TMP ES Qualification

Started by WT, July 03, 2008, 01:21:42 PM

WT

To Group / Wing ES Officers out there, I'm just trying to find out what you require to validate the TMP ES Qualification.  According to 60-3, it requires 100 hrs PIC and 50 hrs cross country.  Our wing requires a copy of the most recent logbook page.  We have had an issue with one submitted from our squadron (two months ago) where he had a flight (one entry on the page) where he logged 0.3 of safety pilot time, even though he did not include the 0.3 in PIC, Total Time, or Cross Country.  It was explained multiple times.  Unfortunately, the Group ES Officer who is holding it up also validates for Wing.  I was wondering if anyone else would have a problem with validation  of that...

Thanks for your time!

Al Sayre

Is the 0.3 going to make or break the PIC minimum time?  If not I wouldn't worry about it.  Now if the guy has 99.7 PIC or 49.7 CC and he's claiming it, I'd probably tell him to go take a joy ride and land more than 50 nm from base and then call me... OMMV

In fact, I logged 0.3 PIC with 0 TO & L in an AT6 back in May as sole manipulator of the controls (Yes, I am tailwheel, high performance, and complex qualified), even though I have not been checked out in the AT6.  Would I use it to assert that I could fly an AT6?  No, but it's a cool memory thing for my logbook, and it's perfectly legal.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Has he flown another 18 minutes in the last two months? 

Just resubmit it.

If he hasn't, well a subjective call could say he's not flying enough to be a TMP.  As a group cc myself, I'd be asking questions about someone who flies so rarely that 18 minutes is worth discussing.

"That Others May Zoom"