Main Menu

Promotions

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 22, 2020, 12:46:37 PM

CadetProgramGuy

Have a question.

My promotion is being held up at wing because the Promotion Board wants a list of accomplishments above what is required in CAPR 35-5.  I have met all the requirements per the Regulation.

Is this right or 'CAP Legal'

arajca

Is it 'right' or IAW CAPR 35-5? No. Ref CAPR 35-5, para 1.1.

Does it happen? Unfortunately, yes.

I would consider printing to a PDF your ENTIRE Eservices record, including duty positions and especially your activities record, and email it to them. Include a note that this information is available in Eservices, should they wish to verify it.

For those on such a board, yes, I'm that guy...

TheSkyHornet

I think this is another case where more information is needed before sound opinions and guidance can be offered.

To what grade are you eligible for promotion?
Did they explain why they were requested more information?
Did they specify what they are looking for?
Have there been any disciplinary issues that additional material is being used to vet your readiness to advance?
Is there any question into the satisfactory completion of your professional development levels?

arajca

From CAPR 35-5:
Para 1.1:
"1.1. General. Criteria for promotion of CAP active members (as defined in CAPR 39-2, paragraph 3-1a), will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures and practices prescribed herein are prohibited."

Para 1.6:
"1.6. Minimum Officer Eligibility Requirements. To qualify for initial appointment to any CAP grade, members must meet the following minimum requirements:
1.6.1. Be at least 21 years of age (for CAP Officer grade promotions)
1.6.2. Be a high school graduate (or educational equivalent).
1.6.3. Complete Level I and Part 1 of Level II of the senior member Education and Training program.
Former members who have completed Level I training and have less than a two year membership break
are not required to retake Level I.
1.6.4. Be recommended for promotion by the unit commander."

Para 1.10.1 excerpt:
"The board is responsible for considering all pertinent information pertaining to promotion actions and ensuring that the member being considered for promotion meets the minimum eligibility requirements."

Eclipse

As asked, which board?  Unit, Group, Wing, Region?

"That Others May Zoom"

NovemberWhiskey

OK but section 1.8 says that you need to be qualified for the criteria associated with the promotion method you're using in addition to section 1.6; for a duty performance promotion (which I am guessing this is) that's section 2; and section 2 says various things about exemplary performance, which is presumably the catch-all about which further evidence is being sought.