Main Menu

CAP TV Interview

Started by etodd, March 30, 2019, 02:05:54 AM

etodd

This Cadet has one of the best elevator speeches that beats out anything most Senior members can spit out. Great job!

https://www.keyc.com/story/40132972/local-civil-air-patrol-opens-opportunity-for-early-involvement
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Gunsotsu

Aside from the glaring errors, sure.

More impressive to a cadet short stack.

TheSkyHornet

I'll definitely give her this:
Her speaking style is highly professional. And you can tell she loves what she does based on her tones and inflections.

etodd

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on March 30, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
Her speaking style is highly professional. And you can tell she loves what she does based on her tones and inflections.

And this ^^^^ is what matters. She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: etodd on March 30, 2019, 03:48:02 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on March 30, 2019, 03:31:10 PM

And this ^^^^ is what matters. She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.

So, I don't think looking for errors is necessary bad. I think it's how those errors are addressed later.

I like to end feedback on a positive note when I can. I'd immediately give her the kudos when she walks away from the camera. Let her have that moment for a while. Then, maybe a week or so later, do the sit down. "Great job. Super proud. How do you feel? Here's what I really liked...okay, so while we're here, let's talk about a few things....for next time, or if you work with another cadet that plans to do this, maybe try....Again, awesome job. This is exactly what I like to see. Proud of you. Stay golden."

It's kind of a science.

The mechanics of the interview were really well done. Maybe a little bit dry as a segment overall, but that's not uncommon. It's not high-moto, thrilling stuff. It was very classy, professional, and heart-filled.

Fester

I thought she did fantastic.  I'm glad life hasn't turned her to an eternal cynic like some of us here.  :D
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

JacobAnn

Quote from: Fester on March 31, 2019, 08:51:22 AM
I thought she did fantastic.  I'm glad life hasn't turned her to an eternal cynic like some of us here.  :D

X2, awesome presentation.

Shuman 14

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

MSgt Van

Her and her sister are rock stars in Mn Wing. Fantastic cadets. It's fun to watch them grow!

CAPCom

Quote from: etodd on March 30, 2019, 03:48:02 PM
She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.

Absolutely.  Anyone who knocks her for "errors" *is* missing the point.  I'd also ask them when the last time was when they stepped forward to be interviewed by their local tv or radio station in a positive recruiting and retention manner to promote CAP so well, so succinctly, and so enthusiastically.