Main Menu

Huh?

Started by SarDragon, November 30, 2015, 09:59:30 PM

Chappie

Quote from: Live2Learn on May 10, 2016, 11:09:09 PM
Quote from: etodd on May 10, 2016, 07:33:02 PM
Is hearing loss related to bumping back up 6 month old threads.   Slow to hear and slow to read threads? Are they both age related?  >:D

yes. 

It's pretty obvious that young CAP members have lotsa time because they're students...
Adult (young) have lotsa time because the're unemployed...
Adult (middle aged) have lotsa time because they have tenure or seniority...
Adult (ready to retire have NO time because they're working on their retirement paper work...
Adults (already retired) have LESS time because they're volunteering, taking care of grand kids, and globe trotting!

Got that?

;)

^^^ Pretty much describes me.  According to my Retirement Countdown app, I have 12 months  20 days, 1 hour and 8 minutes until I move from "the ready to retire" to "already retired" group (my wife will retire 6 months after I pull the pin)....and yep, CAP will continue to be a part of my service; plan to be a docent on the USS Midway because we will be moving to San Diego to be nearer to our two grand-daughters (currently almost 5 and 2 1/2).   Can't wait.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

vesryn

As someone with mild/moderate genetic hearing loss, I can testify that at times it really sucks. I have hearing aids, but it's still often very hard being able to hear people, especially in crowded environments.

Please wear your hearing protection. Hearing loss wasn't preventable in my case, but it's preventable in yours.
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

stillamarine

Quote from: Chappie on May 11, 2016, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Live2Learn on May 10, 2016, 11:09:09 PM
Quote from: etodd on May 10, 2016, 07:33:02 PM
Is hearing loss related to bumping back up 6 month old threads.   Slow to hear and slow to read threads? Are they both age related?  >:D

yes. 

It's pretty obvious that young CAP members have lotsa time because they're students...
Adult (young) have lotsa time because the're unemployed...
Adult (middle aged) have lotsa time because they have tenure or seniority...
Adult (ready to retire have NO time because they're working on their retirement paper work...
Adults (already retired) have LESS time because they're volunteering, taking care of grand kids, and globe trotting!

Got that?

;)

^^^ Pretty much describes me.  According to my Retirement Countdown app, I have 12 months  20 days, 1 hour and 8 minutes until I move from "the ready to retire" to "already retired" group (my wife will retire 6 months after I pull the pin)....and yep, CAP will continue to be a part of my service; plan to be a docent on the USS Midway because we will be moving to San Diego to be nearer to our two grand-daughters (currently almost 5 and 2 1/2).   Can't wait.

12 years 6 months 27 days 15 hours. Not that I'm counting. My wife's minimum retirement date as a federal employee is in the year 2036.....
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Live2Learn

Quote from: stillamarine on May 12, 2016, 02:26:46 PM

12 years 6 months 27 days 15 hours. Not that I'm counting. My wife's minimum retirement date as a federal employee is in the year 2036.....

If any consolation, working is actually 'fun' with the proper attitude.  That, and I have it on good authority that while retirement isn't survivable, it's a good ride while it lasts... again depending upon attitude.  :)

stillamarine

Quote from: Live2Learn on May 12, 2016, 03:25:47 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on May 12, 2016, 02:26:46 PM

If any consolation, working is actually 'fun' with the proper attitude.  That, and I have it on good authority that while retirement isn't survivable, it's a good ride while it lasts... again depending upon attitude.  :)

Oh no doubt. Most days I love my job...some not so much. As for really being retired, I don't know if it'll happen but I have my dream retirement job picked out already!
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com