that depends on what part of the country you are in.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Capmonkey

I've seen it done, and I've considered it, but I'll stick with my combat boots or dress shoes.

NIN

Quote from: Capmonkey on March 08, 2023, 05:44:47 PMI've seen it done, and I've considered it, but I'll stick with my combat boots or dress shoes.

I have a nice pair of black Wellies that I've worn with my corporates, occasionally. Not often: low quarters with slacks, combat boots with tac pants.  Unless its wicked slushy outside and I'm expecting to flood my low-quarters.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: NIN on March 09, 2023, 05:39:09 PMI have a nice pair of black Wellies that I've worn with my corporates, occasionally. Not often: low quarters with slacks, combat boots with tac pants.  Unless its wicked slushy outside and I'm expecting to flood my low-quarters.

When I was a commander, I recommended dress shoes with dress pants or boots with tactical pants as well. My theory was to match the style of pants and shoes. Not that I am legendary for my fashion advice or anything, but most followed my thinking.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Toad1168

Just avoid the spurs and you should be good to go  ;D
Toad

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Real Gs wear chukkas or Chelsea boots with either corporates or blues. 8)
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

GroundHawg

Kentucky Wings IG wore black cowboy boots for years, and sideburns loooong after they had went out of style lol

NIN

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 10, 2023, 08:50:36 PMReal Gs wear chukkas or Chelsea boots with either corporates or blues. 8)

Sadly my chukkas are not black. But I do have a nice pair of Chelseas that are black.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Quote from: NIN on March 14, 2023, 03:38:39 AM
Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 10, 2023, 08:50:36 PMReal Gs wear chukkas or Chelsea boots with either corporates or blues. 8)

Sadly my chukkas are not black. But I do have a nice pair of Chelseas that are black.

Stylish and within regs! Well done sir! 8)
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on March 14, 2023, 03:38:39 AM

We call those LOX boots in the Navy, and they have steel toes. Lots of people like to wear them, but they are way too wide for me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

[/quote]

Except what you quoted is for the Air Force style uniforms, not the corporate style. The paragraph you want for that is 6.4.5.3, which states

QuoteShoes. Black shoes will be plain of a commercial design and without ornamentation such as buckles or straps. If pumps are worn, heels will be no higher than 3 inches.

So as long as his plain black commercially designed cowboy boots don't have straps or buckles or similar ornamentation, he's good to go.

[/quote]Ah, but are "boots" actually "shoes" as required by that reg?

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Bates Chukkas

These are the chukkas I wear with service blues. Suitably shined to nearly a mirror finish, of course. I think they make a corfam version, but I prefer real leather and leave the corfams (leather soled models) for mess dress.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Shuman 14

Chukkas are always good for those who low quarters just rub the heck out of your ankle bones.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

NIN

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 15, 2023, 01:11:20 AMBates Chukkas

These are the chukkas I wear with service blues. Suitably shined to nearly a mirror finish, of course. I think they make a corfam version, but I prefer real leather and leave the corfams (leather soled models) for mess dress.

Darn. I may have to become idiosyncratic and start wearing chukkas in service dress.. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Quote from: NIN on March 21, 2023, 05:06:25 PM
Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on March 15, 2023, 01:11:20 AMBates Chukkas

Darn. I may have to become idiosyncratic and start wearing chukkas in service dress.. :)

In the immortal words of Palpatine: "do it." Sir. Chukka gang we up!😎
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"