Started by airdale, January 09, 2008, 03:21:46 PM

Gunner C

Quote from: SarWeenie on May 01, 2008, 03:14:45 AM
The AF released a report  a while back and found ARCHER to be useless

Citation please?

GC

Short Field

Quote from: SarWeenie on May 01, 2008, 03:14:45 AM
The AF used HSI in the 70's....theres a reason there not using it any more... its garbage...unless we are evaluating crops and agriculture surveys its crap..

Well, I was using it a LOT later than the 70's and as far as I know, it is still being used. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

wingnut

I am not going to reply to anymore crap on this subject, we have a bunch of LUDITES here, anyone want any more inteligent conversation email me.

real scientific a few guys just making stuff up, ( Air Force saying it's CRAP, please the blog is not a rag sheet on the check out line wall)

wingnut

Watch what your saying about CAP staff, you can be sued for liable for saying things on a BLOG, and if you cannot back it up be prepared to answer to someone

RiverAux

Personally, I would like to see a detailed report on the ARCHER and how it has been used by CAP for varioius missions.  I'm talking about something more detailed than a Volunteer story. 

DNall

1AF/CC made statements a few months ago that ARCHER is not currently useful for the HLS missions that command is doing. I can't provide you published ref to that. I don't know that it is published, but it is factual.

If that's a fair assessment of the technology, or if it's a change in position meant to justify the ongoing acquisition & deployment of UAVs within the ANG, is a matter well above my pay grade.

All I'm saying is... 1) it has some things it's very well suited for. 2) those are not primary missions of CAP. 3) CAP should not push money at systems for secondary or ancillary missions when it detracts from deployment of technology for our primary mission set, and in numbers that make the platform more useful. 4) This experience should be taken as a lesson & not allowed to repeat in future budget positions.

I don't care how you feel about the technology itself. That ^ position is hard to argue with.

DNall

be nice. The guy has a lot of time & hard work invested in a system he's got some expertise in. Of course he's going to be a supporter, for better or worse. You're entitled to your opinion also, but we can be professionals here & have a discussion on the usefulness of the technology or alternatives & why CAP is doing whichever one, and if the original questioner should pursue involvement or preserve his energy for other things.