Leadership 2000 (Phase III/IV) Sunset Date Warning

Started by a2capt, May 08, 2012, 05:26:26 PM

a2capt

It's been almost six months since NHQ rolled out Learn to Lead for Phase III and IV. If you earned your Mitchell Award on or after 1-January, 2012 you should be using Learn to Lead (Leadership Testing Online, not just AE)

Leadership 2000 (paper testing) will be OBSOLETE effective 1-OCTOBER 2013.

That is a long time away, you say?  Yes and NO. It's CLOSER than you think!

If you are a C/2dLt or greater and still using PAPER TESTS, THIS IS FOR YOU.

As of today, if you have not earned Achievement 11, (PAO C/1stLt.) you should SWITCH to Learn To Lead (ONLINE TESTING) NOW.

Lets look at it in a real world view: You want to schedule your Spaatz test on 30-Sept. 2013. That means you have to pass EVERYTHING on paper that day because the next day you can NOT retest using Leadership 2000 (NON-ONLINE TESTING) materials. Besides, scheduling on the last day would be insane.. you wouldn't do that.. would you?

As you can see from the attached chart that unless you are Cadet Highspeed, Super, you are the one that does everything in the exact minimum amount of time, nothing else gets in your way, you will NOT make it before October 2013, that date that is "far away".

Realistically, if you are not nearing, or at Achievement 13 right now, 8-May, 2012 - I would consider switching now to Learn Lead right now. Today. Do not wait, do not pass go. Go straight to CAPMembers.com and download the manuals.

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/library/learn_to_lead.cfm

Printed materials are still not available to cadets with Mitch Award dates prior to 1-January, 2012, but maybe a call to NHQ could get you something.

You WILL NOT be able to use the last two years of your knowledge to pass the Spaatz test. You will most likely NOT pass.

Майор Хаткевич

I think a GOOD reminder, and should probably be sent out nationwide by NHQ. I bet in 2014 and on we'll see a few 1st Lts with Eaker ribbons who will have just that story to tell: "I got all the way to Spaatz, but didn't pass because the test was on the new books, not the ones I used".

lordmonar

We mandated a switch at the mile stone.....so we are way ahead of the curve.  In fact I have only one cadet still using the old books.....she is waiting for here SPATZ PT re-test.....:)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP