Vanguards latest ugly thingy

Started by RogueLeader, October 29, 2011, 09:02:56 PM

wuzafuzz

Holy cow those are horrid.  Why don't they just cut to the chase and sell CAP branded ipecac?
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Майор Хаткевич

10 year, sadly does look better...

N Harmon

This thing would go awesome on my beret.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: N Harmon on October 31, 2011, 11:50:19 PM
This thing would go awesome on my beret.

Only if it's Orange...for contrast.

a2capt

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 31, 2011, 11:46:39 PMHoly cow those are horrid.  Why don't they just cut to the chase and sell CAP branded ipecac?
IPECAP?
The 10 year one does look better, and it's something I'd actually consider, not for pinning on, but for a shadow box, or such display. The 5? Not a chance in hell.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

zonaman

Quote from: SarDragon on November 01, 2011, 03:14:37 AM
And I still want a 40.  :P

Knowing Vanguard they will probably make some kind of really expensive rack so you can line them up and make your 30, 40, 50, ect. Years in CAP. ;D

. . . As far as not being consistent between the 5 and 10 year pin, I suspect Vanguard is just trying to anticipate the inconsistency of logos and uniform items for CAP. :D

FYI I'm being sarcastic.

a2capt

I more suspect that the 10 year one was made first, and they figured they'd make one that is more likely to sell. ... and since they're now using TTT on everything ....

Don't think so? It's showing up more and more places. It's on the Agenda to accept it. But it's already being used. You see, I'm convinced that the Big V does whats directed. Someone gave them that artwork. I can't imagine them just going off half cocked and making something like that. I'm convinced it's being pushed on an Agenda to legitimize all the use of it now. It's on award certificates, both blank and some milestones, heck, it even snuck onto the cover of the magazine, but thankfully someone saw the light. I'd be curious to know if that was changed back by order, or commonsense crept in.

I'd love to see the NEC reject it, for all the same reasons it's being pushed. If anything, put a moratorium on that stuff until they come up with a Style Guide and work from there with it. A BoardSource level survey isn't necessary, but some ways to take feedback from the rank and file, both random and solicited.

We don't need another logo, seal, thingy. What happens in 10 years when someone else makes up another MS Paint Quickie Hack and starts using it? Well, there was no Style Guide to refer to..

See, it's on the 70th Anniversary deal too, that was probably put together before that first Agenda item that got tabled earlier this year. I guess I'll have to wait until the 75th and hope that thing is gone by then.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 31, 2011, 11:46:39 PM
Holy cow those are horrid.  Why don't they just cut to the chase and sell CAP branded ipecac?

Or...

Can't you see both of those products with TTT?

At least you can still get these vinyl stickers on Evilbay:

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Al Sayre

Too bad they don't make those stickers as a rear window sunscreen or applique.  Would make for good CAP advertising on the back windows of our vans and POV's.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

PHall

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 01, 2011, 12:02:26 PM
Too bad they don't make those stickers as a rear window sunscreen or applique.  Would make for good CAP advertising on the back windows of our vans and POV's.

Check out some of your local sign shops. Some of them may do those rear window appliques. Just provide them with a design.

Al Sayre

Unfortunately I live on this apparent island called Vicksburg where businesses are only open 9-5 Mon-Fri, and will order stuff for you if you are willing to wait two weeks for it.  I work in Port Gibson (30 miles away) from 0600-1630...  >:(  Maybe I'll see if one is open on Saturdays in Jackson...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Get one of those Cricut machines and make them yourself!

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Thought about one of those, but they're too small.  Most rear windows are between 2 & 3 ft high by about 4 or 5 feet long.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 01, 2011, 06:54:16 PM
Thought about one of those, but they're too small.  Most rear windows are between 2 & 3 ft high by about 4 or 5 feet long.

http://podunk0143.goods.officelive.com/default.aspx

I don't know if he'll do a rear window applique or not, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Jon's a good guy, shoot him an email and see what happens.

RiverAux

Quote from: jeders on October 31, 2011, 09:15:21 PM
Vanguard can't even keep this junk straight internally.

The 5 year pin:

The 10 year pin:

I like the 10 year pin.
Thats embarrassing, even for CAP and Vanguard.

titanII

Quote from: CyBorg on November 01, 2011, 07:04:09 AM

I really like this one. I think it shows off our AF relationship, as well as our distinctiveness, very nicely.
No longer active on CAP talk

Thom

Quote from: RiverAux on November 01, 2011, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: jeders on October 31, 2011, 09:15:21 PM
Vanguard can't even keep this junk straight internally.

The 5 year pin:

The 10 year pin:

I like the 10 year pin.
Thats embarrassing, even for CAP and Vanguard.

Just to throw this out there: Are we sure they aren't SUPPOSED to be different?

I get a pin each year from the AMA (that's American Motorcyclist Association, not the Dr. one...) with my years of membership on it, and every year is a completely different design. This means that at a glance you can tell a 5 year pin from a 10 year or 15 year, without stopping to read the tiny printed numbers. And both of those logos/designs/whatever have been used by CAP in the past few years. If they (unlikely, I realize...) come out with a 15 year pin next week with the proper Emblem on it, and a 20 year with the command shield, I'd think the set was pretty good, TTT aside.

I'm just saying...

Thom

davidsinn

Quote from: titanII on November 01, 2011, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 01, 2011, 07:04:09 AM

I really like this one. I think it shows off our AF relationship, as well as our distinctiveness, very nicely.

You realize that's the roundel on all our aircraft right?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 01, 2011, 06:54:16 PM

How big do you want it?  My bestest radio buddy made me nice Happ Arnold and MSF insignias, more than 8.5x11 would be blocking the window.

(he doesn't use a Cricut but it is a similar system, I think it'll do up to 11x17.

"That Others May Zoom"