Main Menu

OPSEC

Started by 0, June 10, 2008, 12:57:03 AM

When a new member joins must they complete OPSEC training before they can get their E-services sign in?  I know those of us who were already in the program would have lost sign to E-Services, WIMRS, etc if we didn't have it done before 1 April.  But for those who are just joining I can't find anything to say one way or the other.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

sarflyer

A new member would wait until he shows up on the national database as a member, ask your commander, and then go to the following link:

https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec/main.cfm

You don't need an eservices account to access it but you have to be in the system or it won't see you.  I would say it needs to be done at the same time as Level One and CPPT.
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

FW

The answer is supposed to be, yes.  

When a new member gets their membership card and accesses eservices, they are supposed to be redirected to the OPSEC "course".  When completed, they are granted access to eservices.  Same with current members in the same situation.  I say "supposed" because I only remember what was voted on by NEC last November.  I haven't seen anything in writing either.

SarDragon

Quote from: sarflyer on June 10, 2008, 01:06:10 AM
A new member would wait until he shows up on the national database as a member, ask your commander, and then go to the following link:

https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec/main.cfm

You don't need an eservices account to access it but you have to be in the system or it won't see you.  I would say it needs to be done at the same time as Level One and CPPT.

OK, let's go over it once more - Level I = three things:

1. Orientation/Foundations

2. CPPT

3. OPSEC

This may seem pedantic, but if we're not putting the right info out in front of the new members, they'll just use the outdated stuff, and pass it on to another generation. This is just as relevant as the uniform Class A/B issue. Look how long that's been going on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

I'm the officer that teaches at my unit I've already gone through this.  I just couldn't find anything about what to do for the new members.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SarDragon

You, as "instructor", go into eServices and get the new CAPID(s) and give that info to each new member. Each will then go to the link in post #2, enter the requested info, and complete the training. That link does NOT require an eServices log-in.

All clear now?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Quote from: SarDragon on June 10, 2008, 07:24:01 AM
You, as "instructor", go into eServices and get the new CAPID(s) and give that info to each new member. Each will then go to the link in post #2, enter the requested info, and complete the training. That link does NOT require an eServices log-in.

All clear now?

I've given the class before to everyone prior to the 1 April 2008 date.  If you took the time to read what I was asking instead of talking your head off, I was asking about NEW MEMBERS and if they can't get into their E-services without taking OPSEC first. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SarDragon

Quote from: Orion Pax on June 10, 2008, 01:47:49 PM

All clear now?

I've given the class before to everyone prior to the 1 April 2008 date.  If you took the time to read what I was asking instead of talking your head off, I was asking about NEW MEMBERS and if they can't get into their E-services without taking OPSEC first. 

OK, then, please restate your problem/question.

It appears that you are asking how new members get access to eServices. Although the information is no longer posted on the eServices home page, IIRC, OPSEC must be completed first, then access will be granted. Have you tried what I suggested above?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

sarflyer

Guys!  Chill!

Orion, follow my posts instructions and all will be well.  Good luck!
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Quote from: SarDragon on June 11, 2008, 08:04:11 AM
Quote from: Orion Pax on June 10, 2008, 01:47:49 PM

All clear now?

OK, then, please restate your problem/question.

It appears that you are asking how new members get access to eServices. Although the information is no longer posted on the eServices home page, IIRC, OPSEC must be completed first, then access will be granted. Have you tried what I suggested above?

First off I want to apologize for the tone I was using yesterday.  I had a rough night and was very tired.  If I hadn't been so tired I wouldn't have been so crass.

Yes that's what I was asking because that's what I could have sworn I read and found in the ICL's but the way they were worded it then sounded like it only effected current members.  For the incoming I wasn't sure. 

And as per instructor we let new Seniors do this on their own.  But we do the class structure for the new cadets for two reason:

1. Make sure it gets done.
2. Make sure that they understand the material.

As far as inputting into the system I don't have those privelages.  The CC does that when I give him the attendence list.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Camas

Quote from: Orion Pax on June 11, 2008, 12:52:49 PM
As far as inputting into the system I don't have those privileges.  The CC does that when I give him the attendance list.

The commander can give you those permissions in his or her "Commander's Corner" in e-services.

brasda91

I can't seem to find where in eServices the CC can enter OPSEC completion for his/her members.  I know I've done it in the past, but it eludes me now.  Anybody?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

IceNine

Good question, I'm not seeing the option anymore either

I used to be able to input them in Ops Qual's but not longer, anyone with more info??
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Camas

Quote from: brasda91 on June 12, 2008, 02:04:31 AM
I can't seem to find where in eServices the CC can enter OPSEC completion for his/her members.  I know I've done it in the past, but it eludes me now.  Anybody?

OK - if you have the permission you should go to the "Operations Qualification" link under "restricted applications". Go to the "ES" link and then to "single achievement or multi achievement entry"; not sure of the exact wording. You should find something in there. I'm not a commander but I believe this is the way it's supposed to work.

Quote from: IceNine on June 12, 2008, 02:16:44 AM
I used to be able to input them in Ops Qual's but not longer, anyone with more info??

My guess is that your permission has been pulled. You should have "operations qualification" showing under "restricted permissions" on the right side of your e-services homepage. If not, you can't get in there anymore. Check with your commander. Please let us know if this helps. We're all still learning.

brasda91

That's it.  It's under "Single-Person Achievement" in the ES tab.  OPSEC in the drop down box.  Thanks.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

IceNine

Quote from: Camas on June 12, 2008, 04:15:54 AM
Quote from: brasda91 on June 12, 2008, 02:04:31 AM

OK - if you have the permission you should go to the "Operations Qualification" link under "restricted applications". Go to the "ES" link and then to "single achievement or multi achievement entry"; not sure of the exact wording. You should find something in there. I'm not a commander but I believe this is the way it's supposed to work.

Quote from: IceNine on June 12, 2008, 02:16:44 AM

My guess is that your permission has been pulled. You should have "operations qualification" showing under "restricted permissions" on the right side of your e-services homepage. If not, you can't get in there anymore. Check with your commander. Please let us know if this helps. We're all still learning.

Not a permission issue, I am a commander.  Just don't see the option to select OPSEC.

Anyone else?

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

ßτε

Quote from: IceNine on June 12, 2008, 11:40:25 PM

Not a permission issue, I am a commander.  Just don't see the option to select OPSEC.

Anyone else?

Have you looked in Commander's Corner? It has an OPSEC Entry module listed.

IceNine

That module is used to grant permission to enter OPSEC  information to personnel that are not the commander, not to actually enter OPSEC training

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Camas

Quote from: IceNine on June 13, 2008, 03:32:18 PM
Anyone else?
I apologize for misunderstanding your question in reference to my earlier post. As commander you automatically have the permission to enter OPSEC training for your members. Try this:
Quote from: Camas on June 12, 2008, 04:15:54 AM
Go to the "Operations Qualification" link under "restricted applications". Go to the "ES" link and then to "single achievement" or "multi achievement entry"; not sure of the exact wording. You should find something in there.
Once you're in the dropdown menu in the "single achievement" or "multi achievement" page you should find "OPSEC" there along with "OPS Emergency Services".  The OPSEC menu should reload the page and you'll have the capability to enter the OPSEC information there.

Now, I've got a question - does this procedure qualify the member for OPSEC training or does the commander or designee have to go into the "Valications-OPSEC" module to validate the OPSEC training before it's actually posted? Thoughts?