SUI documentation uploading

Started by hfriday, September 18, 2018, 10:55:18 PM

hfriday

Help!

Fairly new PDO here, entering about one step ahead of the IG for our squadron SUI. Needless to say, there's plenty going on that I'm not clear on.

Someone from IG e-mailed me to ask me to upload a .pdf showing our compliance with cadet protection (which seems odd, since such can be verified on eServices already, and it appears the fellow trying to help me probably screenshot this directly from eServices, but I'm digressing here). He directed me to go to the IG page on eServices, then click on "Documentation," then the drop-down menu to select my unit, then upload. Easy!

Except the link he provided doesn't give me a "Documentation" link on the IG menu on the left. I have "About Inspections" with "Home" below it; "Inspections" with "Report Upload - Other" (tried this and it wouldn't let me select anything); and "Documentation" (a-HA!) with "Instructions" linked below. Clicking that takes me to a CAP .pdf titled "Process for Closing Discrepancies in the DTS." So, no dice.

Anyone know what's up? I know some links appear and disappear on eServices depending on duty position - is this simply something I lack access to as a lowly newbie?

I've already gone back and forth a bit with the well-meaning folks at IG, but I'm beginning to get the impression they are concluding that I'm a little dim, so I'd love to resolve this without going back to them. Thanks in advance for any help anyone may provide!

Eclipse

As a PDO, you don't have access to the area you need to, and unless this is a completed SUI and you're
responding to a discrepancy, there's not going to be any place to upload what he's asking for.

It sounds like he is confusing the post-SUI process with the pre-SUI process.

Even post-SUI, a PDO won't likely have access to this upload area, that's usually reserved for the CC.

Futher to the above, the question might be asked why the PDO is uploading info on CP - that should be
the CDC or someone on the CP staff.

Lastly, there is no longer a question in regards to CPT compliance on the most recent SUI tab for CP:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/SUI_B1_Worksheet_Cadet_0AF496076C918.pdf

In fact, I don't see that on any of the tabs anymore - you may want to confirm they are using the most current
inspection checklists.

"That Others May Zoom"

hfriday

Thanks for the rapid response. Can my commander upload this? I can send it along to him if that makes everyone happy.

Eclipse

Yes, if again we're talking about closing a discrepancy.

But that still begs the question as to >why< they want this info, as it's not an inspection point.

You can push back if they are asking things they don't need to or not following procedure.
Don't let "new" discourage you. You can always use it as the excuse for the questions.

The full set of inspection points is here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/cap-national-hq/inspector-general/sui/

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

OK - I see what they are asking.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/SUI_D1_Worksheet_MS_Pro_Dev_7BFE133407C67.pdf

"Does the unit ensure members do not work with cadets without first completing Cadet Protection Program Training(CPPT)?"

"Make a list of non-compliant members from LV1 report.
Using the eServices Member search ensure they are not receiving any assigned duty position in the unit, directly
supervising cadets on their own, being allowed to wear the Air Force-style CAP uniform, becoming eligible for promotion, or enrolling in AU A4/6 Courses."

The answer of course, is >always< "yes", and the system, I believe, doesn't allow a member who hasn't
completed L1 to be assigned anything, nor could they be eligible for promotion, so why that's there is beyond me.
I suppose an A4/6 could slip through, but it's not likely.

With that said, no idea where you would upload this unless your unit got a discrepancy and this is to close it.

Some wings use Dropbox to upload SUI documentation.  Maybe that's what he's thinking?

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Don't sweat the SUI. They can't dock your pay or claim your first-born.

The inspection team is there to assist the unit through the SUI process. They're not the enemy, nor do they breathe fire. Ask as many questions as you need and don't be intimidated.

You'll be an old pro the next time around.

TheSkyHornet

I'm kind of curious overall as to why the unit PDO is handling SUI information-gathering.

Do you have a fairly new commander as well that dropped this on you?

arajca

Only the commander can upload the documents for the SUI.

jeders

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 19, 2018, 01:22:16 PM
I'm kind of curious overall as to why the unit PDO is handling SUI information-gathering.

Do you have a fairly new commander as well that dropped this on you?

Well, the PDO should be handling the PD tab of the SUI. Only the commander can upload documents (which a lot of IG folks apparently don't realize), but the staff officers should be preparing the documentation for their section.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

hfriday

Yes, that is my understanding. A senior staff officer in the unit is largely handling the getting-the-right-documents-to-the-right-staff-officer bit, because he is most familiar with the SUI process and knows who should fill out what. I filled in my sheet, but they wanted the official report from eServices confirming that we are all cadet-protection qualified, seemingly just as a supplemental document. That falls to the PDO, because all of the testing-materials questions are on that form, which seem primarily to relate to cadets.

Being in a senior squadron, of course, this is largely much ado about nothing beyond the inspection itself. I have since forwarded the document to my commander to upload, so the takeaway is that you folks got me squared away once again. Thanks!

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: jeders on September 19, 2018, 02:34:49 PM
but the staff officers should be preparing the documentation for their section.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote from: hfriday on September 19, 2018, 04:22:51 PM
Yes, that is my understanding. A senior staff officer in the unit is largely handling the getting-the-right-documents-to-the-right-staff-officer bit, because he is most familiar with the SUI process and knows who should fill out what. I filled in my sheet, but they wanted the official report from eServices confirming that we are all cadet-protection qualified, seemingly just as a supplemental document. That falls to the PDO, because all of the testing-materials questions are on that form, which seem primarily to relate to cadets.

I had to look at the PD SUI sheet. I found that to be funky. I can understand CPPT as part of the Level I training, and staff assignments, but it's really a Cadet Programs function. It's a weird interface with CAPR 20-1 (which apparently is changing sometime in the near-to-distance future).

I found testing to be another weird area for PD, since the Testing Officer doesn't necessarily report to the PDO.

Anyway, that's just me all over the place. Carry on  ;)