Combat boots/Jump Boots with Service Dress Blues

Started by Castiel, December 06, 2022, 05:26:30 PM

Castiel

Hello this might be kind of a silly question to ask but what exactly are the regulations for the wear of polished combat boots for wear with the blues uniform? As 39-1 illustrates its optional with the service dress blues. "Can be worn (optional) with the Service Dress and Service uniforms. Wear boots with skirt or slacks; however, if worn with skirt, remove boots and wear pumps, slip-on shoes, or low quarters while in the workplace. Heels will be of a height suitable to the individual but no higher than 2 1⁄2 inches (measured from the inside sole of the boot to the end of the heel lift). The tip of the heel can't be less than 1⁄2 inch in diameter or larger than the body of the boot. Faddish styles will not be worn (e.g. extreme toes, pointed or squared, or extreme heel shapes). They will be plain, clean and serviceable, and without ornamentation such as buckles, bows or straps. The material will be smooth, scotch-grained leather or a manmade material. They may be high-gloss or patent finish." It doesn't really illustrate whether you are allowed or supposed to blouse them or not. If anyone knows the answer to this question, please let me know!

Jester

Quote from: Castiel on December 06, 2022, 05:26:30 PMHello this might be kind of a silly question to ask but what exactly are the regulations for the wear of polished combat boots for wear with the blues uniform? As 39-1 illustrates its optional with the service dress blues. "Can be worn (optional) with the Service Dress and Service uniforms. Wear boots with skirt or slacks; however, if worn with skirt, remove boots and wear pumps, slip-on shoes, or low quarters while in the workplace. Heels will be of a height suitable to the individual but no higher than 2 1⁄2 inches (measured from the inside sole of the boot to the end of the heel lift). The tip of the heel can't be less than 1⁄2 inch in diameter or larger than the body of the boot. Faddish styles will not be worn (e.g. extreme toes, pointed or squared, or extreme heel shapes). They will be plain, clean and serviceable, and without ornamentation such as buckles, bows or straps. The material will be smooth, scotch-grained leather or a manmade material. They may be high-gloss or patent finish." It doesn't really illustrate whether you are allowed or supposed to blouse them or not. If anyone knows the answer to this question, please let me know!

There is no mention of them being bloused, therefore they aren't allowed to be bloused.

Castiel

Quote from: Jester on December 06, 2022, 05:28:30 PMThere is no mention of them being bloused, therefore they aren't allowed to be bloused.

Thanks!

SarDragon

They are permitted, unbloused, but, IMHO, they look bad.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Shuman 14

It's also not clear but for females wearing the skirt option with uniforms, you are allowed to wear civilian boots (i.e.  knee high boots) in inclement weather but have to take them off when you arrive your inside duty area.

That's why they give the description "Heels will be of a height suitable to the individual but no higher than 2 1⁄2 inches (measured from the inside sole of the boot to the end of the heel lift). The tip of the heel can't be less than 1⁄2 inch in diameter or larger than the body of the boot. Faddish styles will not be worn (i.e. extreme toes, pointed or squared, or extreme heel shapes). They will be plain, clean and serviceable, and without ornamentation such as buckles, bows or straps. The material will be smooth, scotch-grained leather or a manmade material. They may be high-gloss or patent finish."

In nearly thirty-three years of Service, I have never seen a female Service Member, from any Branch or CAP, wear a skirt with combat boots, but, I have many times seen black leather knee boots worn to/from the place of duty with a quick change into pumps or low quarters.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present